Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Blu-ray)
$10.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 12-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #481

Jan 2011

I blind bought this one and finally got around to watching it last night (have been putting off watching several Blus until we got our new TV). I think the movie holds up well and was a really enjoyable experience. The bus scene though was a bit jarring because the amount of grain etc seemed to be much more prominent than other scenes.

Maybe the TT version is not the best the movie can look; but overall I am very pleased with the transfer.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #482

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goremeister100 View Post
I just don't like the practice of scalpers buying them and once they're out of print they could ask for 200 bucks a copy. Actually, that's more the fault of Amazon and Ebay allowing this price gouging on their sites. I don't see them changing this because they make a profit off the final sale price. Why are they going to tell people that they can't sell a 30.00 blu-ray for 200 bucks or more when they make a profit off of that? Or let it be produce on demand and do away with the limited edition bullshit.
I'm not a scalper, but I just sold mine on Ebay to help pay for the Arrow version. Only got 2 bids in 3 days. Sold for $22.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #483
Special Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

Is this out of print now?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #484
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
UK

Yeah but the superior Arrow version is available but locked to region B.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #485

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullboy View Post
I'm not a scalper, but I just sold mine on Ebay to help pay for the Arrow version. Only got 2 bids in 3 days. Sold for $22.
I guess I was thinking of the FRIGHT NIGHT and CHRISTINE releases. I think NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD was fetching big bucks as well. THE FURY won't do well since there's been a lot of discussion claiming the Arrow release is superior. Even if you don't own a region free player you could always get the Arrow blu and copy it to a bd-r removing the region coding.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #486
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
UK

Quote:
I guess I was thinking of the FRIGHT NIGHT and CHRISTINE releases. I think NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD was fetching big bucks as well. THE FURY won't do well since there's been a lot of discussion claiming the Arrow release is superior. Even if you don't own a region free player you could always get the Arrow blu and copy it to a bd-r removing the region coding.
No claims about it.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #487

Oct 2009

Quote:
Sold my NOTLD, too. Someone did the "buy it now" option for $40.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #488

Sep 2013

FRIGHT NIGHT currently has a price tag ranging from 250.00 to 500.00!!! Are people crazy enough to pay these prices?? You'd think the one asking 500.00 would throw in shipping but no, there's an extra 3.99 charge for that.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

FRIGHT NIGHT II can be had for the low low price of just 409.98 + shipping. Didn't realize that Amazon allows the selling of bootlegs on their site. As far as I was aware there is no official FRIGHT NIGHT II BD release. Amazing what you could get away with using a custom cover.
http://www.amazon.com/Fright-Night-P...+night+blu+ray

Last edited by Goremeister100; 12-05-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #489
Special Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
I just don't like the practice of scalpers buying them and once they're out of print they could ask for 200 bucks a copy. Actually, that's more the fault of Amazon and Ebay allowing this price gouging on their sites. I don't see them changing this because they make a profit off the final sale price. Why are they going to tell people that they can't sell a 30.00 blu-ray for 200 bucks or more when they make a profit off of that? Or let it be produce on demand and do away with the limited edition bullshit.
Well yeah why would Ebay not let them sell it for whatever price they like? I don't love scalping but somethings worth is determined by how much someone will pay for it. For em price gouging only exists for things you NEED, water, food, ect.. And you are talking to a person who hates the limited edition model and really wished I would have got the German edition of Re-animator before it sold out and became super expensive.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #490

Sep 2013

Yeah but it's unfair to fans of these films that would be willing to buy them for fair prices instead of TT selling multiple copies of a product to people who are just willing to profit off the "limited edition" gimmick. I know, it's capitalism at it's finest but that doesn't make it right. Even if TT limited the purchase to 1 per customer I'm sure scalpers would find a way around that like having other people order the films for them. There's no way around it and as I said, Amazon and Ebay allow people to hike up the prices on their sites so I guess nothing can be done about it. I just find that in this day and age there shouldn't be such a thing as "limited edition" since studios can easily manufacture these titles on demand which has been proven with Warner's catalog. Sony even does titles on demand so I don't understand why they license the rights to TT. They should do it themselves and offer these titles to everyone without this limited crap. I find people are just in a hurry to order when they know the titles won't be around for long which just makes them sell out quicker. This is the reason folks don't take their time and read reviews before ordering which was the case with THE FURY. Actually this is actually why TT does what they do. So impulse buyers will drop their hard earned cash without waiting to see if a better release is around the corner.

I agree that what determines the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it but that doesn't mean I'm not pissed off about it. I remember when the Criterion dvd of SALO : 120 DAYS OF SODOM was fetching 900 bucks on ebay when it was OOP. People were paying these crazy prices and I still don't understand it. They're just movies and eventually a better version will be released.

I did jump on that limited edition of RE-ANIMATOR just because Capelight did a great job on this release. I found it expensive but a lot better than what they're going for now. I also jumped on it because I heard the extended version won't be included in Second Sight's release. This is one case where I jumped on a limited edition but a lot of effort was put into this one. TT doesn't put a lot of effort in their releases.

Last edited by Goremeister100; 12-06-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #491
Special Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Yeah but it's unfair to fans of these films that would be willing to buy them for fair prices instead of TT selling multiple copies of a product to people who are just willing to profit off the "limited edition" gimmick. I know, it's capitalism at it's finest but that doesn't make it right. Even if TT limited the purchase to 1 per customer I'm sure scalpers would find a way around that like having other people order the films for them. There's no way around it and as I said, Amazon and Ebay allow people to hike up the prices on their sites so I guess nothing can be done about it.
Again Ebay and Amazon shouldn't do anything about it. Why would they? They would have to limit the price anyone could buy anything for. "Well that 1st issue of Spider-man cost 10 cents originally so you can't get 1 million for it". The only thing to do about it is for studios to stop the limited edition crap.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #492
Special Member

Feb 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMasterBlu View Post
Again Ebay and Amazon shouldn't do anything about it...
I agree.

Setting prices isn't the business of amazon or eBay.

EBay likely gets tens of thousands of new listings everyday. There are surely thousands of resellers offering countless products on amazon. These companies can't realistically be in a position to determine what constitutes fair or reasonable pricing...they'd need to hire thousands of people with expertise in countless areas of knowledge.

If I put my old Triuimph up for sale with a classified ad in the newspaper, I don't expect the newspaper staff to look up the value of my car and determine a fair price. Value is the business of the buyer and seller.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #493

Sep 2013

It's true I guess. If someone wants to shell out ridiculous amounts on something why should Amazon or Ebay stop them. Anyone with common sense would wait for a re-release of a film but if you're ok with paying 500 bucks for a blu-ray, more power to you.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #494
Special Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
It's true I guess. If someone wants to shell out ridiculous amounts on something why should Amazon or Ebay stop them. Anyone with common sense would wait for a re-release of a film but if you're ok with paying 500 bucks for a blu-ray, more power to you.
Completely agree. The real solution is to stop with the limited editions.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:31 PM   #495

Nov 2010
Boalsburg, PA

Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Arrow's Blu-ray of The Fury is vastly superior to TT's. I am proud to own it.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #496
Special Member

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrchidClub View Post
Well, I recently sold my Twilight Time Blu-ray of The Fury and I only got about 20 bucks for it. That's not even what I paid... so I guess only the major, hyped up releases like Fright Night or Christine will garner the big bucks.

Arrow's Blu-ray of The Fury is vastly superior to TT's. I am proud to own it.
Well, there isn't much of a demand for this release in comparison. Fright Night and Christine don't have an overseas release available, not to mention Arrow's release is an improvement on TT's release.
Old 01-19-2014, 02:16 PM   #497
Special Member

Jun 2011
South Hill, VA

TCM Shop still says this is available. I thought it was sold out
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America