Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K (Blu-ray)
$149.61
Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Resident Evil: The Final Chapter 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Lucy 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.91
Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Magnificent Seven 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Star Trek Into Darkness 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
The Fifth Element 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Oblivion 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Shallows 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.95
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology

Old 07-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #5121
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpapp25 View Post
I have this player as well as the LG. As far as features and available apps, the Samsung blows the LG out of the water. LG currently has Netflix and Youtube, whereas the Samsung has tons. One downside is that the Vudu app on the Samsung doesn't do UHD. The LG is a bit quieter in regards to disc spin-ups, and the Samsung seems to have a more "drill-like" sound, but it doesn't last forever and usually is only at the start of a disc or when you restart a previously playing video.

Keep on the lookout for sales on this player, especially since the new models are rolling out. You can even check out Best Buy for open box returns, and I've seen the K8500 open box there for $160-180. Overall I'd say its definitely worth it to get one so you can really get the most out of your 4K set.
Is picture quality identical when playing HDR discs?
The world looks better through 4K Oled TV
Old 07-20-2017, 01:43 PM   #5122
Special Member

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven11788 View Post
ok just got the 75 in curved Samsung. Want to get my first 4K player. Is this worth it with out blowing over 200.00
I have the Samsung and replaced it with the LG last week. I absolutely hated the Samsung. Yes, it does have more apps than the LG (for now) and yes, it does have a nicer menu, but I had nothing but problems with that thing. Some discs not playing, weird video artifacts and the biggest issue I've had with it is lipsync issues. And of course the remote is absolutely atrocious.

If you can get the Samsung for a good price, maybe. But its not worth 200+ in my opinion. I paid close to $250 and it was the worst investment ever.
-[GM]-
Old 07-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #5123
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMotion View Post
I have the Samsung and replaced it with the LG last week. I absolutely hated the Samsung. Yes, it does have more apps than the LG (for now) and yes, it does have a nicer menu, but I had nothing but problems with that thing. Some discs not playing, weird video artifacts and the biggest issue I've had with it is lipsync issues. And of course the remote is absolutely atrocious.

If you can get the Samsung for a good price, maybe. But its not worth 200+ in my opinion. I paid close to $250 and it was the worst investment ever.
How's the HDR quality of LG player by comparison?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
The world looks better through 4K Oled TV
Old 07-20-2017, 02:24 PM   #5124
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2010
Miami, FL

For those wondering if you should get it or not. I personally love this player and have never had any issues with any discs (4K, BD and DVD). I just saw the price is now under $200, I believe I paid almost $400 on release date. Definitely a great player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT, TAKE FROM THEM... EVERYTHING!"
Old 07-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #5125
Power Member

Feb 2009
Kingsport, TN

My complaints are minor. It vibrates some with Passengers 4K, but not enough that it bothers me. The living room player locks up with the BD of Terminator 2. The bedroom player, it does not. I don't know why that is. Problem will be solved when the 4K movie comes out.

And yes, the remote sucks. It's too small.

Other than that, it works great.
Happiness is not having to set the alarm for the next day.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:20 PM   #5126
Blu-ray Prince

Aug 2013
Boston,MA.

I have this player and I haven't had a single problem with the player. I did have my first disc freeze on me last while watching Kong. I wiped the disc clean and it played flawlessly for the whole movie. It was the disc at fault, not the player. I paid under $200 for the player last March. I'm happy with it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology