Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Robots / Horton Hears a Who / Rio (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Madagascar: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Robin Hood (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Turbo (Blu-ray)
$15.79
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis
Default Samsung BD-P1600 glitch

I own a P1500 and P1600 and for being older players and not top of the line, they get the job done but are not short of glitches from time to time.

I have posted before about audio issues with the 1500 but now I want your 2 cents on an issue, even as tiny as it is, on the 1600.

I have noticed on 2 recent bluray purchases from amazon, the disc would pause almost half way through the film and make loud noises that sound like the hard drive trying to load or read the disc. I mistakenly thought it was the disc the first time it happened and replaced without incident.

However it happened tonight on a different disc. I put it in the 1500 and it played that scene without trouble. I kept the 1600 off for like 2 minutes, put the film back in and everything was perfect. (don’t know why I didn’t do that with the first disc)

So it ended up not being a disc issue, I replaced one bluray already because I thought it was. I was just wondering has anyone heard of this? It rarely happens, but it just seemed odd to me. Do players have trouble reading discs even if they played it up until a certain point? A simple restart of the player fixed it, but I was wondering if I was making a big deal out of nothing?

I was more relived it wasn’t the disc and it has only ever happened twice on this player. Probably doesn’t help I didn’t give it any rest time because I watched a 3 hr film and then almost immediately put in a 2 hr film to follow lol…(maybe 10 minutes inbetween)
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

bump, happened again tonight the LOTR part 1... but played just fine at a particular scene on the 1500, restarted 1600 and played fine...any ideas?

Last edited by beware; 12-24-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #3

Nov 2009
Jacksonville, FL.

i had the 1600 for about a year a few years back, and it really wasnt a good player, the 1500 was much more reliable.

with the 1600 it wouldnt play up or monsters inc with out freezing up, on the 1500 the exact same discs played witout issues.

the 1600 just isnt very good
Gear: Lg47LW5300 3DTV, Sony BDP-S780 3D Blu Ray. Yamaha RX-V365 receiver w/ speakers and sub, XBOX 360 W/Kinect
Old 12-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

yeah, I may have to switch the 1500 in my room to put it in the living room...it was an isolated incident, worked just fine when I restarted it all and no issues with the other films in the set.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #5

Dec 2012

me too, agree with you, may have to switch the 1500 in my room to put it in the living room...it was an isolated incident
Old 01-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

Anyone ever heard of a player causing pixel issues and not the actual film disc? I only ask because the movie and the special features played fine but navigating from one feature to the menus for another feature my player loading icon looked circa 80s video game graphics and the menu had the words all like that to but it quickly fixed itself. Thinking another glitch in this player. Because if it was the disc it wouldn't have been an issue with the loading icon
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #7
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

anyone
Old 01-14-2013, 04:38 AM   #8

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by beware View Post
Anyone ever heard of a player causing pixel issues and not the actual film disc? I only ask because the movie and the special features played fine but navigating from one feature to the menus for another feature my player loading icon looked circa 80s video game graphics and the menu had the words all like that to but it quickly fixed itself. Thinking another glitch in this player. Because if it was the disc it wouldn't have been an issue with the loading icon
I had something similar with my 1500 a few years ago and in fact exchanged the disc, and it never recurred. It still may be the disc.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #9
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berting View Post
I had something similar with my 1500 a few years ago and in fact exchanged the disc, and it never recurred. It still may be the disc.
I just assumed the 1600 would be better than the 1500, you know because it was the next model up...boy was I wrong...I have switched the 1500 back into the living room and since then, no issues with the player at all!
Old 01-22-2013, 04:47 AM   #10

May 2010
California

It shows you have 167 Blu-rays in your collection. A true aficionado shouldn't be playing his discs on anything Samsung makes. They are truly one of the glitchiest players out there.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #11

Feb 2009

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you 100%. My 1500 would do the strangest things from no sound to loss of picture to ........ However in Dec 2011 Samsung upgraded the firmware in the 1500, and it has been flawless ever since. I have a larger collection and I play all of my BD's on my 1500.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 AM   #12

May 2010
California

Good to hear!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #13

Feb 2013
Default Samsung HT-B6930W probs skipp/ff/freeze

Sorry to post here but I can't seem to start a new thread.

I'm having trouble w LOTR EE BR playing in my Samsung HT-B6930W system …they played ok the first/only time back when I got them last Summer …now they skip and freeze about an hour in; after that I get a disc specification error and discs won't load.

Samsung has not been helpful. I've turned off the BdLive feature (it is not hooked up to the Internet anyway); I've updated to latest firmware; I've done a power reset; and I've even tried setting the memory to an external 8Gb USB; however, each time I've done something new, it will load and play any given disc for about an hour/chap14 then starts skipping and freezing until it eventually freezes permanently…after that any reload attempt is met w disc specification error for any of the 3 movie discs.

I've updated my firmware to the latest from Oct last Fall. Strangely I'm getting some skipping/ff in the Skyfall, new Terminator remaster, Taken2 & Dark Knight Rises; so, not sure if I'm also having problems w BRs released since the last available firmware update? I have had no problems w Prometheus, Blade Runner or Lawrence of Arabia all released in Oct/Nov last Fall.

Any ideas?
Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #14

Jan 2011
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGates01 View Post
It shows you have 167 Blu-rays in your collection. A true aficionado shouldn't be playing his discs on anything Samsung makes. They are truly one of the glitchiest players out there.
I agree ... I used to have a DB-P3600 and initially I was impressed with it, only to realize over time how terrible Samsung players are. I will not buy another Samsung blu-ray player ever again ... even if it means that I will have to go without a blu-ray player because I don't have a choice outside of Samsung ... the headache I had with my P3600 just isn't worth it.
Display: Sony KDL-46V5100
Blu-Ray: Sony BDP-BX59
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1325-K
Speakers: Front: Klipsch RF-82, Centre: Klipsch RC-52, Surround: Klipsch RB-61
Subs: Klipsch RW-12D X 2 & RPW-10
Remote: Logitech Harmony 900 RF
Power Conditioner: Ethereal ESP602R Power Manager 2000
Old 07-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #15
Special Member

Dec 2010
St. Louis

The 1500 has been in the living room and the 1600 relegated to the bedroom and I never watch movies in my bedroom...

However, I just wanted to check a certain scene on a movie and was in my room tonight....

I put in the disc, which plays just fine on my 1500 and the 1600 kept making a loud click noise over and over and the picture and audio for the first trailer was out of sync, I ejected and tried again and no issue. Should I worry? I mean I never watch movies on that thing and tonight was just a quick exception with 1 scene. Should I relegate it to it not being on at all for maybe the past 4 months or?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders