Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.90
Lady Bird (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$34.99
The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
NFL Super Bowl 52 Champions (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$7.88
10 Things I Hate About You (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Post (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Doctor Who: The Complete Peter Capaldi Years (Blu-ray)
$79.99
The Passion of Joan of Arc (Blu-ray)
$19.80
Warcraft (Blu-ray)
$5.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 01-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #121
Expert Member

May 2016
Australia

Placed an order two or three days ago, which still hasn't shipped despite everything being in stock. So I got in touch and asked what was going on:
Quote:
Greetings from Amazon.co.uk.

As per our chat conversation, I've checked your order # and I can confirm that it's already entered the shipping process.

We'll dispatch your Scheduled Delivery by a next day service, usually 1 business day prior to your estimated delivery date.

We still expect to deliver your order by the date listed in Your Account: Monday, 22 January 2018 - Thursday, 25 January 2018 on guaranteed delivery date.
So...they're going to sit on my package for the best part of a month, then ship it in one business day from the other side of the world. WTF?
Old 01-05-2018, 09:53 PM   #122
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
WTF?
WTF and Amazon are synonymous at the moment !!

WTF - They cancel our US copies of THE APARTMENT... and WTF they are now back available !!

WTF - They keep sending me out emails with 'codes' to for password assistance... when they went requested

Amazon.... fast becoming a 'ghetto of responsibility' in customer service
Old 01-06-2018, 02:30 AM   #123
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by shireguy View Post
yep........

anyway.... me thinks that the PCs here at this office might not be so 'clean'.
Corr Blimey, that's trusting. I don't do anything out of my home P.C's, I'd grab a new email addy .
My Movies of 2017

Bladerunner 2049.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Ghost In The Shell
Dunkirk
Valerian
Old 01-06-2018, 02:40 AM   #124
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Rouge View Post
Corr Blimey, that's trusting. I don't do anything out of my home P.C's, I'd grab a new email addy .
did that - but still getting the 'password assistance' emails from Amazon - they just can't get to do anything further though.....

there must be just a 'bot that is trawling thru Amazon accounts and generating these emails and hoping to get lucky.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #125
Expert Member

May 2016
Australia

Quote:
Placed an order two or three days ago, which still hasn't shipped despite everything being in stock. So I got in touch and asked what was going on:

So...they're going to sit on my package for the best part of a month, then ship it in one business day from the other side of the world. WTF?
Still hasn't shipped, and customer service is still saying they have to hold onto it to make sure it doesn't show up too early. Seriously.

But it'll definitely dispatch within the next 24-48 hours. The same thing I was told a week ago.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:03 PM   #126
Expert Member

May 2016
Australia

It shipped!

Via Asendia.

FFS.
Thanks given by:
Caustic (01-09-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 12:40 AM   #127
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

geessh..... AMAZON UK ....... get someone other than Amarex...

Now expected 13 January - 31 January
We're sorry your package is late
We don’t have a new delivery date, but we recommend waiting as it’ll usually arrive within a few days.
Please come back on 1 February if you still don't have it and we'll help you out.
Was expected Friday, 12 January

E
D
I
T

NO - your package was DAMAGED - AND THROWN AROUND.... where has it been since Dec 29 ?? arrived today....18 Jan...

and Aust Post had to send it wrapped in plastic - and with a bit of a wrapping and sorry letter... this is the worst I've ever received anything...

outside the plastic wrap

my parcel included THE APARTMENT.... and if you have been following the saga.... I got mine cancelled from Amazon US when it was cheap, and reordered it from UK - and was worried that it wouldn't turn up... at all.... but this takes the cake

THANK YOU ARAMEX ... not

Last edited by shireguy; 01-19-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #128

Dec 2012

Had my Female Prisoner Scorpion set sent from Amazon UK - Royal Mail - on 30th November. Arrived last week in a box sent through the wringer.

I could understand Xmas deliveries, and Australia Post contributing, but at worst it has only been 2 weeks delivery for me.

At least the contents made it to me unscathed....
Old 01-20-2018, 06:19 AM   #129
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Quote:
It shipped!

Via Asendia.

FFS.

looks like they have gone back to ASENIDA... as per an email today from them...... NO tracking.. nothing.... but that the alternatives were better.

however given my ARAMEX 'experience'......... honestly.... !!!!
Old 01-20-2018, 06:50 AM   #130

Sep 2011

Better off paying extra postage for faster delivery and avoiding those hopeless cheap carriers. That's what I do these days after growing tired of Amazon UK's insistence on using them. It hurts a bit to have to do it, but its better than not knowing when parcels are gonna arrive... If at all.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:24 PM   #131

Jan 2018
Adelaide

My last 8 orders for 2017 were sent via Aramex. This year my first 2 orders were sent by the (very slow) Asendia.

Has anyone in Australia been sent a package this year via Aramex or have AmazonUK stopped using them for our deliveries and reverted back to Asendia?
Old 01-25-2018, 02:31 AM   #132
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solent View Post
My last 8 orders for 2017 were sent via Aramex. This year my first 2 orders were sent by the (very slow) Asendia.

Has anyone in Australia been sent a package this year via Aramex or have AmazonUK stopped using them for our deliveries and reverted back to Asendia?

both parcels in last two weeks have been by ASCENDIA.... so it's going to take a lonngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg while.

Looks like ARAMEX has been given the flick, or given a parcel a few weeks ago, the dump.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:05 AM   #133

Jan 2018
Adelaide

I got a reply from Amazon who confirmed that Aramex are still being used for Australian shipments. My theory is that preorders originating in the UK are more likely to ship tracked (Aramex) than orders of already released items. Both my recent orders were already released and one of them was a studio canal blu which probably shipped from a European fufillment centre. (My credit card showed a Brussels Amazon location name). Since Asendia is a Franco-Swiss service one can only expect the worse. Deutsche Post was even worse if my memory serves.

Arrow sent me the ROHMER BOX via whistl. It took 28 days to get to Adelaide. On the package I noticed the dreaded word “Asendia” as well as Whistl. This means my package spent a fortnight holidaying in Europe before flying south.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #134
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2014
Australia

Quote:

My last parcel was from Aramex, I ordered it on the 4th of Januray and arrived earlier this week
Old 01-25-2018, 07:05 AM   #135
Expert Member

May 2016
Australia

My order just arrived, exactly on the estimated arrival date.

Giant chunk missing from one of the cases, though.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:48 PM   #136
Expert Member

Oct 2016
New Zealand

just ordered several Blu-rays from AmazonUK yesterday. Will be interested to see how it goes, it's the first big order I've made with them in a while.

should note that in all my years of using Amazon I've never had any package not show up. They all got to me eventually. Sometimes overdue. Sometimes with a little damage, but that's rare. The only really bad experience I had was with an Amazon Spain order last year that initially got sent to New Caledonia instead of New Zealand. Showed up several weeks late with severe external water damage to the packaging (contents were fine). Also had a whole lot of postage stickers and whatnot letting me know it had been rerouted. But for all that, it did reach me in the end.

still, lot of negativity going around about AmazonUK's shipping recently. So fingers crossed nothing happens to my order and it arrives in a timely manner...
too many games that I can't play
too many windmills in my way
Old 01-26-2018, 04:03 AM   #137

Jan 2018
Adelaide

Interesting to know that you have never lost a package. I too, in well over a decade of shopping, have never lost a package. My record waiting time is 34 days last year for a Velvet Underground CD sent by Asendia. A replacement was sent priority as compensation which I received earlier, but the original did eventually turn up as well. Amazon do have good customer service. Many is the time they have compensated me with shipping refunds, priority upgrades and replacements (even a replacement for a replacement once).
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (02-10-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 11:51 PM   #138

Sep 2011

Quote:
Interesting to know that you have never lost a package. I too, in well over a decade of shopping, have never lost a package. My record waiting time is 34 days last year for a Velvet Underground CD sent by Asendia. A replacement was sent priority as compensation which I received earlier, but the original did eventually turn up as well. Amazon do have good customer service. Many is the time they have compensated me with shipping refunds, priority upgrades and replacements (even a replacement for a replacement once).
Ditto all that. However, for the first time ever, I did have a couple of things from Amazon UK not appear, but that turned out to be yet another blunder by Australia Post. But lately, there have been interminable waiting times because of Amazon UK's insistence on using poor carriers for standard mail. Once upon a time, items from them would turn up in week. To get that service now, I fork out a few bob more in order to avoid the Asendias and their like. That's the only way to receive things faster and seemingly safer.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:55 PM   #139

Nov 2010
Australia

Aramex are shit. I pay for faster shipping personally. Haven't had a problem since.
DISPLAY(S): Sony 75" X8500 4K HDR / BenQ W1070 Projector / Herma 140 Inch Screen. AMPLIFICATION: 7.1 Onkyo TX-NR838 Dolby ATMOS 5.1.2/True HD/dts-MA/DD Plus/Dolby-EX/ Dolby PLIIx/DTS-ES/DTS NEO:6/DTS96-24 PLAYERS: Sony UXP-X800 4K, Panasonic DMR-BWT740 BD-R [B/4], Sony BDP-S470 BD [A/1], PS3/PS4 [B/4] XBOX ONE [B/4] SPEAKERS: Klipsch Synergy F3 Fronts + C3 Centre + 2x S3 Surrounds + 2x S3 Surround Back + Sub-12 System + Onkyo SKH-410 Atmos.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:29 AM   #140
Expert Member

May 2013

My order of Good Time & Blue Collar arrived a day earlier than expected. I haven't been having problems lately, hope it continues (cross fingers).
Release me now on Blu Ray: The Music Lovers (1970), The Devils - Director's Cut (1971), Savage Messiah (1972), Andy Warhol's Bad (1977), Looking for Mr. Goodbar (1977), Providence (1977), Stevie (1978), Promises in the Dark (1979), When You Comin' Back Red Ryder (1979), Yanks (1979), Personal Best (1982), The Keep (1983), Star 80 (1983), Gaby (1987), The Witches (1990), Smoking/No Smoking (1993) & the entire filmographies of Aleksey Balabanov, Paul Cox, Derek Jarman & Rosa von Praunheim.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia