COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Marilyn Monroe: Classic Nine-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$87.78
The Doctor and the Devils (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Defiance: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Halloween: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$109.99
Snowpiercer (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Americano (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Seasons 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$48.78
Congo (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$85.91
Sleepy Hollow: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Fed Up (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Team Hot Wheels: The Origin of Awesome (Blu-ray)
$17.97
The Ring (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Jack Ryan Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.79
The Lost Boys (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.70

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #41
Special Member

Apr 2012
Hawaii

Update.

Quote:
Fans of the EVIL DEAD team will finally be able to complete their disc collections, as the gang’s heretofore hard-to-find black comedy CRIMEWAVE is coming home this spring. We got a couple of exclusive bits of info of what will be coming with it, along with the cover art.

Shout! Factory releases CRIMEWAVE in a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack May 14. The first film by director Sam Raimi and producers Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell, who also has a supporting role as “Renaldo the Heel,” following THE EVIL DEAD, it’s the bizarre story (scripted by Raimi, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen) of a security guard (Reed Birney) framed for murder, who flashes back to his story while sitting in the electric chair. The real killers are a couple of exterminators (Brion James and Paul L. Smith) who double as hitmen, who set out to eliminate the man who hired them and his wife (Louise Lasser). The discs will present the movie in anamorphic 1.78:1 widescreen, with Dolby Digital sound on the DVD and DTS-HD Master Audio on the Blu-ray. Fango got the scoop that special features will include audio commentary by Campbell, plus new interviews with Campbell and others involved with the film; retail price is $26.99, and you can pre-order it here. Look for a retrospective article on CRIMEWAVE with Campbell and Tapert’s comments in Fango #322, on sale next month, along with a vintage interview with co-star James.
http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/ho...ally-hits-disc
Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #42

Jun 2012

I really hope Campbell's commentary will be a brutally honest one. For years Sam, Rob, and Bruce have had nothing positive to say about this movie. Bruce really does show his feelings about it in his book and offers a lot of insight into how a studio can wreck a movie. Of course, all of his commentaries are great.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I just saw on imdb that Crimewave was distributed by Columbia Pictures (now Sony). Does this mean anything in terms of potential Shout Sony acquisitions or was Crimewave one of those messy rights situations where Columbia/Sony just had a temporary deal? Just curious.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #44

Nov 2010
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I just saw on imdb that Crimewave was distributed by Columbia Pictures (now Sony). Does this mean anything in terms of potential Shout Sony acquisitions or was Crimewave one of those messy rights situations where Columbia/Sony just had a temporary deal? Just curious.
If I remember correctly, Crimewave was produced by Empire Pictures. Shout! got alot of their movies. Sony may have been the distributor, but Empire put up the money and held the rights until they went belly up.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #45

Feb 2011

any region B compneys doing this ?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 AM   #46
Blu-ray reviewer

Aug 2009
-

Crimewave Blu-ray Review
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #47
Expert Member

May 2011
Boulder City, Nevada

I liked this since i was a kid and i had it on video for years on a blank tape, it never had a DVD release but i'm glad Shout has done a deal with Sony for this title and giving us the proper treatment on DVD and even better blu-ray.

They did a nice job with the picture and sound with fine extras too, kudos to Shout Factory the greatest independent company ever.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #48
Expert Member

Aug 2010

I noticed this is 3 minutes longer than my charter vhs a few extended scenes that wasn't on my vhs is now on the blu-ray
Old 04-04-2014, 05:59 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

Ordered this. It's a blind buy. I know Sam and Bruce aren't too fond of it. But I love Raimi's films, so I had to buy it to collect my Raimi collection. I hear this movie is quite insane lol. Can't wait to hear Bruce Campbell's audio commentary
Old 04-04-2014, 06:20 PM   #50
Special Member

Nov 2008
Minnesota

I think it's a really entertaining movie. Parts of it drag, but there's a lot of fun comedy in it. Bruce's disliking of it seems to lie in its multi-genre nature and the poor reception based on that, stating it doesn't work, but that's honestly what makes the movie so good and I don't think Bruce should be backing down from that just because it flopped.
"I can't forgive myself for having lied to you. I don't have a degree in biology. Never even finished high school. I haven't read more than two books in my whole life. One, never finished. And the other is the phone book."
Old 04-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #51

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriztoffer Swank View Post
I think it's a really entertaining movie. Parts of it drag, but there's a lot of fun comedy in it. Bruce's disliking of it seems to lie in its multi-genre nature and the poor reception based on that, stating it doesn't work, but that's honestly what makes the movie so good and I don't think Bruce should be backing down from that just because it flopped.
Bruce stated in his autobiography that it was hell working on this movie especially with the actors that were hired. Plus a huge mess with the studio demanding changes and eventually recutting the movie. I still enjoy Crimewave for what it is and am a huge fan of director Sam Raimi.
Old 04-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Germany

How much screentime does Bruce Campbell have?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America