Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mr. Robot: Season 3.0 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Bridge of Spies (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99

A Quiet Place 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Tombstone (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Army of Darkness (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
Fury 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

A Few Good Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

To Have and Have Not (Blu-ray)
$11.85

The Dark Crystal 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Zodiac (Blu-ray)
$5.34

The Finest Hours (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon
Australia Official Blu-ray Metal Slip Discussion Thread

Welcome to the official metal slip discussion where fellow users can discuss everything related to bluray metal slips. If you don't know what metal slips are, they are Australian exclusive metal slips reserved for few films and are sold for a period of a few months before going OOP. This makes these items very collective and sought after and go for top dollar.

So have fun an please keep this metal slip related, no steel books and what-not.
List of available Australian metal slips to date:
Inglorious Bastard
Dark Knight
Gladiator
Smokin Aces
Fast and Furious 1-4
Fast and Furious
Fast and Furious 5
Terminator 2
Saving Private Ryan
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
The Godfather Part III
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Apocalypse Now
Paul
Scarface

TO BE RELEASED:
Nothing to Date

WISHLIST
Jaws
E.T
Indiana Jones
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.

Last edited by NickMate; 12-05-2011 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Desperately seeking a Smokin' Aces Steelcase, from one collector to another I emplore somebody to part with theirs for a reasonable price so that I may complete my collection.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

my store is stocking up in 2 weeks. they had about 10 in the back last month but theyre are gone because of the 50% sale. if you asked me then, could of got it for ya. will check when they get more and see what prices i can do them for. btw dont pay over $50 for it. not worth it as its not really as rare as the rest yet.
WTB:
Standard Blu's: Finding Nemo (non 3D with slip), same for Brave. Cars 2 3D with all discs. Disney 3D releases (G-Force, Chicken Run, Little and Meet the Robinsons etc.). Beauty and the Beast Xmas with slip.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #4

Jul 2010

The only metal slip I've got is Inglourious Basterds (postcards still sealed, but actual bluray unsealed). To be honest, I find metal slips incredibly ugly. Would prefer a steelbook 99% of the time.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by youwontknow View Post
The only metal slip I've got is Inglourious Basterds (postcards still sealed, but actual bluray unsealed). To be honest, I find metal slips incredibly ugly. Would prefer a steelbook 99% of the time.
Most people do prefer the steelbooks over metal slips because of the physical size. You can trade the metal slip here if you want. Bound to get at least $100 without the film.
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #6

Jul 2010

It's actually my partner's copy... I bought it for him for bday or christmas when it came out (can't remember when it came out haha). When I told him that it's worth a fair bit, he was pretty chuffed with himself haha.

What would be the rarest metal slip, do you think?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #7
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

I've got the inglorious basterds, terminator 2 and saving private ryan metal cases. How much are these worth to collectors?
Old 06-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Ok that's alright. The rarest slip are Inglorious Bastards, T2 and The Dark Knight. Though out of all of all them Ingorious Bastards would be rarer as it was the first metal slip. You can easily score $150-$500 for it on eBay. The dark knight goes for $340 so it would be higher than that.
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetechnique View Post
I've got the inglorious basterds, terminator 2 and saving private ryan metal cases. How much are these worth to collectors?
IB: $150-$500 depending on condition
T2: $150
SPR: $150-$200
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #10
Special Member

Apr 2010
Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmate View Post
IB: $150-$500 depending on condition
T2: $150
SPR: $150-$200
Whoa

All 3 slips are opened but mint. I tried looking on eBay but couldn't find a listing for ib metal slip.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetechnique View Post
Whoa

All 3 slips are opened but mint. I tried looking on eBay but couldn't find a listing for ib metal slip.
Yer. While people prefer them sealed if they are in mint condition you should get around $250ish for Inglorious Bastards. It hasn't been on eBay for about a year now but when it was, they were selling at ludicrous prices. I made myself $800 for 2 copies which I purchased for $20 each.
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #12

Jul 2010

I cannot even fathom how anyone could pay so much for it.... i look on ebay every now and then but have only seen a few, all going for around the $300 mark. Just ridiculous!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by youwontknow View Post
I cannot even fathom how anyone could pay so much for it.... i look on ebay every now and then but have only seen a few, all going for around the $300 mark. Just ridiculous!
Yer some people have too much money. A lot of people sell them for profit which technically is exploitation but the buyer should know before they buy. I admit in spending a lot more than normal for a few metal slips, but I personally wouldn't pay $500 for one.
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #14

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernaut View Post
Desperately seeking a Smokin' Aces Steelcase, from one collector to another I emplore somebody to part with theirs for a reasonable price so that I may complete my collection.
PM Sent
Down Under Group: Sales and Trades
Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #15
Special Member

May 2010
Melbourne, Aus

The thing I like about metal-slips is that you still get the Amaray.

The Gladiator one was one that appealed to me but I didn't want to go through the hassle of replacement program so I settled for the remastered one with the slip. Same with Inglorious Basterds, however in this case I started collecting Blurays after they were sold out but at least I got one with a slip.

Will try get the Godfather ones, if they are still available and decently priced at the next JB 20% off. Otherwise, Scarface will be a day-one buy for me.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #16
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 2010 View Post
The thing I like about metal-slips is that you still get the Amaray.

The Gladiator one was one that appealed to me but I didn't want to go through the hassle of replacement program so I settled for the remastered one with the slip. Same with Inglorious Basterds, however in this case I started collecting Blurays after they were sold out but at least I got one with a slip.

Will try get the Godfather ones, if they are still available and decently priced at the next JB 20% off. Otherwise, Scarface will be a day-one buy for me.
I love the gladiator steel. That is my next metal slip along with the ones coming this year. I also will buy another set of the godfather trilogy at 20%. The next sale I think is in a few months.
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #17

May 2009
New Zealand

Yeah the Godfather set would be awesome to have. I'm just not sure I could justify spending 40 per film, when I have the box set already (at much less).
Down Under Group: Sales and Trades
Old 06-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
Yeah the Godfather set would be awesome to have. I'm just not sure I could justify spending 40 per film, when I have the box set already (at much less).
Yer that is true. They are overprice. Even with 20% they were expensive but I got them for half price with bluray player deal. Also had a $50 gift card so it was about $10.
WTB:
Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #19

Jan 2011
Queensland

Currently have Inglourious Basterds, sealed cards, not sealed case, and Fast & Furious unsealed but mint. Still trying to chase down a copy of T2. Deeply regret not picking it up the many times I saw it on shelves
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
Currently have Inglourious Basterds, sealed cards, not sealed case, and Fast & Furious unsealed but mint. Still trying to chase down a copy of T2. Deeply regret not picking it up the many times I saw it on shelves
Me too. So much regret. Haha oh well can't undo the past
WTB:
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
australian, bluray, discussion, metal, slip, steel, steelbook, steelcase