Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Lifeboat $13.72 (9 mins left)

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Flash: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Tenth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Sherlock: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Transformers: The Last Knight 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Gotham: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Annabelle: Creation (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Beguiled (Blu-ray)
$6.49
Blade Runner 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

Old 04-19-2017, 11:16 PM   #64901
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by megafan2000 View Post
And from the looks of it, none of them will ever get them.
Finn Balor will get a Universal title match down the line, but guess what'll happen? He'll have to earn one.

Just like how Brock earned his WM33 match. Or Rollins his SummerSlam 2016 match. Oh wait.....
Thanks given by:
Jennifer Lawrence Fan (04-19-2017), megafan2000 (04-20-2017), SixSpeedSamurai (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 02:10 AM   #64902
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2010
Florida

Fun steel cage match on NXT. Perfect ending for Dillinger and that feud.
"If a beautiful woman cries and no one hears it, did she waste $700 on crying lessons at Adrien Brody's unaccredited acting school?"

10 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) The Matrix 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Thing 10) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Old 04-20-2017, 02:50 AM   #64903
Expert Member

Mar 2016

I wish it was Monday already. Can't wait me and my nephew started in his signs that he wants to do.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #64904
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan View Post
Finn Balor will get a Universal title match down the line, but guess what'll happen? He'll have to earn one.

Just like how Brock earned his WM33 match. Or Rollins his SummerSlam 2016 match. Oh wait.....
To be fair, Balor appears to be made of glass, so at this rate he'll never be in title picture again and will become another Hideo Itami. Itami ironically was the one who broke Dash's jaw, so not only can Itami not keep himself safe but he can't keep others safe either. I honestly can't stand Balor's booking and over reliance on his demon gimmick so I really don't mind if he's now trapped in the midcard for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #64905
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quote:
The difference is they were built up and presently or fresh off successful in the midcard, tag team and WWECW respectively so they each had some level of credibility before being thrust into the main event picture their first time around. Until last night Jinder Mahal had won 2 singles matches on television in the 6 months since his return to WWE. Not to mention he got destroyed by Mojo literally 7 days ago. That would be like the Knicks playing the Warriors in the Finals this year. Sure it would be interesting and something strange could happen but these 2 teams are not even in the same league at the moment.
You're asking consistency from the creative team? LOL. They don't care, but maybe they'll have balls for a change like they should've done with Muhammad Hassan winning the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam 2005. Jinder Mahal has great potential and I hope WWE gives him the ball.

Quote:
Another fun fact: None of the former Universal Champions since August 2016 have been given their rematch yet. Unbelievable.
I appreciate them changing it up. It shouldn't always be a guarantee.
Instagram: wwehistorian
Thanks given by:
Hubunkey (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 09:46 AM   #64906
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

Not a lot to say about this weeks NXT, it was very much a transitional episode and I honestly don’t much care about the idea of a Itami/Roode feud but I am excited for Bate/Gallagher next week.

This episode of course though did have the steel cage match which marks the end of the Sanity feud and Dillinger’s time in NXT. That video package made the feud look a lot better than it actually was but luckily the match to send this all of was actually awesome. While I’m sure both were just happy accidents and aren’t reflective on change in WWE, these last two weeks have reminded us how much a little bit of claret can make a good match into a GREAT match.

Last week Orcan and McIntyre worked a wonderfully stiff, back and forth, slobberknocker but it was basically just a contextless exhibition match at the end of the day until McIntyre left Orcan a broken, bloody, heap on the floor and suddenly the whole damn game changed. McIntyre has a arrived, mother****ers.

And the same can be said for this match, too. Like the Joe/Balor cage match, Dillingr/Young had far too many escape attempts, after months of fiery build they finally got themselves locked into a cage. No breathing space, no interference. You think it’d be an all out war to settle the score which neither match delivered in execution.

Or at least Dillinger/Young didn’t deliver that until Young stood atop the cage, his face a claret mask, he could escape but he launched himself once more into the fray with that hellacious elbow drop and I was all in at that point. The symbolism that followed with Sanity being locked away, a bloodied Young contrasted to Dillinger raised high celebrating with the 10 Chants… just hell ****ing yeah. Thank you Dillinger.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:53 PM   #64907
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzamorg View Post
New SDL. While Raw is better off with Alexa Bliss than SDL is with Charlotte, Charlotte’s cleavage deserves many points.

It was weird for a number one contenders match to be so early in the show, wasn’t this the first match of the night? It also looked like a bit of a jobber royal on paper and doesn’t this basically confirm even more than it already has that Orton is going over at Payback? Or are they gearing up for an even bigger swerve? If so, this is all pointless…

Regardless, in execution and regardless of the placement on the card whatever happens we still got a great Number One Contenders Six Pack Challenge out of it. A match which really hit home everything SDL claims to be about and that is rare from WWE. This match was booked fantastically, everyone came out of this looking good despite really no one involved other than maybe Zayn deserving to even be in this spot. A mountain to climb they more than overcame. Also, congratulations Jinder Mahal! His “Punjabi strong Style” seems a bit dangerous but clearly they thought something of Mahal in the past given the 2012 Gold Rush episodes of NXT I’m watching alongside this, so yeah. I dig it.

I didn’t feel like there was much else talking about on this SDL until the Main Event, love seeing Baron Corbin main eventing a SDL, against AJ Styles noless while JBL and Owens heel it up on commentary in the background. I thought it was another awesome match, too, even given the limited time they had to work with and the nonsense finish - shouldn’t Styles have reset the count by running into the ring, not won the match??? **** it, WWE and their “rules”.

I wonder what their plans are with Corbin because if Styles and Owens (or Jericho potentially) are gonna go off and feud once Payback is over, then what does that leave for Corbin? Sami Zayn perhaps? But for what purpose? I don’t want it to be like Ziggler all over again where they put on endless matches of honestly pretty decent quality but we just don’t give a **** because there is no story to go with the choreography.
I was there live w/friends, the 6 way match was very entertaining and was match of the night I think. Jinder winning was not well receieved by the crowd at all, like X-Pac kind of heat back in the day. My friends wasn't too excited cause it wasn't Raw, but I enjoyed SDL cause of who's all on the roster.
Unite your friends to see Justice League on Nov. 17th!!!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:14 PM   #64908
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Bruce Wayne lives in my attic

Jinder winning is quite vexing. What has this guy done to deserve that? At this point, I don't see how anyone not named AJ Styles can be in that spot. Heel or face, people cheer him. I won't say he carried Smackdown, because they had a lot of good efforts from a smaller roster than RAW. He was the top guy though during a time when Smackdown consistently beat RAW in ratings.

He's a solid promo, and what needs to be said about him in the ring? Quite possibly the best wrestler in the world. He can make anyone look like a million bucks. I guess the only reason WWE does not have the gas peddle on him is because of his size.
Samsung UN65MU8000 - Xbox One X Scorpio Edition - Denon X1200W - Logitech Harmony Ultimate One
Thanks given by:
megafan2000 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 05:19 PM   #64909
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
Jinder winning is quite vexing. What has this guy done to deserve that? At this point, I don't see how anyone not named AJ Styles can be in that spot. Heel or face, people cheer him. I won't say he carried Smackdown, because they had a lot of good efforts from a smaller roster than RAW. He was the top guy though during a time when Smackdown consistently beat RAW in ratings.

He's a solid promo, and what needs to be said about him in the ring? Quite possibly the best wrestler in the world. He can make anyone look like a million bucks. I guess the only reason WWE does not have the gas peddle on him is because of his size.
Because there has been more conversation, tweets, memes, opinions, etc about Jinder winning than anything I can think of that happened recently. WWE has the audience in the palm of their hands with his victory.
They say practice makes perfect. They also say no one is perfect. I wish they would make up their minds.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:29 PM   #64910
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

Could be his age too, he's almost 40. But I think Styles has been handled pretty well so far. Jinder is most likely just a filler for a B PPV.
"If a beautiful woman cries and no one hears it, did she waste $700 on crying lessons at Adrien Brody's unaccredited acting school?"

10 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) The Matrix 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Thing 10) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Old 04-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #64911
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom

I'm ok with Jinder being in a world title match. Thing is, you gotta give someone completely unexpected and from out left field a shot in a main event match every now and then to stir things up and to see how it'll do. If it goes over well, I'm sure he'll stay there, if not, he'll be back to jobbing again. It's only a B card PPV anyway.

Not fussed over Hideo Itemo but at least we won't have Bobby Roode vs that piece of crap Kassius Ohno. Man is an embarassment to look at
"Everything in moderation" - Said he with average results
Old 04-21-2017, 03:36 AM   #64912

May 2009
New Zealand

Jinder in a title match is imo, primarily to achieve more diversity.
Down Under Group: Sales and Trades
Thanks given by:
Agent Bond (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #64913
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014

As I've said on forms elsewhere, the thing I don't get about the Mahal situation and I guess the ongoing frustration with the IWC is that people claim WWE stale, static, picking their top guys and never changing them and then someone new is thrust into the top spot and then people complain?

I understand it may not be booked how you like or it may not be the person you want but if this just gets universal negative reaction then Vince is going to just assume he was right all along and go back to his list of about four guys he considers top talent in his company. Support this decision so maybe in the future Vince will feel comfortable about pulling the trigger on even *bigger* risks and freshening up the company for the better.
Thanks given by:
Agent Bond (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #64914
Expert Member

Sep 2013
Jersey City, NJ

It's not that Mahal is getting a push. It's that a guy who has lost 99.9% of the televised matches he's had in the last 6 months is suddenly placed in the Title Match. Like I said he appears to have no credible chance of beating Orton because he has had ZERO build when 4 of the other 5 opponents are a hell of a lot more credible already (I would feel the exact same way if Rowan won the 6-pack match). If this win was the start of building him to eventually challenge Orton or Owens a few months down the line, all well and good and I love that a different guy is being given a chance. If it wasn't announced the same week that WWE is looking to make big expansions and business in India - the move would make zero sense.

Last edited by megafan2000; 04-21-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Thanks given by:
SixSpeedSamurai (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 05:47 PM   #64915
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Savannah, GA
Send a message via MSN to tommyboy81 Send a message via Yahoo to tommyboy81

[Home Theater Setup

TV: Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma
Receiver: Denon 1712 *new*
Front Speakers: Polk Monitor 50's
Center: Polk CS10 *new*
Surrounds: Yamaha NX-220P
Sub: SVS SB-1000 *new*
Old 04-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #64916
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Missouri

Lana has been trying out a new dancing gimmick on the NXT shows. She wears shorts and dances her way to the ring and the goal is to eventually push her as a babyface and split her up with Rusev.

With Eva Marie gone and Emma not working out in the "Emmalina" role WWE wanted, the thought is they needed someone else in the "super hot girl" role as the company already has a lot of the athletic types that currently make up the Women's division.

Who wants to bet after the current season of Total Divas ends, Eva Marie gets released?
Old 04-22-2017, 03:24 AM   #64917

May 2009
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-Hostage View Post
Lana has been trying out a new dancing gimmick on the NXT shows. She wears shorts and dances her way to the ring and the goal is to eventually push her as a babyface and split her up with Rusev.

With Eva Marie gone and Emma not working out in the "Emmalina" role WWE wanted, the thought is they needed someone else in the "super hot girl" role as the company already has a lot of the athletic types that currently make up the Women's division.

Who wants to bet after the current season of Total Divas ends, Eva Marie gets released?
You mean, she's turned into Summer Rae?
Down Under Group: Sales and Trades
Thanks given by:
Me-Hostage (04-22-2017), megafan2000 (04-22-2017)
Old 04-22-2017, 06:28 AM   #64918
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric flair, espn.com

i walked in, said to the guy, will you please put on the golf tournament? It's only the masters, right? He said,
what do you think this is, a sports bar?" i didn't say it was a sports bar, i asked you to put on the masters.

I had only had one drink, i asked for another drink, he takes [the same] glass and [puts the] ice in and starts pouring in the same glass. Sir, doesn't a premium drink require a new glass? And he goes, "are you telling me how to bartend?" and i said, not if i don't have to, dumbass.
"did you call me a dumbass?" i can call you a dumbass, or a fat ass. Both work.
Woo!
Instagram: wwehistorian

Last edited by Agent Bond; 04-23-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #64919
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
You mean, she's turned into Summer Rae?
Does that count since she's out with an injury, and probably will get pink slipped before making a return? LOL
Old 04-22-2017, 02:22 PM   #64920
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
KY

Monday Night Raw is coming to Indiana in June and tickets goes on sale today. I know if I try to get tickets, I won't have no luck getting front row.
Unite your friends to see Justice League on Nov. 17th!!!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports