Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$79.96
The Ultimate Matrix Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.99
Spirited Away (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Blomkamp³ Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.62
Mission: Impossible Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Kiki's Delivery Service (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Porco Rosso (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Penny Dreadful: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
It Follows (Blu-ray)
$16.99
The Decline of Western Civilization Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.87
The Cat Returns (Blu-ray)
$19.98
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 06-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #18181

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesDad View Post
Well I think everybody pretty much knows that the Germans lost the war
Alexander Walker used to dine out on one of his Stanley Kubrick stories. One time he came round to Kubrick's house for dinner to find him engrossed in an episode of The World at War, explaining without even turning to look at him "I want to see how this ends."

"The Germans lose, Stanley."
"Gentleman, that last remark is not for publication. This is a D notice situation."
Old 06-27-2015, 05:21 PM   #18182
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrahil2001 View Post
It's weird. The ones I was looking at were like 80-90. Maybe I just didn't find the right ones.
Depends on the release. Also in the case of Fright night there are now 8000 copies from TT and a bunch from Germany France ect. Christine also has good foreign releases. But before that they were both going for insane prices.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:10 PM   #18183

Aug 2009

Yeah, I looked at FN and NOTLD, which were the two I had experience with.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:56 PM   #18184
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Texas, at the bottom of a well 21,000 ft down

Latest update on a potential re-release of Christine:

From TT's Facebook page in response to a question if it will be released this year:

Quote:
Twilight Time DVD Label No, it isn't.
And a follow up question if TT plans to re-release it in 2016 or later:

Quote:
Twilight Time DVD Label There is a chance the film may be re-released in future, although not necessarily by us. Studio slates are always in constant flux, and our job, as we have explained many times before, is to be a "premium platform" for certain titles that may or may not be given a wider rollout down the line. Our 3,000 unit model has proven very successful in identifying for the majors which titles might be given that opportunity.
Twilight Time Release Schedule Thread

Professor Fate: Leslie escaped?
General: With a small friar.
Professor Fate: Leslie escaped with a chicken?
General: No, you idiot. With a friar. A monk. A priest.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:05 PM   #18185
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2010

So, now we have 2 titles to speculate on since they had said (I think) that 4 will be re-released by them?
(first 2 were Fright Night and Journey to the center of the earth)

Then, I'd be interested in Mysterious Island and The Blob!
Most wanted Blurays: All classic Disney animation films restored to their original look (with grain), without any re-imagining, Raintree County, Star Wars OT, Spacecamp, Spacehunter: adventures in the forbidden zone, Maurice, Explorers, Runaway, Mayerling, Supergirl, True Lies, Abyss, King Solomon's Mines, The Philadelphia Experiment (1984), Madonna Blond Ambition Tour
Foreign films: Sissi Trilogy, Death in Venice, Raise the Red Lantern, Cyrano, Indochine, Farewell my Concubine
Old 06-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #18186
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmmusic View Post
So, now we have 2 titles to speculate on since they had said (I think) that 4 will be re-released by them?
(first 2 were Fright Night and Journey to the center of the earth)

Then, I'd be interested in Mysterious Island and The Blob!
It's not the Blob as it hadn't even been released at that point let alone its been less than a year since its release.
Old 06-28-2015, 10:32 PM   #18187
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Since Christine seems to be out of the running -- which is odd, as I thought TT had confirmed it early on in the reissue discussion -- the most obvious candidates for the next two are Mysterious Island and The Big Heat. Neither was a quick sell-out (a year, plus or minus, for both), but both are early releases (and past their original 3-year exclusivity period) and have been sold out for a good length of time (3 and 2 years, respectively).
"He sits there in his house watching the same stupid movie over and over again."
"Bad taste in films is not a criminal offense."
"Wait till you've seen it."

List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

List of Twilight Time Out of Print titles, with dates they went OOP
Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM   #18188
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Since Christine seems to be out of the running --
Out of the running for this year, which it was never in the running for anyway because their 3-year contract ends March 2016. At that point if Twilight Time don't license it again someone else will (Arrow, Scream, etc.).
Old Today, 01:11 AM   #18189
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post
Nothing is better than a blind buy that turns out to be even better than expected, which happened for me with 'U Turn'....a perfect blend of noir and dark comedy, quirky, never a dull moment, not over-long as some reviews have stated and looks stunning on Blu-ray. For anybody on the fence like I was I say go for it
When I first read this post, it gave me a lift, as I picked up U-Turn as the freebie in the last Twilight Time promotion, even though it wasn't on my "wanted" list. It just so happened that I really wanted 4 other titles very badly, so why not take a flyer on the freebie as long as it was being offered. I was hoping to be surprised with an unknown gem (like you mention above), but instead I feel bad in saying that the movie didn't work for me at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
So many blurays, so little time.
Old Today, 01:26 AM   #18190

Sep 2009

They really packed a lot of solid releases into Oct 13th...
Old Today, 03:35 AM   #18191

Jun 2013
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page14 View Post
I was hoping to be surprised with an unknown gem (like you mention above), but instead I feel bad in saying that the movie didn't work for me at all. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Same thing for me with the much hyped Zardoz, I even tried watching it twice, ended up selling my copy
Old Today, 03:39 AM   #18192
Power Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by docc View Post
Same thing for me with the much hyped Zardoz, I even tried watching it twice, ended up selling my copy
Zardoz was a blind buy for me too. I haven't watched it yet though. I'm expecting it to be weird.

(FWIW, I have my autographed U-Turn listed in the trading forum, if anybody is interested).
So many blurays, so little time.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors