Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic World 3D Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$39.49
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Warcraft 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Under the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.00
Journey to Space 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.93
The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.67
Gnomeo & Juliet 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.79
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies

Old 06-02-2016, 05:19 AM   #101

Jun 2014

Just ordered. Couldn't pass it up at $7.80 US (Amazon)
Old 06-02-2016, 06:25 AM   #102
Special Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon1281 View Post
Just ordered. Couldn't pass it up at $7.80 US (Amazon)
Awesome! Enjoy the 3D.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 06-02-2016, 08:45 AM   #103

May 2011

The HK Version is actually the preferred version: It has been specially re-mastered by Tsui Hark for the 3D version.
- The aspect ratio has been opened up completely
- The color grading has been changed/adapted for a better 3D experience through glasses
- It contains the "original" mandarin track

Just wanted to point this out for those who like this film.
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 12:21 PM   #104
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

wonderful, stunning 3D but I find this movie really hard work to get through, like a lot of Asian cinema to be honest. I can never get through it in one sitting and find the plot hard to follow and the multitude of different characters difficult to identify. However the visual presentation is second to none.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore

Best of 2016: Gods of Egypt!
Old 06-02-2016, 03:08 PM   #105
Special Member

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Not sure I'd put that label on all Asian cinema! There are thousands of great Asian movies. From the cinema of Akira Kurosawa and Studio Ghibli in Japan to Wong Kar-wai and Johnnie To in Hong Kong to Bong Joon-ho and Park Chan-wook in Korea, some of the best movies I've ever seen in my life are Asian.

Flying Swords is one of the battiest, most incoherent plots ever in a somewhat critically acclaimed movie. The writing rivals what you'd find in the IMDB bottom 250. The craziness is kind of a Tsui Hark staple, but Young Detective Dee and Tiger Mountain were much more enjoyable story-telling.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 06-02-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 01:12 AM   #106
Blu-ray Champion

Dec 2011
USA

It's an interesting movie and I'm a fan of the action, though I agree, it's best absorbed in smaller viewings if limited on time, as I like to fast forward to the action scenes and the ending. Awesome, strong filmed 3D layers and some pop outs.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:36 AM   #107
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
The Citadel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Not sure I'd put that label on all Asian cinema! There are thousands of great Asian movies. From the cinema of Akira Kurosawa and Studio Ghibli in Japan to Wong Kar-wai and Johnnie To in Hong Kong to Bong Joon-ho and Park Chan-wook in Korea, some of the best movies I've ever seen in my life are Asian.

Flying Swords is one of the battiest, most incoherent plots ever in a somewhat critically acclaimed movie. The writing rivals what you'd find in the IMDB bottom 250. The craziness is kind of a Tsui Hark staple, but Young Detective Dee and Tiger Mountain were much more enjoyable story-telling.
I was only speaking from my own perspective at least. I find the vast majority of Asian cinema pretty hard to digest. I don't like cartoons so I've never watched any Studio Ghibli but I know I would not enjoy them just from the look of them. Kurosawa is really not my thing at all. I think the last Asian movie I really enjoyed was The Good, The Bad, The Weird which I think might be a Korean movie.

That said I do love Casshern and Goemon, both Japanese productions I think.
I am your redeemer, it is by my hand that you will rise from the ashes of this world!!!

PSN ID: levcore

Best of 2016: Gods of Egypt!
Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #108

Nov 2007

Before i go for the US issue of this can someone just confirm about the subtitles. In the UK version the English subs are only with the 'hard of hearing' option. Does the US version have normal English subs option for the Manderin track?
Thanks
Old 06-08-2016, 07:45 AM   #109
Expert Member

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghidorah View Post
In the UK version the English subs are only with the 'hard of hearing' option.
I don't think this is true, there are regular non-HOH subs too.

The English subs in the UK version are formatted to appear within the 3D image but (I guess because they aren't always in the same position) my brain just couldn't handle them, I had to watch the film dubbed.

I've since bought the Limited Edition from Hong Kong so that will be the first time I watch this with subtitles.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:42 PM   #110

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghidorah View Post
Before i go for the US issue of this can someone just confirm about the subtitles. In the UK version the English subs are only with the 'hard of hearing' option. Does the US version have normal English subs option for the Manderin track?
Thanks
The US release has proper subtitles on the 2D disc, but only SDH (hard of hearing) subtitles on the 3D disc. I emailed Indomina Releasing about the problem, but they never responded.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:06 PM   #111

Nov 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigManDeath View Post
The US release has proper subtitles on the 2D disc, but only SDH (hard of hearing) subtitles on the 3D disc. I emailed Indomina Releasing about the problem, but they never responded.
Damn! Thanks for that. Won't get it then. I find the SDH really distracting ( no offense to hard of hearing folk!)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray Movies