Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Kingpin (Blu-ray)
$14.39
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Welcome to the Space Show (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tommy Boy (Blu-ray)
$4.88
Congo (Blu-ray)
$8.69
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.98
Magic in the Moonlight (Blu-ray)
$22.79
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 10-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #261
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen_Amako View Post
... I have a roommate who changes the picture settings on my plasma while I'm at work so that the contrast and brightness settings are as high as they will go. He says the picture is too dark on normal settings.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #262
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Dayton, OH

The passing of gas.
Strassen in Flammen
Old 10-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #263
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012
Texas

Playing on phone, and then constantly asking me questions about what's going on, or saying something doesn't make sense.

Laughing obnoxiously loud at stuff that isn't meant to be taken funny.

Constantly making jokes

Comes in the living room at the end of a movie and talks/jokes/tries to start a conversation right at the climax (this happened at the end of breaking bad at the compound scene)

These are all my step-son. I usually do my best to just watch movies without him now, or have my wife sit between us at the movie theater, as it's a very annoying experience trying to watch and concentrate while watching anything with him.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:38 AM   #264
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Some one saying something is boring or slow, that I'm enjoying, really grinds my gears.

When I went to Prisoners, last week some one kept laughing, like it was an action comedy, and making jokes to his lady friend throughout the movie. That was annoying.
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned

Last edited by Hucksta G; 10-24-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #265

Sep 2011

I almost had Skyfall ruined for me forever when, upon my first viewing, the guy behind me kept explaining every damn plot point to his girlfriend as if she was some sort of intellectually stunted monkey. I actually came out of the movie not liking it very much as a result. Luckily, I saw it a second time without annoying side commentary, and the movie was much more enjoyable.
My Favorite Movies of 2014 thus far:
1) Noah 2) Locke 3) Gone Girl 4) Joe 5) Edge of Tomorrow
Old 10-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #266
Expert Member

Jul 2010

For me it's the texting at home or in a theater and the constant looking down at the phone as if the world was about to come to an end. Whatever happened to just turning the darn phone off in certain situations so as to not disturb others. We live in a world that is too casual in comparison to when people were taught manners and how to behave in public. I see folks coming out of college and into the work place that have all the talent in the world to do the job but are big fat zeroes when it comes to people skills. They don't even say good morning or excuse me. If you are not in their circle, they don't even acknowledge you.

I haven't heard a phone conversation in a long time since texting became popular but it's the light on the phone that is intruding. As for the theater lunatic who is the only one in the theater that is constantly laughing at any and every thing. They should have sound proof seating areas for those fools. I've been at different movies where people would just constantly laugh. I remember a teenage girl a few years ago who did that. She even laughed when the movie cut to another scene. I will ask for my money back if I am really disturbed. That doesn't get to my wife enough for her to lean over and say something to me but then again, I'm more apt to speak up than her.

Last edited by Jbug; 10-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #267
Special Member

Oct 2009
Albuquerque, NM

Other than other people in general,(talking, texting etc) one thing that I hate is going to see a brand new movie with someone and they keep asking me "what is going to happen?" and "why did they do that?" and "who is that guy?" questions. I just want to scream "I have never seen this before either, shut up and pay attention!" It is the reason I left my first wife and the reason my kids may end up in boarding school soon if they don't reign that crap in. Seriously.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #268
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

the "why/what" question - especially when it is a movie I haven't seen either. it is one thing if it something I have seen before but I hate it when it is a new movie and I get "Why did they do that?" or "what does that mean?" or similar questions. I didn't write the script, I am seeing things the same time as you - why would I know? otherwise, I am good.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #269
Special Member

Sep 2012
Bay Area, CA

Can't stand the stench of cigarette smoke on someone. And it sucks if that someone is sitting nearby.
"I have now come to claim that satisfaction"
Old 10-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #270
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011

Parents who refuse to comfort their children in a movie, or take them out when they start getting scared, or ask them to ask questions in their "indoor voice". I swear to God, for the last FORTY MINUTES of Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2, there was this two-year-old kid a few rows back who was just wailing constantly. I don't care if the movie is rated "G", if your kid is crying and carrying on, either comfort them until they calm down or take them out into the hall until they do.
First, ye rubs something furry t'get a charge...then ye picks yer target...!

Selling 3D discs for The Wolverine and Captain America: The Winter Soldier for $17 combined or for possible trade.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #271
Banned

Jul 2013

Someone who looks through my horror blu rays/dvds and they say they like horror and want to see ____ movie because they heard about it and you know that particular movie the picked is very extreme and you warn them but they insist and then every time something violent happens they guffaw and give you looks as if your sick in the head for having such a movie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies