Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, Cheap Blu-ray Movies!
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Phantasm (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$15.99
High Noon (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Krampus (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Phantasm: RaVager (Blu-ray)
$17.99
It (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Labyrinth (Blu-ray)
$52.99
The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (Blu-ray)
$21.49
Jeepers Creepers (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Johnny Guitar (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Deadpool (Blu-ray)
$14.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #581
Expert Member

Jun 2010

Well, this fact is only interesting for those in Germany.
Pete
Old 08-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #582
Expert Member

Jun 2010

Newest info:
The German Deluxe Edition will be the only version worldwide featuring DTS-HDMA 5.1 in English for both Extended and Theatrical versions. Also, the theatrical version will contain the original theatrical stereo mix in DTS-HDMA 2.0.

Unpacking of the Deluxe set:
Pete
Old 08-24-2016, 07:55 AM   #583
Expert Member

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHutt View Post
Newest info:
The German Deluxe Edition will be the only version worldwide featuring DTS-HDMA 5.1 in English for both Extended and Theatrical versions. Also, the theatrical version will contain the original theatrical stereo mix in DTS-HDMA 2.0.

Unpacking of the Deluxe set:
Wir packen die neue "The Blues Brothers Extended Version Deluxe Edition" aus - Unpackingvideo - YouTube
Interesting; I wonder if it's also corrected the editing mistake that was on the US Blu-ray's theatrical version.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:05 AM   #584
Expert Member

Jun 2010

Which was..?
Pete
Old 08-24-2016, 01:09 PM   #585

Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHutt View Post
Which was..?
If it's the mistake I'm thinking of... in the scene just after the church with Jake and Elwood in the Bluesmobile, there's an extra insert shot of the 8-track player that shouldn't be there.

This mistake pre-dates the Blu-Ray since I remember showing the movie to a friend 10 years ago when it aired on one of the HD movie channels and I noticed it instantly. I e-mailed Universal about it when the Blu-Ray was announced but never received a satisfactory answer.

I imagine it's a situation not unlike the repeated shot of Sulu in the new Star Trek II Blu-Ray which Paramount subsequently fixed... the audio is the same so if you're not looking, you'd never notice it.

[sigh] This is why I still have my original Blues Brothers DVD from 1998, autographed by John Landis at the 2005 San Diego Comic-Con. "Scott, drive safely!"
Old 09-08-2016, 11:03 PM   #586

Feb 2009
Switzerland

The new German Blu Ray Set is out now.
Lossless Audio and regraded Extended Scenes for a more dynamic and less flat picture than before.

More Infos with BD Info Scans and Comparison of the extended Scenes between US/UK BD and the new German one here: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=20
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (09-09-2016), The Fallen Deity (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 06:35 AM   #587
Expert Member

Jun 2010

Some photos of the German Deluxe Edition:

The whole photo set is in the gallery.
Pete
Thanks given by:
BNex99 (09-09-2016), schusler (09-10-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 11:19 AM   #588

Jul 2009

Wow, that looks fantastic. If this was released in America, I'd definitely get this. I love this movie, but I refuse to buy such a music-heavy film with a lossy soundtrack. A reissue with lossless and a better transfer would be great; an American version of that deluxe set would be a must-buy.

I'm not getting my hopes up, though.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #589
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Glad the internal art looks more or less "complete" as I gate that comic book Photoshop junk. Will have to import.
DVDTalk Blu-ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 09-09-2016, 05:56 PM   #590

Jun 2016
Chicago

I'm gonna hold out and hope that this eventually gets released over here
Old 09-09-2016, 06:04 PM   #591
Expert Member

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDS View Post
If it's the mistake I'm thinking of... in the scene just after the church with Jake and Elwood in the Bluesmobile, there's an extra insert shot of the 8-track player that shouldn't be there.

This mistake pre-dates the Blu-Ray since I remember showing the movie to a friend 10 years ago when it aired on one of the HD movie channels and I noticed it instantly. I e-mailed Universal about it when the Blu-Ray was announced but never received a satisfactory answer.

I imagine it's a situation not unlike the repeated shot of Sulu in the new Star Trek II Blu-Ray which Paramount subsequently fixed... the audio is the same so if you're not looking, you'd never notice it.
That's the one. Ironically, it's correct on the extended version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDS View Post
[sigh] This is why I still have my original Blues Brothers DVD from 1998, autographed by John Landis at the 2005 San Diego Comic-Con. "Scott, drive safely!"
Well, that edition only had the extended version anyway, and I would imagine it's the autograph more than the correct shot that's kept you from getting rid of it, right?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #592
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
Glad the internal art looks more or less "complete" as I gate that comic book Photoshop junk. Will have to import.
I placed my order today, as I couldn't resist the lure of the theatrical version with the original 2.0 audio AND the extended cut with regraded video (half the ****ing movie looked it came from the roadshow print on the current Blu, so watching the extended cut was always a bit more distracting than it should've been). Eeeeek!

Last edited by Geoff D; 09-09-2016 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:47 PM   #593
Expert Member

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Got my order in today, as I couldn't resist the lure of the theatrical version with the original 2.0 audio AND the extended cut with regraded video (half the ****ing movie looked it came from the roadshow print on the current Blu, so watching the extended cut was always a bit more distracting than it should've been). Eeeeek!
Out of sheer OCD curiosity, does the theatrical cut still have that editing glitch just after the James Brown scene?
Old 09-09-2016, 09:48 PM   #594
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
The Land Of The Scots

I so need this for the original 2.0 audio and the regraded extended cut.
Normal is boring

Last edited by The Fallen Deity; 09-09-2016 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #595
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNex99 View Post
Out of sheer OCD curiosity, does the theatrical cut still have that editing glitch just after the James Brown scene?
I'll let you know when I get it, though others reading this thread who've already got it could probably enlighten you a lot quicker.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:51 PM   #596
Expert Member

Sep 2014

Quote:
I'll let you know when I get it, though others reading this thread who've already got it could probably enlighten you a lot quicker.
Sorry; I misread your post and thought you already had it.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 11:09 PM   #597

Feb 2009
Switzerland

Quote:
AND the extended cut with regraded video (half the ****ing movie looked it came from the roadshow print on the current Blu, so watching the extended cut was always a bit more distracting than it should've been). Eeeeek!
Yeah its cool that they regraded the scenes. i really like this special effort. But as you can see in my comparison in the German Thread: You cant make them look fresh. You can still see the differences versus the theatrical cut scenes. So the Extended inserts still are clearly visible while watching the movie. Its just not that flat anymore for most of the time. You can see that in the comparison.
A Fresh scan of the Extended Scenes is required to make them really look miles better.
I hope Universal will provide that with a 4K Restauration.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:24 PM   #598
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissHD View Post
Yeah its cool that they regraded the scenes. i really like this special effort. But as you can see in my comparison in the German Thread: You cant make them look fresh. You can still see the differences versus the theatrical cut scenes. So the Extended inserts still are clearly visible while watching the movie. Its just not that flat anymore for most of the time. You can see that in the comparison.
A Fresh scan of the Extended Scenes is required to make them really look miles better.
I hope Universal will provide that with a 4K Restauration.
Yeah I get that, but it was the horribly flat contrast which pissed me off more than anything about those scenes in the current Blu, and now that they've been regraded at least that's good enough for me.

We're 4 years away from the 40th anniversary (Christ, I feel old) so Universal may well do something special for that but until then, this Deutsch set will be MINE.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #599
Expert Member

Jun 2010

It's funny when in the disc introduction John Landis does like:
"Welcome to the *looking down to a paper sheet* the German Extended Edition"
Pete
Old 09-13-2016, 04:27 PM   #600
Expert Member

Jun 2010

Screen comparison for the German vs US version:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?d1=8826&c=2901
Pete
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (09-13-2016), ThisKid (09-14-2016)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America