COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Hell On Wheels: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Olympus Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Old 05-14-2014, 05:34 AM   #861
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky1975 View Post
BU replied to me directly and said they will not be doing BLU's Of Blind Dead.
Boo!

Hope someone else will pick these up, though I fear they may be too 'small' for anyone to pick up the tab for new HD transfers if the original rights holder is not willing to do them.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Old 05-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #862

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
You may be thinking of the DVD boxset that's being released at the end of July. No Blu-Rays have been announced.

Ugh... I'm gutted. I saw it on their website and assumed it was a blu ray set. That's a shame.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #863
Special Member

Nov 2008
In the Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
Boo!

Hope someone else will pick these up, though I fear they may be too 'small' for anyone to pick up the tab for new HD transfers if the original rights holder is not willing to do them.
HD transfers for the Blind Dead series already exist, crappy DVD sales are what I think hold these back. I would love to see them on BD though.
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (05-14-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #864
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

News to me, but that, at least, gives me some hope that somebody else may take a shot at the series.
Most wanted blu-ray upgrades: Kafka, The Limey, Suspiria (remaster), Castle of Blood, The Horrible Dr. Hichcock, Nosferatu (1979), Blood and Black Lace, Dracula (1979), L'avventura, The Vanishing (1988), Eyes Without a Face, The Changeling (1980), Ringu, Ju-on, Miracle Mile, The Honeymoon Killers, Without Warning, Don't Look Now (remaster), Man Bites Dog, Cannibal Holocaust, Creature (The Titan Find), Irrèversible, The Fearless Vampire Killers, The Black Hole, The Sentinel (1979)
Old 05-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #865
Special Member

Aug 2010

Anyone who tries to release the Blind Dead movies are in a bit of a bind. The Spanish owners want a ton of money for them -- and I think they might only be interested if a package deal is worked out for other Spanish titles too. On top of that, the dvd set that BU released did not do particularly well. I do not know how the individual titles did, but BU has stated for a long time that the boxset just was not successful. I know, as a fan, it's hard to believe. These are great movies. Spooky, gory, corny, very exploitative, but Spanish movies tend to be a hard sell for folks (I guess they can't take them seriously?).
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (05-15-2014), Undeadcow (05-15-2014)
Old 05-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #866
Special Member

Nov 2008
In the Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Thomsen View Post
News to me, but that, at least, gives me some hope that somebody else may take a shot at the series.
The DVD transfers were taken from the HD masters created at that time.
If you look at the back of the coffin set it states,

Blue Underground is proud to present the Definitive Editions of these four long-unseen classics, now fully restored from original vault materials and remastered in heart-stopping High Definition.

These titles were shown on Monsters HD years ago and after seeing them this way, I have wanted a BD release ever since.
Thanks given by:
Mr. Thomsen (05-15-2014)
Old 05-15-2014, 05:36 PM   #867

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
These titles were shown on Monsters HD years ago and after seeing them this way, I have wanted a BD release ever since.
Gosh, what an awesome channel that was. There is no justice in the world.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #868
Special Member

Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgLIS View Post
Gosh, what an awesome channel that was. There is no justice in the world.
Except for when they regularly presented movies in the wrong aspect ratio.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:53 AM   #869

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Except for when they regularly presented movies in the wrong aspect ratio.
Still was awesome for 2004 to see catalog horror films remastered in HD--2 years before Blu-ray even existed--especially since some of those movies have yet to (and may never) make it to BD or any other HD format. Good times.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #870
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgLIS View Post
Still was awesome for 2004 to see catalog horror films remastered in HD--2 years before Blu-ray even existed--especially since some of those movies have yet to (and may never) make it to BD or any other HD format. Good times.
I've got a dozen or so of their broadcasts saved on my hard drive - God bless 'em for giving us HD versions of obscurities like Yog, The Brain Eaters, and Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster (with its catchy if seemingly randomly selected Nuggets-era music; linking it in this sentence converts it to an embedded video, but including the identical link below doesn't, for some reason):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PM5-...ature=youtu.be
Old 05-28-2014, 06:25 AM   #871

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

I Read on another forum (for what that's worth), that the Blind Dead rights have reverted back to the original owners, so BU couldn't unless they made a whole new deal for them, just like any other studio might.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:53 PM   #872
Special Member

Dec 2010
Denmark

Probably not going to happen, if the DVDs sold as bad as bgart13 indicated.

The only hope I see is someone doing a limited BD release at a premium price to recoup the costs. I would be up for it. Now I just need to find another 1499.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #873

Feb 2013
New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Metallix87

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky1975 View Post
BU replied to me directly and said they will not be doing BLU's Of Blind Dead.
FWIW, they replied to me recently and said there's no plans for it currently. It's always a possibility down the road, I suppose.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #874

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallix87 View Post
FWIW, they replied to me recently and said there's no plans for it currently. It's always a possibility down the road, I suppose.
We can but hope!

I emailed them a couple of weeks back if they intended on releasing their Mondo Cane collection on BD's and rather than saying there were no current plans they were a bit more forthright and said that wouldn't happen!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors