Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Hammer Horror Classics, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$38.47
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
The Originals: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
We Are Still Here (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Men in Black 3 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Scorpion: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.95
Sons of Liberty (Blu-ray)
$14.49
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #521
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Yes it was...but pissed me off as well. You want so much more than 13 episodes and a film! That show should have at least ran for 3 years.
Agreed.
"I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot!"

2015 Top 10: 1) Mad Max: Fury Road 2) Inside Out 3) Avengers: Age of Ultron 4) Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation 5) Jurassic World 6) Furious 7 7) Kingsman: The Secret Service 8) Ex Machina 9) It Follows 10) Buzzard
Old 07-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #522
Power Member

Oct 2008
Lake Forest, CA

Well, if 14 episodes and a movie aren't enough, the original cast has reassembled for this:

Call me "Snake..."
Old 07-26-2014, 12:24 AM   #523
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007
Honduras

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSin View Post
Well, if 14 episodes and a movie aren't enough, the original cast has reassembled for this:

Firefly Online Gameplay Trailer #1: If I Were a Captain - YouTube
I saw this. Wasn't impressed. Looked like a Sims game with crap graphics.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 AM   #524

Oct 2012
Auburndale Fl

I heard there was going to be a Firefly game but not what it was but too bad. It would have been better if it was real game on a console like Xbox or Playstation.
Body by Plymouth, Soul by Satan.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #525
Power Member

Dec 2008
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
She is so much sexier in firefly
Absolutely, she was a perfect pick for this role. Her look and sensuality were out of control when she was younger. A true home-wrecker in every sense, able to seduce men and women at a glance I'm not sure what the Shepherd was talking about telling Mal that he would burn in a special kind of hell if he touched her. River is a child...Saffron was in her late 20s. A reasonable lapse in judgment given his circumstances

I also noticed that the episodes seem to be all out of whack, different in disc episode order than broadcast order but I'm not complaining. Obviously a great show. Watched "Out of Gas" last night. Great episode. Lots of tension and a great retrospective on how everyone met. Kaylee getting down and dirty on the floor of the engine room and noticing the problem with the engine and then getting hired. Classic. I'm sure many people on this website will agree that the biggest mistake studio execs ever made was the cancellation of Firefly. Will have to check out the Firefly Online game on a rainy afternoon sometime. Looks like their website has been suspended, though.

LR TV: Samsung UN46B6000 BR TV: Samsung UN32EH5300
LR BD: Sony BDP-S350 BR BD: Sony PS3 120GB
DVR: TiVo TCD652160 HD DVR
HT Audio/Video: Onkyo TX-SR606
Fronts: Polk TSi400s Center: Polk RM8C Surrounds: ADS L570s Sub: MartinLogan 10-Inch Dynamo
BR HT/Mac/CD Audio: Peachtree Audio Nova BR Fronts: Polk R150s
Old 07-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #526

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluLobsta View Post
I also noticed that the episodes seem to be all out of whack, different in disc episode order than broadcast order but I'm not complaining.
Disc order is the order that was intended by the creators, broadcast order was due to interference by FOX executives.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #527
Power Member

Dec 2008
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosifl View Post
Disc order is the order that was intended by the creators, broadcast order was due to interference by FOX executives.
Ah yes, more brilliance by FOX execs. Kinda like a frat house without the beer and girls

Fronts: Polk TSi400s Center: Polk RM8C Surrounds: ADS L570s Sub: MartinLogan 10-Inch Dynamo
Old 07-26-2014, 04:25 PM   #528
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
Just Outside of the Alliance's Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
I saw this. Wasn't impressed. Looked like a Sims game with crap graphics.
Totally. What's up with that? I know traditionally MMO's have crappier graphics to allow for all the players or content (at least I think that's why they all look marginal) but dang, those are TERRIBLE.
"I'll be in my bunk."
Old 08-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #529
Power Member

Dec 2008
Rhode Island

As we all know (?) Joss Whedon has a new biography out with a cool foreword by Nathan Fillion if anyone is interested...

Joss Whedon: The Biography

Old 10-13-2014, 07:32 PM   #530
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I just got this in the Amazon $15 sale. It came today and it has the same cover as the old DVD, with the cast photo. I know it's not a bootleg because I got it from Amazon directly, but what's with the different cover? Did they reissue it with this cover at some point?

I know the cover shown above wasn't a slip, I've held it in my hands several times.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:07 PM   #531
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I just got this in the Amazon $15 sale. It came today and it has the same cover as the old DVD, with the cast photo. I know it's not a bootleg because I got it from Amazon directly, but what's with the different cover? Did they reissue it with this cover at some point?

I know the cover shown above wasn't a slip, I've held it in my hands several times.
Can you post a picture of what you got?
Cop : Just let me handle the questioning, okay? I mean, itís what I do for a living. Thereís gotta be a method to it. Itís psychology. You get him
to lower his guard - one sentence at a time, build a rhythm. Itís a lot like music.
Killer : Break his ****iní legs, heíll give ya a Who concert.

You can only have too much ammo if you're on fire or swimming.

Digital Copies Available. PM Me For A List.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #532
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post

Yes, they have reissued it with a new cover art. The new cover being a duplicate of the old DVD version. You can still find copies of the first print version, but they have issued it with that cover art now.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 PM   #533
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
Yes, they have reissued it with a new cover art. The new cover being a duplicate of the old DVD version. You can still find copies of the first print version, but they have issued it with that cover art now.
Okay, cool. I actually like this cover better, probably.

Memphis, it's literally the old DVD cover on a blu ray, no difference. Imagine a blu ray logo on top of this:

Thanks given by:
Early Memphis (10-13-2014)
Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM   #534
Blu-ray Duke

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

Amazon has this at it's lowest price ever @ $12.99.

It looks like they're price matching Best Buy.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Firefl...s-Blu-ray/815/
Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #535

Dec 2010
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico Darko View Post
I'm in the middle of rewatching the show on blu-ray, and it looks really good. But something with the audio bothers me. I noticed that some of the sounds and noises were exaggerated. I'm not talking about big sound effects but about the little noises, stage sounds like the steps of a character walking, or the rubbing of clothes, but not in a subtle way, I found it as loud as the dialogues at times.
It was most noticeable in "Out of gas", in the first flash back between Mal and Zoe for instance, or when River talks to Book and leaves.

I compared the scenes with my old dvd set and none of these noises/sound effects were present. Maybe it sounds different with a home cinema, I only use my tv's speakers. I'm guessing it's because of the new DTS track, they reworked the mix, but it really bothers me. It doesn't sound very professional, like the balance is wrong. I checked on a different tv, and on my computer, same thing.

Did anyone notice that before ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramis109 View Post
I've watched it a few times and never had that issue. I would say it's your TV speakers/sound processor struggling with downmixing the 5.1 into 2.0.

Just watched Out of Gas again on Blu-Ray, and the audio issue is still there. I checked a BR-rip (mkv) online and the weird noises were there as well, so it's not my copy or my equipment.
Just check the part from 16min20 to 16min45 and you'll hear a weird rubbing sound, and it's not on the dvd, I did the comparison. I noticed similar noise issues several times in that episode and in Objects in Space as well.

I find that very annoying, doesn't it bother anyone else?

Do the people with a sound system hear that noise as well? or is it just when it's played in stereo?
Want a proper release of Buffy on Blu-Ray? : https://www.facebook.com/BuffyHD
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America