Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

You Only Live Twice (Blu-ray)
$3.99
1 hr ago
Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Son of Batman (Blu-ray)
$8.00
3 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99

A Good Day to Die Hard (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Prometheus (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 10-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #781

Oct 2011

Here's something to report; you can actually get some of the new restorations right now.

The recent "Santa's Little Helpers" release has six of the cartoons that would have been on Golden Collection V2, and based on the clips WB has put on their YouTube page, they're the new restored transfers.

I guess that's their strategy. Instead of putting the GC out, or withholding it, just dump fistfuls of new transfers onto other discs as bonuses.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #782

Apr 2012

Why don't we tell WB to let the Warner Archive release
the "Tom & Jerry GC: Vol. 2" blu-ray (& dvd) instead!
Old 10-14-2014, 01:07 AM   #783

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyboy85 View Post
Why don't we tell WB to let the Warner Archive release
the "Tom & Jerry GC: Vol. 2" blu-ray (& dvd) instead!
Go ahead and try. We have. Maybe you have the final voice that will convince them.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:33 PM   #784

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
Here's something to report; you can actually get some of the new restorations right now.

The recent "Santa's Little Helpers" release has six of the cartoons that would have been on Golden Collection V2, and based on the clips WB has put on their YouTube page, they're the new restored transfers.

Tom and Jerry: Santa's Little Helpers - Little Runaway - YouTube

I guess that's their strategy. Instead of putting the GC out, or withholding it, just dump fistfuls of new transfers onto other discs as bonuses.
Except... that's a DVD-only release, isn't it?
Old 11-15-2014, 02:57 AM   #785

Nov 2012
USA
Angry

The reason why Warner isn't releasing Volume 2 is not because of negative Amazon reviews, it's not because of racism, it's not because of poor sales, and it's not because of streaming. It's because WB doesn't care about the classic cartoons anymore. All they want to show is Adventure Time, Regular Show, Clarence and the worst of them all, Uncle Grandpa. Basiclly if they aren't gonna release Vol 2 they should give the rights back to MGM. It's their fault they're not releasing the shorts. All this blame on the fans is bull honkey. Someone has got to go up to whoever is responsible for this controversy and ask him/her why they won't release Vol 2. I'm so close to losing my mind.
Everybody to the limit!
-Strong Bad
Old 11-15-2014, 03:18 AM   #786
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009

Actually, I'm pretty sure it had to do with low sales of Volume 1 and the fact many of the buyers complained about the PQ.

I do feel Set 2 should still be released as a Warner Archive title on Blu-ray, though.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:05 AM   #787
Special Member

Jun 2012

Jerry Beck stated on Stu's Show that Warner DOES want to release this set, they want the 2 cartoons included. It's higher-ups that are preventing it from happening.

I just don't see any problem with releasing the set exclusively though the TCM website. It doesn't go to retail, fans will be able to get it, no one complains, everybody wins.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #788

Nov 2014
Angry

Hello there. I actually just joined to be able to post on here about something I doubt has been discussed (maybe because they are more familiar with how my idea won't work or something like that).

What if we all got together and 1-starred WB's top animated series (especially the Looney Tunes ones and the like, but obviously stuff like Adventure Time is gonna get more attention than Looney Tunes at this point) on Amazon letting people know of our grievances with a uniform message showing that we are united in this? I'm not too familiar with Amazon's review rules or whatnot, so I'm just trying to see if there is any way to get them to REALLY pay attention.

Something along the lines of: "We can't recommend this or any animated series a company like Warner Bros has produced because of their inability to stay true to a cancelled/edited volume they have produced and their refusal to continue because of racism in a clearly marked package that is "for the Adult Collector" and "not suitable for children"."

I would write/edit more of that, but it's 5 am and I am kinda crashing here on my keyboard...

If you don't like this idea on their animated series, then what about on WB content that is clearly for "Adult Collectors" (R-rated stuff)?
Old 11-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #789
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

I'm not a fan of posting false reviews to manipulate the situation. You may not support Warner in their decisions, and I don't either, but if a particular release is good, it is wrong to post a poor review of it just to try to force Warner's hand. People rely on other's opinions on products on Amazon, and it's not right to steer them wrong and give a 1-star rating when it may be a great product, just because you don't like Warner.

It wouldn't have any effect anyways. Warner doesn't care about that nonsense.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #790
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Jerry Beck stated on Stu's Show that Warner DOES want to release this set, they want the 2 cartoons included. It's higher-ups that are preventing it from happening.

I just don't see any problem with releasing the set exclusively though the TCM website. It doesn't go to retail, fans will be able to get it, no one complains, everybody wins.
Who is higher up than Warner Bros.? God?
Old 11-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #791

Jul 2011
MN,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
I'm not a fan of posting false reviews to manipulate the situation. You may not support Warner in their decisions, and I don't either, but if a particular release is good, it is wrong to post a poor review of it just to try to force Warner's hand. People rely on other's opinions on products on Amazon, and it's not right to steer them wrong and give a 1-star rating when it may be a great product, just because you don't like Warner.

It wouldn't have any effect anyways. Warner doesn't care about that nonsense.
You're right, a lot of people don't read the reviews, but just look at the star rating. I don't think Amazon would look to kindly on false negative reviews affecting sales on a good product.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #792
Power Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farid View Post
Who is higher up than Warner Bros.? God?
Warner Home Video is a subsidiary of Time Warner. WHV is simply a particular division.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:29 AM   #793

Nov 2014
Angry

The negative review was meant to lead people to believe that if they do that to Tom and Jerry, then what is stopping them from ceasing to produce [x] WB animated series because of something they don't want to hear any complaints about? I know that there won't be too many other things they could release that could get that kind of treatment and cancellation imposed on it (maybe just Looney Tunes), so my idea was pretty much dead in the water even if you agreed with it.

What has everyone else tried? I believe I tried calling them to see who was the highest up the totem pole I could talk to, but I think I kept getting the run around and wound up losing the phone number(s) I used to call Time Warner or wherever I called. I also tried using that contact form that was linked on here a couple of months before they released GC 2, but I'm pretty sure the e-wiped their you-know-what with it...:/.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #794

Apr 2013

It would be nice if we could get a direct number to the person wanting to leave out the cartoons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroXKenkaku View Post
The negative review was meant to lead people to believe that if they do that to Tom and Jerry, then what is stopping them from ceasing to produce [x] WB animated series because of something they don't want to hear any complaints about? I know that there won't be too many other things they could release that could get that kind of treatment and cancellation imposed on it (maybe just Looney Tunes), so my idea was pretty much dead in the water even if you agreed with it.

What has everyone else tried? I believe I tried calling them to see who was the highest up the totem pole I could talk to, but I think I kept getting the run around and wound up losing the phone number(s) I used to call Time Warner or wherever I called. I also tried using that contact form that was linked on here a couple of months before they released GC 2, but I'm pretty sure the e-wiped their you-know-what with it...:/.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #795
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008

Wasn't it a lawyer lady or something? She must be like the 3rd highest ranking person in their organization
Old 11-21-2014, 05:20 PM   #796

Apr 2012

Good News!
ForumDocXV has changed the
"Let Warner Bros. Release Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Vol. 2 Uncut" petition's end date to "07/04/2019",
& the petition will remain open until 07/04/2019 for people to sign it!
Now let's go & unite, never give up, & keep signing this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/548/3...n-vol-2-uncut/
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America