Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.96
Jupiter Ascending 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
Miracle Mile (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Burnt Offerings (Blu-ray)
$14.49
The Satan Bug (Blu-ray)
$11.49
Orphan Black: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.97
Alfred Hitchcock: The Classic Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Predator Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Oblong Box (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Black Sabbath (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Prime Cut (Blu-ray)
$13.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #481
Special Member

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDragon View Post
It isn't.

90% of the complaints I hear about the Die Hard sequels have nothing to do with the actual quality of the films. It's mostly because they don't conform to what a lot of fans think "a Die Hard movie" Should Be. Same with the recent Star Trek films. Nobody hates Star Trek Into Darkness because they think it's a bad film; they hate it because it violates their idealized version of what they think Star Trek is supposed to be.
Well, that couldn't be more incorrect. Into Darkness was horribly and illogically written. Thats' why I didn't like it, not because it didn't "conform" to anything. And yeah, Die Hard movies SHOULD all take place in one location... that was their "twist" until the god-awful With A Vengeance came along and just re-purported an old spec script that was almost Lethal Weapon 3 or 4.

Although, as movies go, I didn't think Good Day was that bad. At least it was better than With a Vengeance.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #482
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
until the god-awful With A Vengeance came along
Old 07-25-2015, 12:07 PM   #483
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008

Quote:
I didn't think Good Day was that bad. At least it was better than With a Vengeance.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:52 AM   #484
Expert Member

Feb 2015
Tornado Alley
Send a message via AIM to LuckyDragon

Quote:
the god-awful With A Vengeance
Wow. I thought I was the least popular Die Hard fan around here for liking Good Day, but I think you just dethroned me.
Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (07-27-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 06:30 AM   #485
Special Member

Sep 2011
USA

I love all 5 Die Hards. And Into Darkness....
Thanks given by:
LuckyDragon (07-26-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #486

Jan 2015

I thought Live Free or Die Hard was a blast when I saw it in the theater. I have never seen Len Wiseman's Underworld films, but I thought he did a pretty good job directing the action. The camera was actually steady, none of that shaky-cam garbage. And the often maligned jet sequence was so well executed, I couldn't help but enjoy it. Always surprised by the hate for this one.

But I'll never own A Good Day to Die Hard. Badly directed with a flimsy plot built around 3 action set pieces. And that horrid desaturated color, it was just ugly looking. Bruce really walked through this one.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM   #487
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2008
The Southland

Die Hard is simply a cinematic masterpiece! An action film that set a new bar for action hero's and has yet to be dethroned IMO.

Die Hard 2-Die Harder is great popcorn fun offering nothing really new other than changing the setting of the situation.

Die Hard with a Vengeance is a nice direct follow-up to the original and the use of NY as the backdrop anti's up the 'bad day' McClaine keeps having.

Live Free or Die Hard has good moments, but the running around town element has been burned to much since it was so well used in Vengeance. Plus McClaine seems less pissed then he was in the previous entries.

A Good Day to Die Hard is certainly the weakest link to the series and nothing more that a quick cash grab. Everyone can tell Bruce isn't having fun anymore.

Old Habits Die Hard which would be a great title if only they get back to basics or full circle if you will with the character and setting,
Old 07-26-2015, 05:54 PM   #488
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi View Post
I thought Live Free or Die Hard was a blast when I saw it in the theater. I have never seen Len Wiseman's Underworld films, but I thought he did a pretty good job directing the action. The camera was actually steady, none of that shaky-cam garbage. And the often maligned jet sequence was so well executed, I couldn't help but enjoy it. Always surprised by the hate for this one.
It is a good action movie. Willis was really channeling McClane too, and they got the style right in a lot of ways (even if it went a bit over-the-top). It feels like a Die Hard movie to me, which is most important. Good Day does not, and Willis is on auto-pilot.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America