Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
West Side Story (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Woodstock: 3 Days of Peace & Music (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Bodacious Space Pirates: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.98
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.99
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Seasons 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$15.95
The Simpsons: The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.96
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.98
Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
A Certain Scientific Railgun: Complete Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Oblivion (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Tim Burton Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.49
Neighbors (Blu-ray)
$16.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #341
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiFiFi1955 View Post
Thank you. I just pulled the trigger.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:05 PM   #342
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Woodridge, IL

Having blind bought this, can I just say what an exhilarating and emotionally consuming drama this was, the double-crosses, this blood shed and historical connotations, the family secrets... I know I will enjoy this more with repeat viewings. Superb transfer!

Fun Fact: I am the same height ( 5'1'') as Carrie Fisher, Jean Harlow, Holly Hunter, Christina Ricci, Emilie De Ravin, Anna Kendrick, Kristen Bell...yes great things do come in small packages :)

TV: Panasonic ST60 60"
Receiver: Sony STRDH830
Speakers: Klipsch HDT1000
Thanks given by:
Mansinthe (09-08-2014), oildude (09-08-2014)
Old 09-07-2014, 11:59 PM   #343

Jul 2014

Flipped a little through Margot last night.
I wasn't very impressed by any of the caps I've seen from this disc, but actually watching it proved to be another revelation (like actually watching Thief or Scanners) The caps make this look wall to wall teal, but it actually has a broader range of hues on display and the tealish cast to many shots is much more subdued or finessed.
It really is a beautiful looking disc.
Thanks given by:
Mansinthe (09-08-2014)
Old 10-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #344
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

NEWS/TRAILER
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15117

Quote:
Cohen Media Group will release on Blu-ray Oscar-winning filmmaker Chuck Workman's documentary What is Cinema? (2013). The release will be available for purchase on November 4th.

Official synopsis: Academy Award-winning filmmaker Chuck Workman's documentary What Is Cinema? tackles the question of its title through over 100 clips and new interviews with Mike Leigh, Jonas Mekas, Yvonne Rainer, David Lynch, video artist Bill Viola, Robert Altman, Kelly Reichardt, Costa-Gavras, Ken Jacobs, Michael Moore, critic J. Hoberman, and others, and with archival interviews from Robert Bresson, Alfred Hitchcock, Chantal Akerman, Akira Kurosawa, Abbas Kiarostami, and more. The film also includes commissioned sequences from experimental artists Lewis Klahr and Phil Solomon. What Is Cinema? not only asks a poignant question, but chronicles the best of filmmaking today and proposes where cinema will go, and should go, in the future.
Pro-B
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #345
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

SUPERB!!

NEWS/TRAILERS
http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15120

Quote:
Cohen Media: Liliana Cavani's The Skin and Cherien Dabis' May in the Summer Heading to Blu-ray

Cohen Media Group will add to its Blu-ray catalog acclaimed Italian director Liliana Cavani's The Skin a.k.a. La Pelle (1981) and Cherien Dabis' May in the Summer (2013). The two releases are scheduled to arrive on the U.S. market on January 13, 2015.

The Skin

Based on the memoirs of author Curzio Malaparte, diplomatic liaison between the Allied and Italian forces after the defeat of the Nazi's in Italy, director Cavani's (The Night Porter) film is an unflinching look the collapse of Italian society under the US occupation and the desperate measures required for survival. An unforgettable and controversial film. Starring Marcello Mastroianni, Claudia Cardinale, Burt Lancaster, Ken Marshall, Alexandra King, and Carlo Giuffrè. Recently restored in 2K.

May in the Summer

From award-winning filmmaker Cherien Dabis who made Amreeka (2009) which world-premiered at the Sundance Film Festival and won the prestigious FIPRESCI award in the Director's Fortnight at Cannes.

High off the success of her first book and planning to marry Ziad, her sensible, stable and studious fiance, May Brennan has it all. At least that's what she'd like people to believe. Reunited with her family in Amman, she's thrust back into the chaos of her former existence. Her headstrong mother Nadine, a born-again Christian disapproves of her Muslim fiance so thoroughly she plans to boycott the wedding. Her younger sisters Dalia and Yasmine behave like her children. And her estranged father Edward is suddenly and suspiciously interested in making amends. As her wedding day looms, May finds herself more and more confronted by the trauma of her parents divorce. And soon, her once carefully structured life spins hopelessly out of control. Starring Bill Pullman, Hiam Abbass, James Garson Chick, and Cherien Dabis.

Pro-B
Old 10-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #346
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

I hope they get around to Railroaded, the Old Dark House and Behind Locked Doors
Thanks given by:
noirjunkie (10-02-2014)
Old 10-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #347
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

The LIberator

Pro-B
Thanks given by:
Donat96 (10-04-2014)
Old 10-19-2014, 03:13 AM   #348
Special Member

Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Sorry if this is old news, but if its not, here is the trailer and poster for the new documentary on Orson Welles by Cohen Media Group:

Trailer: http://www.indiewire.com/embed/playe...0000&width=480

Source: http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsono...d-work-trailer
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. -The Big Lebowski (1998)
Thanks given by:
TJS_Blu (10-19-2014)
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #349
Power Member

Oct 2008

From Variety

Quote:
LYON – In a deal involving two key players in the two key markets for classic film, Charles S. Cohen’s New York-based Cohen Media Group has acquired North American rights to eight films from Gallic mini-major Gaumont for release via the Cohen Film Collection.

The agreement is led by five titles from French master Maurice Pialat, including three Cannes competition players, plus Jean-Luc Godard’s “A Married Woman” and Federico Fellini’s “City of Women.”
Quote:
The agreement takes in five Pialat features, led by 1987’s Cannes Palme d’Or winner, “Under the Sun of Satan,” with Gerard Depardieu and Sandrine Bonnaire, a quintessential Pialat film combining an apparent naturalism that has drawn comparisons with John Cassavetes and large themes: Faith, good and evil.

Two other famed Pialat titles make the deal: Cannes competition player “Loulou,” a tortured love triangle tale with Isabelle Huppert and Depardieu, and “Van Gogh,” a chronicle of the painter’s last days, also selected for Cannes competition.

Pialat’s third feature, 1974’s terminal illness drama “The Mouth Agape,” and 1979’s withering teen life portrait “Get Your Diploma,” also make the deal. Beyond the fiction features, it takes in 2007’s docu-feature “L’Amour Existe” (Love Exists), narrated by Gerard Depardieu and featuring archival interviews with Pialat. Jean-Pierre Devillers and Anne-Marie Faux direct the portrait that takes its title from Pialat’s breakthrough 1960 short.
US/UK films that need to be on blu-ray:The Little Foxes (1941 Wyler), The Court Jester (1955 Frank/Panama), Thunderheart (1992, Apted) , Lone Star (1996, Sayles)

Foreign films that need to be on blu-ray:
Raise The Red Lantern (1991, Zhang), The Best of Youth (2003, Giordana), Still Life (2006, Jia), 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (2007, Mungiu)
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #350
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2008
West Hollywood, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS_Blu View Post
From Variety
Very nice. Cohen Media continues to impress.
Liberté, égalité, fraternité
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #351
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Great news on the Pialats! I hope that their relationship with MoC means that all the MoC extras can be licensed.

I've already got the MoC release of Godard's A Married Woman, so I would have rather Cohen licensed Sauve qui peut (la vie). I'll forgive them though, because their release of Hail Mary is one of the holy grails of my Blu-Ray collection.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors