COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Predator Bundle (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$30.00
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9 & 10 (Blu-ray)
$31.49
The Protector 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #61
Hatter Hatter is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hatter's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada
39
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Bond View Post
The biggest surprise for me was seeing quite a handful of Jeff Jarrett matches. Hell, even one of the Blu-Ray exclusives is Double J attacking newly crowned WCW Champion Bret Hart. Despite JJ holding up Vince for more money (and rightfully so) as well as being involved with TNA, I don't think JJ is blacklisted from WWE anymore.



I think so. Lots of goodies on this set and it is certainly better than Volume 1. My main gripe is even though they kept intact a lot of themes (Mysterio, Guerrero) even the knockoff ones (Jericho, Page), but yet for some reason they keep dubbing over Goldberg's theme. That sh** pisses me off!
Those knockoffs were done by Jimmy Hart so and I don't recall any of his stuff ever being omitted. SO who did Goldberg's that they refuse to pay for it. His WCW theme was far superior to the WWE version.
Vaiyo A-O , A Home Va Ya Ray, Vaiyo A-Rah, Jerhume Brunnen G

My Collection
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #62
kidryancorn kidryancorn is offline
Member
 
kidryancorn's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Default

I'm pretty sure Goldberg's theme was used by WCW without permission from the original artist, and thus WWE changed it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #63
kidryancorn kidryancorn is offline
Member
 
kidryancorn's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
Nothing will tope rise of Stone Cold? Sting's rise vs. the nWo
Well booked until that awful Starcade 97 PPV. I'll still take the rise of Austin from late 96 into 98 over that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #64
MasturB MasturB is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MasturB's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
561
30
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidryancorn View Post
I'm pretty sure Goldberg's theme was used by WCW without permission from the original artist, and thus WWE changed it.
Well not exactly true. A lot of WCW's themes were also produced by Time Warner's music division at that time which I think was a part of New Line Cinema.

I think Goldberg's theme had a higher price tag that Vince didn't want to purchase or it probably wasn't on sale at all. If you recall, Goldberg's first ever WWE appearance the night after Wrestlemania 19, he confronted the Rock on RAW and his theme was actually his WCW one. It was the subsequent appearances afterwards that they used the lame knock off.

Slipcovers Wanted
  • Pandorum (lenticular), Sin City (Canadian), No Country for Old Men, Minority Report, Casino Royale, Pulp Fiction, Lawless, Where the Wild Things Are, Planet 51, Scott Pilgrim vs. World, Watchmen (lenticular), Stand By Me, Terminator
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #65
kidryancorn kidryancorn is offline
Member
 
kidryancorn's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
Well not exactly true. A lot of WCW's themes were also produced by Time Warner's music division at that time which I think was a part of New Line Cinema.

I think Goldberg's theme had a higher price tag that Vince didn't want to purchase or it probably wasn't on sale at all. If you recall, Goldberg's first ever WWE appearance the night after Wrestlemania 19, he confronted the Rock on RAW and his theme was actually his WCW one. It was the subsequent appearances afterwards that they used the lame knock off.
I'm pretty sure Dave Meltzer confirmed that WCW had heard the theme on TV and just decided to use it without getting the rights. This is why WWE had to change it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #66
MasturB MasturB is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
MasturB's Avatar
 
Dec 2012
561
30
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidryancorn View Post
I'm pretty sure Dave Meltzer confirmed that WCW had heard the theme on TV and just decided to use it without getting the rights. This is why WWE had to change it.
Well they had used it for at least 3-4 years, so I'm sure there would've been some lawsuits.

Vince paid to use it on Goldberg's first WWE appearance, then he had Johnson make a knock off I believe.

As far as I know, Goldberg's theme was a production of the same people that did scores for New Line Cinema (who was also under Time Warner's branch) which meant WCW could use it since they too were also a subsidiary of Time Warner.

Vince wanted to buy it but I think they were asking too much for the rights for it (strange since that's chump change for him) so he paid to use it once and then after that no more.
Slipcovers Wanted
  • Pandorum (lenticular), Sin City (Canadian), No Country for Old Men, Minority Report, Casino Royale, Pulp Fiction, Lawless, Where the Wild Things Are, Planet 51, Scott Pilgrim vs. World, Watchmen (lenticular), Stand By Me, Terminator
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #67
kidryancorn kidryancorn is offline
Member
 
kidryancorn's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
Well they had used it for at least 3-4 years, so I'm sure there would've been some lawsuits.

Vince paid to use it on Goldberg's first WWE appearance, then he had Johnson make a knock off I believe.

As far as I know, Goldberg's theme was a production of the same people that did scores for New Line Cinema (who was also under Time Warner's branch) which meant WCW could use it since they too were also a subsidiary of Time Warner.

Vince wanted to buy it but I think they were asking too much for the rights for it (strange since that's chump change for him) so he paid to use it once and then after that no more.
The theme was composed by Christian Poulet and Jean-Yves Rigo, and is probably stock music. Pat Tanaka used it long before Goldberg did in WCW, and I remember hearing it on some History channel show. I just remember hearing that WCW was using the theme without permission, but the artist(s) didn't find out until after WWE had contacted them. Regardless Vince obviously didn't want to pay to use it, along with numerous other themes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #68
Foresakor Foresakor is offline
New Member
 
Dec 2010
582
Default

If anyone is still looking for this one, the WWE site has a lot of their Blu-ray Discs for half price and this one is one of the choices.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:15 PM.