Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Wrong Turn Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.97
Willow (Blu-ray)
$12.36
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$172.59
Nekromantik (Blu-ray)
$20.19
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Friday the 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$75.49
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.98
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Creepshow (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Pumpkinhead (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.94
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Friday the 13th film(s)?
Friday the 13th (1980) 255 24.81%
Friday the 13th Part II 229 22.28%
Friday the 13th Part 3 3D 151 14.69%
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter 338 32.88%
Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning 72 7.00%
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason lives 261 25.39%
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood 101 9.82%
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan 67 6.52%
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday 46 4.47%
Jason X 87 8.46%
Freddy Vs. Jason 109 10.60%
Friday the 13th (2009) 68 6.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1028. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 03:00 AM   #9741
travisbickle travisbickle is offline
Active Member
 
travisbickle's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Florida
232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Honestly, what is the difference? It sounds like it was only gore. Is there anything else?
Yeah, it was ONLY gore...

And it was ONLY one of the best kills in the entire series that got completely neutered (tent scene).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Brett C (Yesterday), diceman89 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:37 AM   #9742
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is online now
Expert Member
 
Vlad Draculi's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
492
Default

Friday the 13th Remake - This was the first true Friday the 13th movie I ever saw and it was pretty good. Now that I have seen the others, I still think this is a good one, certainly better than some of the sequels to the original series, but it is heavily flawed. I do not really like this version of Jason as he seemed to be more Leatherface than Jason, taking hostages and overall, acting more human than anything else. THe guy who also played Jason sucked when it came to movement. On the other hand, there were some pretty cool death scenes, but most of the characters were unlikable, especially Trent, who makes the rich ***** from VII appear lovable. Overall, I'm going to drop this movie down from my original 7/10 from 2009 and move it to a 6/10. It isn't bad by any means, and it is certainly superior to the Halloween and Nightmare remakes, but it still is pretty subpar compared to the best of the series.

And thus brings an end to the entire Friday the 13th series. While it is not my favorite horror franchise, as a whole, the series is subpar, they are still quite enjoyable and there are some truly good movies within.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman89 View Post
It's been a long time since I've seen the unrated cut, so I don't remember exactly, but it seemed like it was a good bit. This is actually one of my favorite movies of the series. I've never understood why it gets so much hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
Yeah, it was ONLY gore...

And it was ONLY one of the best kills in the entire series that got completely neutered (tent scene).
Best kills? This movie has writing that feels like it came from a 12 year old. It throws in this random supernatural element and does not to make us want to believe it is real. I mean, hell, the guy eats Jason's heart and that suddenly makes him Jason? That is just stupid and makes no damn sense. The movie is also boring, has no plot whatsoever, and is just trying to copy other movie plots. Hell, they have the freaking Necronomicon in there, which shows they couldn't come up with their own ideas for the series. Knives turn into ancient sacrificial daggers? Jason is actually some worm creature? There is only so much level of disbelief you can get away with in a single movie and this tries to break them all.

Anyway, I looked at that link provided and oh no, we are missing out on so much because all of that extra nudity adds so much more to the characters.

And sorry, the guy land on the screw and the girl having her face turned to ice and shattered in Jason X are far superior kills to anything in Goes to Hell.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Trav606 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #9743
diceman89 diceman89 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2012
154
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
There is only so much level of disbelief you can get away with in a single movie and this tries to break them all.
Level of disbelief? You've seen the rest of the series, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Anyway, I looked at that link provided and oh no, we are missing out on so much because all of that extra nudity adds so much more to the characters.
This alone tells me that you're probably not the kind of person these movies were made for.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #9744
The Great Owl The Great Owl is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
The Great Owl's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Georgia
774
221
160
1
Default

One more thing to add to my above review of Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives...

The Alice Cooper tunes are quintessential.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Spooked (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM   #9745
Patriot666 Patriot666 is offline
Active Member
 
Patriot666's Avatar
 
Feb 2014
1
370
94
16
Default

My scratched F13th The Final Chapter disc played fine for me last night. Looks like I finally have a keeper! Just didn't want you guys losing sleep worrying about it.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #9746
GaragePoet GaragePoet is online now
Special Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
669
251
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
While it is not my favorite horror franchise, as a whole, the series is subpar, they are still quite enjoyable and there are some truly good movies within.
so what exactly IS your favorite franchise? you've written lengthy diatribes on every one of these movies and the positive things you've noted would barely make up an entire paragraph...
Eat more pussycats.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:20 PM   #9747
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is online now
Expert Member
 
Vlad Draculi's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
so what exactly IS your favorite franchise? you've written lengthy diatribes on every one of these movies and the positive things you've noted would barely make up an entire paragraph...
The fourth one is my favorite (which I clearly stated in my review of it) followed by the original and then the sixth one.

My scores were:

1 - 7/10
2 - 7/10
3 - 4/10
4 - 8/10
5 - 4/10
6 - 7/10
7 - 5/10
8 - 4/10
9 - 1/10
X - 2/10
FvJ - 6/10
Re - 6/10

The FInal Chapter just had some much greatness in it from an incredible Jason to developed characters and concepts. The death scenes were pretty cool, and as horrible as that dance was, it is pretty funny to watch and go "WTF?" I also just really liked the characters in it, especially Trish and Tommy.

Last edited by Vlad Draculi; Yesterday at 03:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:22 PM   #9748
GaragePoet GaragePoet is online now
Special Member
 
GaragePoet's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
San Diego
669
251
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
The fourth one is my favorite (which I clearly stated in my review of it) followed by the original and then the sixth one.
i wasn't asking what your favorite IN the franchise was... you said this wasn't your favorite horror franchise, i was asking which franchise IS your favorite
Eat more pussycats.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jdw89 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #9749
travisbickle travisbickle is offline
Active Member
 
travisbickle's Avatar
 
Sep 2009
Florida
232
Default

$75? Amazon, I KNOW you can do better....

$60, dammit!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Draculi View Post
Best kills? This movie has writing that feels like it came from a 12 year old. It throws in this random supernatural element and does not to make us want to believe it is real. I mean, hell, the guy eats Jason's heart and that suddenly makes him Jason? That is just stupid and makes no damn sense. The movie is also boring, has no plot whatsoever, and is just trying to copy other movie plots. Hell, they have the freaking Necronomicon in there, which shows they couldn't come up with their own ideas for the series. Knives turn into ancient sacrificial daggers? Jason is actually some worm creature? There is only so much level of disbelief you can get away with in a single movie and this tries to break them all.
The movie is definitely one of the weaker films of the franchise, no doubt about it, and that's why it NEEDS the extra gore. The movie is worthless in it's R rated cut, the gore is pretty much all it had going for it.

You said "It's only gore".....Slasher films are all about the gore and nudity!

Quote:
Anyway, I looked at that link provided and oh no, we are missing out on so much because all of that extra nudity adds so much more to the characters.
What diceman said...

Quote:
And sorry, the guy land on the screw and the girl having her face turned to ice and shattered in Jason X are far superior kills to anything in Goes to Hell
Wrong. Tent scene impalement beats them both.
  Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #9750
Dylan34 Dylan34 is offline
Special Member
 
Dylan34's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Houston, TX
245
138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post
$75? Amazon, I KNOW you can do better....

$60, dammit!




The movie is definitely one of the weaker films of the franchise, no doubt about it, and that's why it NEEDS the extra gore. The movie is worthless in it's R rated cut, the gore is pretty much all it had going for it.

You said "It's only gore".....Slasher films are all about the gore and nudity!



What diceman said...

Wrong. Tent scene impalement beats them both.
Oh yeah!!!! The tent scene beats anything in Jason X.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:30 AM   #9751
bipartite bipartite is offline
Member
 
Jan 2008
Default It's a "Halloween Miracle"

Got my Friday the 13th complete Blu-ray set from Best Buy in the mail today corrugated mailing envelope and all. Opened it up fully expecting my tin case to look like Jason had gotten ahold of it. But no! pristine condition first time this has ever happened it's a Halloween Miracle to be sure. Now to open it and make sure there are no scratched discs that I have heard others talk about.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:36 AM   #9752
RandyK RandyK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RandyK's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio
438
67
4
Default

Is there a specific site to redeem the UV code to get the unrated JGTH or will any site work?
"Don't stay up thinking of ways to get rid of me, it makes wrinkles." - Vincent Price (as Frederick Loren)

No raccoons or tree creatures were harmed during the making of this post.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 AM   #9753
Dylan34 Dylan34 is offline
Special Member
 
Dylan34's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
Houston, TX
245
138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipartite View Post
Got my Friday the 13th complete Blu-ray set from Best Buy in the mail today corrugated mailing envelope and all. Opened it up fully expecting my tin case to look like Jason had gotten ahold of it. But no! pristine condition first time this has ever happened it's a Halloween Miracle to be sure. Now to open it and make sure there are no scratched discs that I have heard others talk about.
Well? Any scratched discs?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:14 AM   #9754
JAC805 JAC805 is online now
Junior Member
 
JAC805's Avatar
 
Apr 2011
754
578
Default Part V

So I bought the set wen it came out and Im just getting around to watching them now lol. But I put in Part V/VI disc and it skips right at a double kill It looks like it may be a scratch on the disc Did they have any type disc replacement program? or do I just have to live with it?
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:21 AM   #9755
cuzzin cuzzin is online now
Senior Member
 
cuzzin's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC805 View Post
So I bought the set wen it came out and Im just getting around to watching them now lol. But I put in Part V/VI disc and it skips right at a double kill It looks like it may be a scratch on the disc Did they have any type disc replacement program? or do I just have to live with it?
That same disc skips for me but I really don't see any scratches at all on mine, so I don't know what gives.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #9756
Optimus-Prime-Rox Optimus-Prime-Rox is offline
Special Member
 
Optimus-Prime-Rox's Avatar
 
May 2011
Crossville, TN
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
Is there a specific site to redeem the UV code to get the unrated JGTH or will any site work?
You should be able to redeem the code through Flixster.com or directly through Vudu.com itself to get the unrated JGTH.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:50 AM   #9757
RandyK RandyK is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
RandyK's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio
438
67
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus-Prime-Rox View Post
You should be able to redeem the code through Flixster.com or directly through Vudu.com itself to get the unrated JGTH.
Thanks!
"Don't stay up thinking of ways to get rid of me, it makes wrinkles." - Vincent Price (as Frederick Loren)

No raccoons or tree creatures were harmed during the making of this post.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:11 AM   #9758
bkfountain bkfountain is offline
Active Member
 
bkfountain's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
Greensboro NC
146
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipartite View Post
Got my Friday the 13th complete Blu-ray set from Best Buy in the mail today corrugated mailing envelope and all. Opened it up fully expecting my tin case to look like Jason had gotten ahold of it. But no! pristine condition first time this has ever happened it's a Halloween Miracle to be sure. Now to open it and make sure there are no scratched discs that I have heard others talk about.
just got mine from the best buy sale last week, everything looks great, no scratched discs like I've been reading about. Will catch any flaws pretty quickly since I'll be watching it up to halloween.
  Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:41 AM   #9759
Vlad Draculi Vlad Draculi is online now
Expert Member
 
Vlad Draculi's Avatar
 
Jul 2014
492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
i wasn't asking what your favorite IN the franchise was... you said this wasn't your favorite horror franchise, i was asking which franchise IS your favorite
Halloween unless you count the entire Universal Classic Monsters series as a franchise. If so, then those are first since the main 7 movies are nothing but amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan34 View Post
Well? Any scratched discs?
Can BD dics even get scratched? I'm jut curious as I have never had a single disc scratched.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:27 AM.