COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.80
The Machinist (Blu-ray)
$6.94
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Stargate: The Ark of Truth / Continuum (Blu-ray)
$16.19
Inside Job (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Just Go With It (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$8.69
30 Minutes or Less (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Fair Lady (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Transformers Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.24
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$11.98
Justice League: War (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Grimm: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #2721
Power Member

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
Oh, I see. I thought this thread was about the original Masterpiece Collection, the book style one, that's the one I have. Yeah, that other set looks very pretty, but I just don't have the space for it.
If you're going for a huge gimmicky Hitchcock set, then this one is DEFINITELY the one to get (as of now):

It also has NBNW AND it has To Catch A Thief, which even the US set doesn't have. It costs 80 on amazon.co.uk as of now - the same price as the UK masterpiece collection. Plus the design is nicer than the one you posted, IMO at least. The discs are also more easily accessible I imagine.
"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 08-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #2722

Aug 2010
London

^ I haven't seen that set before. It does look impressive, but I'd have nowhere to keep that huge box.

Interesting that they have To Catch A Thief, isn't that the only one on Paramount if I remember right?
Old 08-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #2723
Power Member

May 2011

Yeah, they must've come to some sort of agreement with Paramount/Warner to include both NBNW and To Catch A Thief. I guess since they were good with Warner, they could've also included Dial M For Murder, but nevertheless 16 films in one set is pretty damn impressive. Here's a great unboxing video of it:

"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 08-29-2014, 04:17 AM   #2724
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprestige85 View Post
Oh, I see. I thought this thread was about the original Masterpiece Collection, the book style one, that's the one I have. Yeah, that other set looks very pretty, but I just don't have the space for it.
This is the original Masterpiece Collection. At least, it's the original Limited Edition UK Masterpiece Collection. It was released simultaneous to the more modestly packaged UK set (similar to the US packaging, but without NxNW), which came out only two weeks after the US Masterpiece Collection. It was also released in other countries (like France) simultaneous to the US Masterpiece Collection. So it is every bit as "original" as the little cardboard box/book that the US market got stuck with.

When I pre-ordered the UK set, I could've gotten the regular edition for even cheaper, but considering how cheap even the more deluxe Limited Edition was compared to the US release, I decided to splurge. Ditto the Universal Monsters set, for which I got the Limited Edition "Coffin" box, rather than the regular "Box" box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
If you're going for a huge gimmicky Hitchcock set, then this one is DEFINITELY the one to get (as of now):

[Show spoiler]
As cool as that packaging is, even I don't have shelf space for something that huge. haha
Old 08-29-2014, 01:37 PM   #2725
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Tulsa, OK (but don't hold it against me!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion138 View Post
As cool as that packaging is, even I don't have shelf space for something that huge. haha
That's what she said.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America