COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Inside Llewyn Davis (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hell On Wheels: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Ranma : Set 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.08

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old Yesterday, 04:16 AM   #32321
Power Member

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdrewes View Post
Hm. I'm really curious to see how Man of Steel fares at home. Im sure some of the things that irritated me at the cinema might not be as apparent on my setup, namely the crash zooms and the loud soundtrack.
To be quite honest, the ridiculous attempts at outdoing the last big blockbuster with an even LOUDER soundtrack is one reason I rarely see these things in the theater anymore.

I'm getting older as it is. I don't need HELP in going deaf!
"I'm Alien. My real name is Al, but truth be told, I'm not from this planet."
Thanks given by:
Abdrewes (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:23 AM   #32322

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Tomorrow View Post
If you chose not to engage on an emotional level with the predicament of the lead character in Gravity then it is a pretty pointless film. Judging a film by whatever hyperbolic statements someone else makes is rather pointless too.
I honestly didn't care for her performance or really her whole career. I engaged with Gravity on a filmic level, I was wowed in wondering how it was done (in a computer lol) and that is where Gravity engaged me - I thought the characters were weak.
Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM   #32323
Power Member

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the twists absolutely ruined it.
Really? I thought that was a nice touch. You did see it coming, right?
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM   #32324
Blu-ray Guru

May 2011
Raleigh

Quote:
Hm. I'm really curious to see how Man of Steel fares at home. Im sure some of the things that irritated me at the cinema might not be as apparent on my setup, namely the crash zooms and the loud soundtrack.
The loudness you can do something about, the crash zooms however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
I keep meaning to give it another go...Maybe I will. The script just really left me scratching my head, and I felt like it really undermined the entire film. Maybe, just maybe, at home it's more bearable?
Nah, I still scratch my head. I've watched the film three times, and I still have plenty of issues with the script. But Superman has been my favorite hero since I was a child, so it's really really really hard for me to resist seeing that big S on screen. Even in this unbelievably flawed version.
Set-Up:
Television: Panasonic Viera 50" Plasma TCP50GT50
A/V: Onkyo HT-S5400 7.1-Channel Home Theater
Blu-Ray Player: Playstation 3 40GB System; Xbox One

Last edited by Darth Marcus; Yesterday at 02:32 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #32325
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
There's usually a sign at the box office. And it says "Please, no outside food beyond this point. Thank you"

As long as it's covered and they don't see it. I'm sure it's no problem.

I remember at one movie I went to a person brought fried chicken in. I know that cause I smelled it. Plus they had it in foil, so that was a jot to behold.
fried chicken? Did they at least share? Most theatres I have been to have the no outside food sign but they don't go TSA on you and pat you down. Of course as a guy, it is hard to sneak food into movies during the summer - not a lot of hiding places.

Gina Gershon was sweet but I saw her recently on a show she is on (Cleaners) and she is starting to show her age. Still looks really good though for 52.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #32326
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I didn't like Gravity much for the same reason Louis C.K. bashed the film: Bullock was not a believable character. Neither was Clooney really, but Bullock was worse. They're the top scientists in their field and went through months if not years of training for this experience and then they get up there and act like dumb teenagers from a slasher film.
Wow. Incredibly well said.

Man of Steel, I would give another chance at home, if someone tied me to the couch, Clockwork Orange-ed open my eyes, and turned the movie on. Otherwise, not happening.
I'm the one you should be listening to! Do you think dropping an anchor in the middle of a storm makes any sense whatsoever? -Charles McCullough

I just clicked Show Post so I could see what Troll-istc, inane thing you had to say. You're on my female cleansing product list. -Spottedfeather

A good article: http://old.bfi.org.uk/sightandsound/feature/102
Thanks given by:
StingingVelvet (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #32327
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Aug 2011
(Currently Bangor, PA) But One Day Hopefully Hollywood, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by blonde_devil View Post
fried chicken? Did they at least share? Most theatres I have been to have the no outside food sign but they don't go TSA on you and pat you down. Of course as a guy, it is hard to sneak food into movies during the summer - not a lot of hiding places.

Gina Gershon was sweet but I saw her recently on a show she is on (Cleaners) and she is starting to show her age. Still looks really good though for 52.
Why you wear pants and or shorts with a bunch of pockets. Or even a Hoodie/Windbreaker.
I have a horror script I wrote called "Truth Or Dare" It's very Scream like influenced. If interested in reading it. Please PM me.
My Blu rays for sale Thread

"Sooner or later, I'll do something with my life. And make my mark. But until then, whatever I do is not a waste of time it's all building towards something"

Last edited by Michael Bay Fan; Today at 05:17 AM.
Old Today, 02:21 AM   #32328

Jun 2013
United States

I give Gravity a passing score for the technical achievements and that's it. Some great suspenseful moments but Bullock isn't cool. 3/5. Not a film I can see myself ever wanting to revisit either as seeing it at home would surely lessen the impact even more.

Pretty sure that's unpopular but seems to be not so at least on this most recent page. So there's my two cents on the matter.
#1: Skyfall - 4/17/13 | #50: Drive - 6/26/13 | #100: Gangster Squad - 9/1/13 | #200: The Princess Bride - 6/13/2014
Old Today, 03:21 AM   #32329

Aug 2013
Charleston, SC

Well, the ban has been lifted!

EDIT: Just in time for me to take a four month leave of absence from this forum.

Last edited by JWFORD; Today at 10:55 AM.
Old Today, 04:07 AM   #32330

Oct 2012
Mexico City

Quote:
In the last five years, he has made

Owls of Ga'Hoole
Sucker Punch
Man of Steel.

If you think that puts him up there with the best directors of the last five years, well, that's certainly an unpopular opinion.
Ga'Hoole is pretty damn good IMHO. Man of Steel is soul-less and generic while Sucker Punch is a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal King View Post
Even though I absolutely hate this hyperbolic Showgirls love fest, at least it's in the spirit of the thread.
What you don't like great tits that are really beautiful, love doggy chow, thrusting it to cheesy 90's synth music or enjoy "seizures" during pool sex? For shame.

I love Showgirls, it's the most baffling film I've seen from the 90's.

Last edited by KillerJuan77; Today at 04:12 AM.
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #32331
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Panem
Send a message via AIM to Darth Anakin Send a message via Yahoo to Darth Anakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bay Fan View Post
Why you wear pants and or shorts with a bunch of pockets. Or even a Hoodie/Windbreaker.
I just slip in food I can fit into a baggy and tend to revisit theatres where I can use cups they allow you to get cheap refills in.
Cowboys fan cautiously hoping for the best
My twitter - terribleomens19
Old Today, 06:35 AM   #32332

Jun 2014
Hong Kong

Howard the Duck is not one of the worst movies ever made. In fact, when i saw this for the first time as a kid i liked it alot. Especially during an era when - humans interacting with cartoon characters, a planet of native care bears beating up storm troopers, and time travelling telephone booths were flooding the cinemas, among hundreds of other fantastic and rediculous movies; this movie gets a beating?

Green Lantern & Daredevil are also quite entertaining movies. Sure they aren't Iron Man levels of greatness. But they are defenitely solid and don't deserve the hard critiques people give them. Elektra, Ghost Rider, and those terrible Fantastic Four movies deserve it much much more.

I don't think X2 and The Wolverine are as great as people put it, and I don't think X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X3:The Last Stand are as terrible as people credit it for.

I enjoyed Spiderman 3. No need to back that up.

Last edited by Stanlore; Today at 06:44 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies