Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 10-09-2014, 09:07 PM   #801
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke B. View Post
How can I contact Warner and get a answer?
I tried by e-mail but got no response.
The Warner Archive Facebook page is your best shot.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:50 AM   #802
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

I saw a print ad for Warner Archive's 1080p HD streaming site, with photos of Night of Dark Shadows, Crescendo, From Beyond the Grave, Return of the Living Dead II, The Phantom of Hollywood, and The Mummy (with a still from Frankenstein 1970). With Night already on BD and The Mummy assumedly part of the Hammer box planned for 2015, might the others be likely candidates for the Archive series?
Old 10-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #803

Sep 2014
Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by captveg View Post
The Warner Archive Facebook page is your best shot.
I tried this but got no answer
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #804

Dec 2007

It would be nice if WAC had a little more interaction with fans to see what films they would want to see released. They certainly could use social media better. This is such a niche market. It is great that they are starting to release more but the entire home entertainment division of WB is completely lost. The keep releasing old transfers of classic movies and they dump Yankee Doodle Dandy off to WAC but release War and Peace, it just makes no sense.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #805

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
I saw a print ad for Warner Archive's 1080p HD streaming site, with photos of Night of Dark Shadows, Crescendo, From Beyond the Grave, Return of the Living Dead II, The Phantom of Hollywood, and The Mummy (with a still from Frankenstein 1970). With Night already on BD and The Mummy assumedly part of the Hammer box planned for 2015, might the others be likely candidates for the Archive series?

It actually only says HD for Return, Night of Dark Shadows, and The Mummy. Obviously these have been remastered for HD, but not the others. I desperately want ROTLD 2 with a fixed soundtrack.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #806
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu2u View Post
It actually only says HD for Return, Night of Dark Shadows, and The Mummy.
Phantom too. Here is their full horror list (though Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman has no business being anywhere but sci-fi).
Old 10-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #807

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERYONE LIES View Post
It would be nice if WAC had a little more interaction with fans to see what films they would want to see released.
Unfortunately from personal experience when I was working at WHV and another company, that often doesn't work. Time and again the most requested archive titles with the most persistent letter writing campaigns would sell extremely badly on DVD and video because there's often a huge discrepancy between what people say they want and what they'll actually pay a decent retail price for. With many back-catalog titles they'd just wait until the price dropped a couple of years later and we'd be lucky to cover the title's production costs.
"Gentleman, that last remark is not for publication. This is a D notice situation."
Old 10-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #808
Expert Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke B. View Post
I tried this but got no answer
WB won't answer if a titles is coming out, theywill either tell you they don't have the rights, it belongs to another studio or the elements are in need of restoration. If you get no answer that is usually a good sign - which means it's probably in the pipeline
Old 10-12-2014, 02:21 AM   #809
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Texas, at the bottom of a well 21,000 ft down

My Yankee Doodle Dandy has shipped from Amazon. The past two WAC titles have shipped early for release day arrival, unlike all the previous ones that shipped one week to 10 days later.
"All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl" - JLG
Old 10-13-2014, 04:36 AM   #810

Dec 2013

Given that all of the WA blu-ray titles available so far were previously released as regular WHV dvds, do you think we will ever see WA dvds get the blu-ray upgrade? Curious to hear your thoughts on this... I was thinking of certain WA titles that would certainly benefit from the HD treatment, like Northwest Passage, The Hanging Tree, The Last Hunt... But the recent example of The Lusty Men (released on dvd only, despite the 2k restoration) seems to indicate that WA dvd-->bd upgrades are not going to happen that easily.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:50 AM   #811

Jun 2014

I would love that beautiful looking Freaks Blu-ray. Maybe next Halloween.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:46 PM   #812

May 2013
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuwest View Post
Given that all of the WA blu-ray titles available so far were previously released as regular WHV dvds, do you think we will ever see WA dvds get the blu-ray upgrade? Curious to hear your thoughts on this... I was thinking of certain WA titles that would certainly benefit from the HD treatment, like Northwest Passage, The Hanging Tree, The Last Hunt... But the recent example of The Lusty Men (released on dvd only, despite the 2k restoration) seems to indicate that WA dvd-->bd upgrades are not going to happen that easily.
I think they'll happen on a case by case basis. For The Lusty Men, for example, Warner's may have decided that there was a limited market for non-CinemaScope b&w westerns, or they may be waiting to see how the DVD sells before doing a blu ray release. In any case, I don't think we can assume upgrades will be automatic now that catalog releases have slowed to a trickle.
Current pre-orders:
11/04/2014: Man of the West
11/11/2014: The Sands of Iwo Jima, Christmas in Connecticut
11/18/2014: It Happened One Night
11/25/2014: Tootsie, The Long Goodbye, Thieves Like Us
12/02/2014: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
12/09/2014: The Missouri Breaks, Buffalo Bill and the Indians
02/03/2015: Diner
Old 10-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #813
Expert Member

Dec 2011
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubuwest View Post
I would love to see this WA DVD get the Blu-ray treatment

Thanks given by:
PowellPressburger (10-14-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #814
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlakephil View Post
I have always wanted to see this and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid I would love a BLU for Pennies From Heaven.
Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! These are becoming endangered and should be kept intact. They are part of film history.

Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60 Marantz SR7007
MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Oppo BDP-103 Region Free
Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors