Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: The Long Riders (Special Edition) ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Batman Ninja (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Fifty Shades Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99

The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22

Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

The Matrix Reloaded 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
6 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99

I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Strike Back: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$23.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 07-06-2014, 03:31 AM   #21
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

you can add KLONDIKE to another title not to get an Oz Blu release.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Klondike-Blu-ray/99036/
Old 07-06-2014, 05:22 AM   #22
Special Member

Aug 2013
Australia

why do we always get shafted here?
Old 07-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #23

Jul 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Modern Family Season 5 won't be released on Blu-ray here. Sanity told me it will be an DVD only release... fingers crossed for a JB Exclusive or something but I doubt it. Oh well thank god for Amazon
Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quickly skimmed through this thread, but didn't see any mention of the fact that South Park S14, 15 & 16 have been released on DVD only.
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #25

Aug 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

The season 2 release of The Doctor Blake Mysteries is DVD only, after season 1 been released on Blu-Ray too. Unfortunately no other region is releasing the series on Blu-Ray either.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #26

Nov 2012

One of the unsuggested reasons there is such a lag on TV series here is that local distributors can't piece meal the BR content the same way they have with DVD.

I look at the amount of Season X Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 etc etc kind of thing at retail with a lot of the DVD content and shudder. That's not the customer that has asked for it, it's the distributor who does it to get higher returns in revenue.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #27
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

add another title not to get a local Blu release....

IN THE FLESH

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/In-the...Blu-ray/96346/
Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #28
Special Member

Jun 2013

Is season 7 of Californication going to get released on blu-ray or is it DVD only?
Old 08-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Here's a shock: We were first to get the Sopranos! Thanks Cev.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #30

Jul 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Bates Motel is coming out November 27th (Finally)

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/22..._Motel_S1_Ma15

But of course this is announced just after I get back from America and buy it there.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:57 PM   #31

Jun 2012
Sydney Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph_m View Post
Yet another delayed TV show Bates Motel season 1 which is released a year after the UK/US release. By the time this gets released locally you can buy season 2 or a cheaper season 1 & 2 box set elsewhere.

Same with Sons of Anarchy season 5 which has only just got a local release last month. It had already been out almost a year overseas and season 6 has already been released. Where as locally we only just got season 5.

No wonder people buy overseas with all these delays in releasing shows. Especially since they are much cheaper and some shows don't eve get local releases on Blu-ray anymore. Just low quality DVD.

Last edited by g12345567; 08-26-2014 at 11:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #32
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph_m View Post

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/22..._Motel_S1_Ma15

But of course this is announced just after I get back from America and buy it there.
I grabbed the US (region free) release of this series and have just finished watching it. Very good show with excellent picture and sound quality.
2013 Panasonic VT 60 55" Plasma AVR Denon3808
Polk Audio RTI8B floorstander front and rear speakers
Polk Audio TSI 300 floorstanding rear center speakers
Polk Audio CSI3B center speaker
Polk Audio DSW Pro 660I powered sub woofer.
Oppo BDP 93 blu ray player - region free.
View my 4 sale thread here http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=248809
Old 08-27-2014, 07:13 AM   #33
Power Member

Jul 2012

I see I am not alone in my disappointment.

I have imported Klondike. Got Bates Motel S1 from the US. Funny that November 27 is the release date for here. Bates S2 comes out Oct 7 in the US!

And Yes. Californication is another to get BD releases then (like Weeds, Eastbound & Down, Veep) miss out on further BD releases.

I might be reiterating, but with Eastbound S1-3, Weeds S1-6 & Californication S1-6… To not get the last season on BD is a travesty (last 2 with Weeds).

I can't believe Modern Family won't get a BD release. I have the first four and would import from the UK should we get screwed on a S5 BD release… But it seems that Fox has decided to only release a DVD worldwide (No UK or US release). Bad choice Fox. (Been waiting for Family Guy to come out on BD in the future).

BD on TV is just as important as cinema. I hate PAL speed-up so much. The Simpsons opening sounds way too fast for me now and Rick Grimes voice sounds so tinny when watching The Walking Dead on Foxtel.

PLUS: I have purchased (and recommend) South Park on BD from the US. (Only got S12 & S13 here).
S14 US BD contains the infamous "200" & "201" that had a certain religious icon censored (we all know who). DVDs outside the US do not have those two episodes, as they we're so controversial.

South Park looks great on BD. No annoying digital artefacts that plague the DVDs. Plus Dolby True HD 5.1 tracks are awesome...
For anyone interested, Sep 10 for South Park S17.

Oh and one last thing (off topic), but since I touched on censorship (and I am a rabid Walking Dead fan): Own a copy of The Walking Dead Season 1 on BD? It is censored!
Only US and Canada (Region A locked) BDs were uncensored. Want an uncensored BD Region B copy. The only place you will find it is here:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Wa...Blu-ray/71528/
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death.

Streaming sucks!

With Film & TV on Blu-Ray, you own it... With streaming, your just renting.

Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 09-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #34

Sep 2014

I'm disapointed they never brought the complete series of Prison Break to Australia when its been available in the UK for a couple years now.

Can't seem to find Lost in local stores anymore either.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #35
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Of what I've seen of it so far, I'd recommend the Australian and/or New Zealand Blu-ray (Region B) release of the first season of Rectify (was thinking I'd asked about the Blu-ray release in the wrong thread (I'd asked about the set on the first page of this thread). I'm hoping the second season gets an Australian and/or New Zealand Blu-ray release (the show has been renewed for a third season).

The first two series of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries have been released on Blu-ray in the US, but I'd also read that there was an Australian Blu-ray release. There is a Blu-ray.com user review for both releases, however, I wanted to ask in this thread if anyone else has these two Blu-ray releases and if there are any compression problems (the first series is apparently on two discs, and the second series is on three discs).
Film holy grail titles: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Coda, Death Carries a Cane, Death Steps in the Dark, Death Will Have Your Eyes, Edge of the Axe, Killer Without a Face, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Next of Kin, The Night Brings Charlie, Phobia, Puzzle, Too Scared to Scream

TV holy grail titles: Bosch, Cardinal, Falcon Crest: Season 4, The Hitchhiker, Knots Landing, Lady Blue, Leg Work, A Man Called Hawk, Midnight Caller, Freddy's Nightmares, Red Shoe Diaries, Stranger Things
Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM   #36
Power Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
I'm disapointed they never brought the complete series of Prison Break to Australia when its been available in the UK for a couple years now.

Can't seem to find Lost in local stores anymore either.
Picked up Lost S1-6 a couple of years ago from JB when they were down to $39 each. Even back then had to go to 3 different stores to complete the collection.

Best bet is to check out Amazon UK for a Complete Series box set… Dirt cheap and fantastic PQ/AQ (even by today's standards).

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lost-T...Blu-ray/14433/

WARNING: Avoid Region B copies of Deadwood S1,2,3 and Deadwood Complete Series (audio compression issues causing echoing on some HTS). Might have something to do with the entire series costing only $60. Best bet, buying Multi OR Region A player, purchase US copy… Bit more expensive, but there is no substitute for quality.

For those who love TV on BD: Invest in a Multi or Region A player now to have access to BD TV Aussie distributors refuse to give us or wait up to a year for a release!

Streaming sucks!

Old 11-13-2014, 03:57 AM   #37

Jun 2012
Sydney Australia

Its a shame BONES series 8 and 9 don't get a local release on blu-ray only DVD.

I have already purchased series 4 - 7 on blu-ray for $19.98 each during JB's 20% off sale. That being the cheapest in the world at the moment.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:55 AM   #38
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12345567 View Post
Its a shame BONES series 8 and 9 don't get a local release on blu-ray only DVD.

I have already purchased series 4 - 7 on blu-ray for $19.98 each during JB's 20% off sale. That being the cheapest in the world at the moment.
I believe Bones has only been released on BD up to S8 which came out last year in US, Canada and UK

The S9 release which should have come out last month was pulled in all three countries as part of Fox's policy of no longer releasing TV shows on BD unless the show is a very big seller on BD and one they release globally on BD. Unfortunately they only released Bones on BD in selected countries. So from S9 its DVD only worldwide. There is a long thread discussing this new Fox policy in the US sub forum here.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #39
Power Member

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcy30 View Post
I believe Bones has only been released on BD up to S8 which came out last year in US, Canada and UK

The S9 release which should have come out last month was pulled in all three countries as part of Fox's policy of no longer releasing TV shows on BD unless the show is a very big seller on BD and one they release globally on BD. Unfortunately they only released Bones on BD in selected countries. So from S9 its DVD only worldwide. There is a long thread discussing this new Fox policy in the US sub forum here.
Yeah. What is up with that. (Refusing to purchase Modern Family S5). Was hoping Fox would eventually release Family Guy on BD, fat chance that will happen now.
Very glad they are stilling releasing The Simpsons S17 on BD this December in Australia… The UK has never had a BD release.
Hope Fox continues releasing The Bridge and Justified (FX programs) on BD. Note: The Bridge has a US release only (but plays on Region B).

Speaking of Fox programs, The Following S2, for some unknown reason, perhaps a network (Channel 9) taking it's sweet time to air the show has had it's release pushed back...

From a November release…

To March…

Then to June! WTF!

UK and 5 other EU countries have had November releases and another country gets it in January.
It is beyond a joke. Might just buy from Amazon UK than wait the 8 months. Another travesty for TV on BD here.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Fo...lu-ray/111739/

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/2276787/Following_S2

Streaming sucks!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:21 AM   #40
Power Member

Jul 2012

Here are some great examples of PAL speedup (NTSC-PAL) for TV shows (The Simpsons tune is the best example, Aussie PAL version sounds so much quicker):
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/palspeedup/index.html

PAL speedup is one of the best reasons to purchase BD copies for TV programs from the US vs. buying the Aussie PAL DVDs… Quite simply, you get to watch the show at the speed it was filmed at. (In fact, having 24fps on BD is a great reason to purchase films on BD too!).

Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are two shows I watch on Foxtel here first.
You notice that the themes are way faster on Aussie PAL broadcasts, then when you watch it on BD.
The pitch of all the characters are way higher (eg. Rick Grimes' voice sounds "tinny" on FX vs. the BD transfer and The Hounds voice does not sound as gruff and deep as it actually is).

Streaming sucks!

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia