Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Escape from New York (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$13.78
RWBY 1-3: Beacon (Blu-ray)
$29.71
Akira (Blu-ray)
$28.79
Game of Thrones: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$36.21
Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.87
Blood and Black Lace (Blu-ray)
$22.97
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Space Jam 20th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$9.80
Ghost in the Shell (Blu-ray)
$19.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #1721
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
1444
37
392
301
4
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawcrc View Post
Correct they are however when I was given that number by Carl he said him and Jan both at the time anytime I would like to transfer it to my film arena account I could to order direct. However now with this new gb system hdn has I decided I might as well buy them from film arena since I won't be saving much money any way and now I don't have the added time to set aside the funds like before. I can't transfer it kinda sucks. So looks like I'll be missing out on editions now especially when a popular title comes out and sells out quickly


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Buying them from Karel will still save you shipping costs compared to FA. The thing with the new GB system, you will need to pay off your previous invoices then the new system will be okay. You will just have to adjust your spending habits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #1722
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
1444
37
392
301
4
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
We just need to get Karel over here


I doubt that will happen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #1723
hockeyshark91 hockeyshark91 is offline
Special Member
 
hockeyshark91's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
South Bay CA
1593
3
31
Default

I don't buy many FAC's or Kimchi or other higher end steels because they're too pricey and they're pretty difficult to come by.
But I did but my first FAC from eBay. In The Heart Of The Sea, new w/ full slip for 49.99 shipped. Good price, right?
Of course the seller is just across town from me, about 10 mins from my workplace, and my movie is somewhere in SoCal. I don't understand how the USPS routes it's packages.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #1724
scwilson_11 scwilson_11 is online now
Special Member
 
scwilson_11's Avatar
 
Nov 2015
Columbia, SC
622
37
Default

Just got my first two FAC steels in the mail today. Ted and in the heart of the sea. Really impressed with the quality, I have black mass on the way and can't wait for the Logan steel. Hope I can get my hands on one
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #1725
kylec123 kylec123 is offline
Special Member
 
kylec123's Avatar
 
Dec 2015
TN, USA
212
12
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
I don't buy many FAC's or Kimchi or other higher end steels because they're too pricey and they're pretty difficult to come by.
But I did but my first FAC from eBay. In The Heart Of The Sea, new w/ full slip for 49.99 shipped. Good price, right?
Of course the seller is just across town from me, about 10 mins from my workplace, and my movie is somewhere in SoCal. I don't understand how the USPS routes it's packages.
I have a package in transit right now that originated in Denver CO, it came to my city (memphis TN) but instead of sorting to the correct zip code here, it's now in Grand Rapids MI. LOL

Top-tier shipping here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #1726
hockeyshark91 hockeyshark91 is offline
Special Member
 
hockeyshark91's Avatar
 
Nov 2013
South Bay CA
1593
3
31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylec123 View Post
I have a package in transit right now that originated in Denver CO, it came to my city (memphis TN) but instead of sorting to the correct zip code here, it's now in Grand Rapids MI. LOL

Top-tier shipping here.
Oh boy. I fear for my steelbook. more time in the hand of the post office is never a good thing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #1727
KazzPetrelli KazzPetrelli is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
KazzPetrelli's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Malaysia
669
67
81
81
Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
I don't buy many FAC's or Kimchi or other higher end steels because they're too pricey and they're pretty difficult to come by.
But I did but my first FAC from eBay. In The Heart Of The Sea, new w/ full slip for 49.99 shipped. Good price, right?
Of course the seller is just across town from me, about 10 mins from my workplace, and my movie is somewhere in SoCal. I don't understand how the USPS routes it's packages.
That's a fair price, and it includes 3D + 2D
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
hockeyshark91 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #1728
Zombilina Zombilina is offline
Senior Member
 
Zombilina's Avatar
 
Apr 2015
Ft Benning, GA, USA
570
52
30
Default

Most FAC end up being cheaper on ebay than buying at release from GBs lately, except for the rare snowflake. Quite a few titles can be found for under $50 USD new and sealed. Even the ones over that aren't too much more, aside from the few low print runs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #1729
Jawcrc Jawcrc is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2015
62
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Buying them from Karel will still save you shipping costs compared to FA. The thing with the new GB system, you will need to pay off your previous invoices then the new system will be okay. You will just have to adjust your spending habits.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Well yes and no. I like the automated portion of the gb system but still with releases and gbs coming up sometimes very unexpected wit fac editions it's hard to budget for them as well I mean I'm not just gonna set all my premium steel money aside for facs I do collect others as well. If they go with there's a gb for x movie and it will go live in 1 month and gives the date and such I could work with that. But since some titles get very little time between oh the gbs coming and here it is and you have x days to get. It. I know with creed they changed the deadline to order but with my daughters birthday here as well I couldn't get it first fac I have not been able to acquire. So now I'm more interested in completing my blufans collection. There loss and blufans gain in my money


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #1730
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
1444
37
392
301
4
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawcrc View Post
Well yes and no. I like the automated portion of the gb system but still with releases and gbs coming up sometimes very unexpected wit fac editions it's hard to budget for them as well I mean I'm not just gonna set all my premium steel money aside for facs I do collect others as well. If they go with there's a gb for x movie and it will go live in 1 month and gives the date and such I could work with that. But since some titles get very little time between oh the gbs coming and here it is and you have x days to get. It. I know with creed they changed the deadline to order but with my daughters birthday here as well I couldn't get it first fac I have not been able to acquire. So now I'm more interested in completing my blufans collection. There loss and blufans gain in my money


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I understand. I have the same predicament but I will just adjust my spending habits and will be very selective unlike before. I can't afford to buy every Premium release.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #1731
Jawcrc Jawcrc is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2015
62
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
I understand. I have the same predicament but I will just adjust my spending habits and will be very selective unlike before. I can't afford to buy every Premium release.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yes and that's also what I plan on doing. I used to be a avid fac supporter and collected all their releases as it always worked or. Now I'll just pick and choose


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:21 PM   #1732
Danielbuscini Danielbuscini is offline
New Member
 
May 2017
United Kingdom Being new to steelbook collecting i was wondereing

Why the uk steelbooks are often inferior in content to -for one filmarena?
Is there ever a problem getting these steelbooks through customs ?
What is customer satisfaction like with Filmarena?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 09:21 PM   #1733
Jawcrc Jawcrc is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2015
62
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbuscini View Post
Why the uk steelbooks are often inferior in content to -for one filmarena?

Is there ever a problem getting these steelbooks through customs ?

What is customer satisfaction like with Filmarena?


I've heard it's mixed with there customer support is. People have hard times with them through there website but Facebook seems to be best place to contact them with customer support issues


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #1734
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
1444
37
392
301
4
305
Default

Can't wait for Black Hawk Down.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:40 PM   #1735
KazzPetrelli KazzPetrelli is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
KazzPetrelli's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Malaysia
669
67
81
81
Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Can't wait for Black Hawk Down.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Me too! Surprise to see some of late payments
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:41 PM   #1736
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
1444
37
392
301
4
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzPetrelli View Post
Me too! Surprise to see some of late payments
I combined BHD with Arrival and Miss Peregrine so I had to pay 640 CZK shipping.

I finally paid off all my pending invoices.
BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #1737
Shadowscythe85 Shadowscythe85 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Shadowscythe85's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
Pueblo, CO
831
148
Default

Invoices for Black Hawk down have already been sent out? Thought the deadline wasn't until some time in June to sign up for it with the necessary information?
One is the All, and by it, the All, and in it, the All, and if it does not contain the All, then it is Nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:56 PM   #1738
wjasoncul wjasoncul is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
wjasoncul's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA
4084
108
327
85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscythe85 View Post
Invoices for Black Hawk down have already been sent out? Thought the deadline wasn't until some time in June to sign up for it with the necessary information?
Deadline for this was updated to 4/28 mid-April...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #1739
KazzPetrelli KazzPetrelli is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
KazzPetrelli's Avatar
 
Aug 2014
Malaysia
669
67
81
81
Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
I combined BHD with Arrival and Miss Peregrine so I had to pay 640 CZK shipping.

I finally paid off all my pending invoices.
Same items for combine shipping! But haven't paid the shipping cost yet.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:41 PM   #1740
kryptonite1970 kryptonite1970 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
kryptonite1970's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
USA
1444
37
392
301
4
305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowscythe85 View Post
Invoices for Black Hawk down have already been sent out? Thought the deadline wasn't until some time in June to sign up for it with the necessary information?
Deadline was May 7, 2017. Cancellations should be forthcoming.
BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:13 AM.