Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
How to Train Your Dragon (Blu-ray)
$10.00
Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$14.92
Mulholland Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Orange Is the New Black: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Lost in Space (Blu-ray)
$129.99
Far from the Madding Crowd (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Blacklist: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$44.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM   #13561
Special Member

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiserfan View Post
When I was in middle school one of the first X-men comics I bought was his X-men #1. Loved his work ever since and the past number of years he seems to get some hate all seemingly due to his popularity.
Me too. That is pretty much the only reason I even considered reading a comic at the time. I would constantly try to emulate his style of drawing.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #13562

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
The only artist that compares in style and is on the same level as Jim Lee is Marc Silvestri.

Liefeld and Turner can't even touch them.
As I have been informed earlier in the thread, I am an a**hat. I don't really like any of these guys or that original "Image" style art. It's bland and stale to me, yet not classic enough to match a lot of the old school artists. It's like the difference between the Romitas.
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #13563
Blu-ray Baron

Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
The only artist that compares in style and is on the same level as Jim Lee is Marc Silvestri.

Liefeld and Turner can't even touch them.
I love Lee's work, he was one of the only guys from the 90's that could keep a deadline as well. J. Scott Campbell is another I like(d) a lot. Silvestri did have a very similar style to Lee's, but the closest I've ever seen was Whilce Portacio, he did Wetworks and was a smaller member of the Image gang in the 90's, but very good. He just took FOREVER to get an issue done, it was ridiculous.

I always liked Dale Keown and Sam Keith too, but they also couldn't hold a deadline for shit.
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM   #13564
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
I love Lee's work, he was one of the only guys from the 90's that could keep a deadline as well. J. Scott Campbell is another I like(d) a lot. Silvestri did have a very similar style to Lee's, but the closest I've ever seen was Whilce Portacio, he did Wetworks and was a smaller member of the Image gang in the 90's, but very good. He just took FOREVER to get an issue done, it was ridiculous.

I always liked Dale Keown and Sam Keith too, but they also couldn't hold a deadline for shit.
Not everyone can be Greg Capullo when it comes to monthly deadlines. This is why I always preferred when an artist had a head start on a series prior to his issues being solicited. That's the only way Jim Lee was able to get Batman: Hush out so consistently every month.

Rumor is Marc Silvestri is doing that now on a Batman run that will eventually be announced when he's close to finishing.
Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM   #13565
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiserfan View Post
I will have to google more work of his but just from that pic I don't care for his style. She's way too lanky and it appears he's yet another artist that can't draw women's faces well.

edit: Hahaha, why oh why did you use that piece of art as a first time example to his work? I just googled his stuff and he's actually pretty damn good.
The thing with Turner is that he always has these extended abdomens, and his faces, while different, are always the same. Big eyes. His work on Supergirl was majestic.

Quote:
I love Morrison and one of the reasons is the reason why a lot of people tend to dislike or even hate him. He embraces and uses material from the 50's/60's stories, or callbacks to events from that era. Some Batman fans like to ignore those decades for being too cheesy but as a long time Batman fan I love all of it. Not everything needs to be dark and gritty, people seem to want to brush those decades worth of comics under the rug but Morrison won't allow it. To that I say,
[Show spoiler]
You know, you'd probably really appreciate (if you haven't already seen it, that is) Grant Morrison: Talking With Gods. It's a DVD and it's absolutely fascinating. You really get into Grant's head. I bet he'd be about the most interesting guy to sit down and have a beer with. I'd just love to listen to him, to hear him think out loud. That's one of my life-long dreams.

OK. I'll stop now.
MOST ANTICIPATED: Knight of Cups, Mockingjay2, Mistress America, Carol, Neon Demon, Personal Shopper, Macbeth, The Lobster, Joy, Steve Jobs, Amy, Dark Places, The Assassin, Southpaw, Sicario

Carli Lloyd For President!!!
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #13566
Expert Member

Feb 2010

New pics from this week's Empire Mag:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/picture...154500433.html
Top movies in my collection:
1. Godfather Trilogy 2.Saving Private Ryan 3.The Last of the Mohicans 4.The Departed 5.The Silence of the Lambs 6.Batman Trilogy 7. Silver Linings Playbook 8.The Unforgiven 9.World War Z 10. The Shawshank Redemption 11. District 9 12. Aliens 13. The Town 14. A History of Violence 15. The Descendants 16.Interstellar
Thanks given by:
Sean B. (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #13567
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii sun View Post
New pics from this week's Empire Mag:

https://games.yahoo.com/news/picture...154500433.html
I think Eisenberg looks totally badass.
MOST ANTICIPATED: Knight of Cups, Mockingjay2, Mistress America, Carol, Neon Demon, Personal Shopper, Macbeth, The Lobster, Joy, Steve Jobs, Amy, Dark Places, The Assassin, Southpaw, Sicario

Carli Lloyd For President!!!
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #13568
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

It's hilarious to me that they basically hired Eisenberg to play a super evil Zuckerberg instead of a mildly evil Zuckerberg. Don't get me wrong, I think it totally works for a 2016 version of Lex, but it's just funny he was basically recruited to do that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
dark knight, man of steel