Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.96
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
The Strain: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Kundo (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Nutty Professor: 50th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 09-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #3181

Jun 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Surprisingly, a site review for Death Kiss is already up.
I saw that. Yet I still can't find anywhere to order it.

I'm actually hoping that it waits a littleonger, so I can order the Dec. Studio Classics I want and Death Kiss, get the cheaper price and free shipping.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:29 AM   #3182
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Oh, I'm sure that's going to upset a few folks around here...
What doesn't?
And I have been fortunate to escape what has been called “that form of snobbery which can accept the Literature of Entertainment in the Past, but only the Literature of the Enlightenment in the Present.” - Raymond Chandler

'Course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whor*s all get respectable if they last long enough. - Noah Cross
Old 09-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #3183
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaide View Post
I saw that. Yet I still can't find anywhere to order it.
Same here. My Blowitoutahere order was auto-cancelled last month, and they haven't re-added it to their site. After several delays, I'm just glad it's finally being released, even if pre-orders are still nowhere to be found.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:48 AM   #3184

Jun 2014

Quote:
Same here. My Blowitoutahere order was auto-cancelled last month, and they haven't re-added it to their site. After several delays, I'm just glad it's finally being released, even if pre-orders are still nowhere to be found.
I'm surprised that the Kino site itself doesn't have it listed yet, though that site is pretty horrible.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:06 AM   #3185
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Why are you surprised?

Unlike some other reviewers, our reviewers do not just post screencaptures with borrowed analysis from other writers. Our reviewers also do not copy supplied PR text for the supplemental features.

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure that's going to upset a few folks around here...
I am only familiar with one of these films and it is pretty remarkable that an official DVD release is actually happening.

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-16-2014 at 04:09 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #3186
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
Seacoast New Hampshire

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Why are you surprised?

Unlike some other reviewers, our reviewers do not just post screencaptures with borrowed analysis from other writers. Our reviewers also do not copy supplied PR text for the supplemental features.
I think he meant that it indicated that the title actually was being released rather than staying in limbo. A review suggests that a review copy went out, which suggests that the BDs were actually pressed.
List of Twilight Time signed promotional titles.

"I am Spartacus!"
"I am Spartacus!"
"I am Spartacus!"
"I am Groot."
Old 09-16-2014, 04:11 AM   #3187
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
I think he meant that it indicated that the title actually was being released rather than staying in limbo. A review suggests that a review copy went out, which suggests that the BDs were actually pressed.

What makes you think that there was a chance that Blu-rays would not be pressed? Kino actually promoted this upcoming release and there was never an announcement that it would be delayed or canceled.

Pro-B
Old 09-16-2014, 04:16 AM   #3188
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Why are you surprised?
...I am surprised because it is a month before release date (which is relatively early for this site to review a release), and, as previously noted, with no pre-orders available anywhere and with several delays already, I had assumed the disc was still in limbo. Is that okay?

Quote:
Kino actually promoted this upcoming release and there was never an announcement that it would be delayed or canceled.
The original release date was May 6th. Since then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Kid Forums on 6/15
Someone asked about THE DEATH KISS on Kino's Facebook page; they replied it has been "postponed for technical reasons."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Kid Forums on 6/17
From Reid Rossman at Kino:
We're hoping for a fourth quarter release, but no word yet.
We'll post on our site and facebook when there's news.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Reid
Link

Quote:
Ah, I see what this is really about.

Last edited by NoirFan; 09-16-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:34 AM   #3189
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
The original release date was May 6th.
This isn't true. It was a date supplied to e-vendors to set up pre-orders, which is something we also had reflected on the site:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13356

May 6th was a date which was never officially dispatched in a press release from Kino. However, there were press notes and images supplied by Kino for this release. Since then, there has not been a single press announcement stating that the release will be officially/unofficially delayed.

The only movement in terms of dates was at Amazon, and it was done internally. Our system has logged the same changes.

Pro-B
Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 AM   #3190
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Since then, there has not been a single press announcement stating that the release will be officially/unofficially delayed.
So because posts from Kino on their official Facebook page stating that a release has been 'postponed for technical reasons' aren't press announcements, they don't count as delays? In any case, all of this is due to you misinterpreting my use of the word 'surprisingly', so I'm not going to become ensnared in some sort of nebulous debate, when there is really nothing to debate.

Regardless, I look forward to re-ordering the release from Blowitoutahere as soon as their pre-order returns. I can't see it getting much lower than the $17.97 I paid during their an earlier 15% sale. Hopefully it won't be a difficult process getting a re-order at the lower price. I recall auto-cancelling being a regular occurrence at Import CDs, but I've never had a pre-order from Blowitoutahere last so long that it fell victim to the shoddy cataloging software that they assumedly share with Import CDs. Actually, in this case I believe that the pre-order just disappeared entirely.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #3191
Power Member

Feb 2011
USA

Quote:
So because posts from Kino on their official Facebook page stating that a release has been 'postponed for technical reasons' aren't press announcements, they don't count as delays? In any case, all of this is due to you misinterpreting my use of the word 'surprisingly', so I'm not going to become ensnared in some sort of nebulous debate, when there is really nothing to debate.

Regardless, I look forward to re-ordering the release from Blowitoutahere as soon as their pre-order returns. I can't see it getting much lower than the $17.97 I paid during their an earlier 15% sale. Hopefully it won't be a difficult process getting a re-order at the lower price. I recall auto-cancelling being a regular occurrence at Import CDs, but I've never had a pre-order from Blowitoutahere last so long that it fell victim to the shoddy cataloging software that they assumedly share with Import CDs. Actually, in this case I believe that the pre-order just disappeared entirely.
I will be getting this when it is released, looking forward to it.
The Ghostbusters earned their Stripes and to relax decided to go play golf, but got locked in the Caddyshack by the Gopher with The Blues Brothers who are hiding from a Dragnet but luckily they all escaped to The Great Outdoors, where they met a ranger who turned out to be The Man Who Knew Too Little because everything he said was Lost In Translation.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #3192
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Hopefully it won't be a difficult process getting a re-order at the lower price.
Terrific customer service:

Quote:
Unfortunatley at this time we do not currently have any available discounted coupons. We ask that you periodically check the website for
any upcoming discounts.
So much for them honoring my original order, even after I carefully explained the circumstances.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #3193
KL Studio Classics Rep

Sep 2014
New York, NY
Default Black Sabbath/Black Sunday Announcement

Due to unforeseen contractual issues, Kino Lorber will no longer be able to sell the Blu-ray of BLACK SABBATH/BLACK SUNDAY (U.S. Release Versions). We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have one or both of these titles back in release in the future.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #3194

Jun 2014

Wow, my copy of Death Kiss arrived today (and Short Eyes for that matter). It does exist!
Old 10-04-2014, 03:07 PM   #3195
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

The Amazon pre-order page for Death Kiss is finally back up, but the release date (according to them) is now 10/14.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #3196
Special Member

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption Films Facebook in February 2014
Jess Franco fans and admirers should prepare themselves for a visual orgy of Franco cinema this year as Redemption prepares to release no less than 14 further Franco titles on Blu-ray. Titles currently in preparation or being readied for imminent release include; A Virgin Among the Living Dead, The Demons, The Awful Dr. Orloff, The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein, Nightmares Come at Night and the never before released Les Chatouilleuses aka Crazy Nuns, Franco’s comedic western in which four girls on the run take refuge in a convent disguised as nuns with the usual sapphic results. Crazy Nuns stars Lina Romay and will probably be released on the Jezebel label.
Curiously I wonder what happened to the implied landslide of Franco titles from Redemption. The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein and Crazy Nuns are both missing and out of "14" Franco titles only 4 of them have actually been released months later. I know the Redemption line has been slower to release films recently but hopefully this Franco stuff eventually comes through. Any news?
Old 10-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #3197
Special Member

Nov 2011

I got my copy of THE DEATH KISS a few days ago. It's a fun little murder mystery but even more fun as a behind-the-scenes look at a 1930s Hollywood studio. This restored edition appears to be made up of a little over half a beautiful-looking, crisp and clear, nitrate original print with some hand-tinted shots, and somewhat less than half (like every other reel) copied from a contrasty, well-worn copy of a copy and maybe some 16mm blow-up footage. Overall it looks very good, sometimes amazingly good. The enthusiastic audio commentary is packed with interesting background on the production, cast, crew, and studio. I'd give it a 3.5/5 overall.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors