Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
8-Film Action Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Are You Still Going to Watch X-Men DoFP?
Yes 156 91.76%
No 14 8.24%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #3381
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012
Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
I would be fine with a 2 1/2 hour movie or 3 hours even. And hopefully since it was cut in post production it will be on included in an extended edition of the film.
Epson 5010 on VAPEX9120
Sony BDP-S580
Sony PS3 and PS4
DirecTV HR24
Yamaha RX-V567
Front: Yamaha NS-C444 and NS-777
Surrounds: Side - Sony SS-F5000 / Rear - Some cheap Yamaha's
Subwoofer: Yamaha YST-SW315
Old 04-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #3382
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
I view them in chronological order, or as close as possible.
I usually like watching any series in release order, even if it's not chronological.
"He's scraping at the door. Scraping at the door!"

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Goodfellas 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) Shaun of the Dead 15) Taxi Driver

My Letterboxd
Old 04-16-2014, 05:43 PM   #3383
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

I think a movie as expansive as this and with that cast could've benefited from a 2.5 hour runtime. I would have been fine with that.

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Goodfellas 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) Shaun of the Dead 15) Taxi Driver

My Letterboxd
Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #3384
Special Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
noooooooooooooooo!! apocalypse is gonna with the first class crew??? gosh DAMNIT!!! I'd much rather have the "old" cast come back for at least one more film with them being the main focus ... the "future" timeline of apocalypse would make sense too..

Why is this surprising? DoFP is the sequel to FC, while Apocalypse is the third part in the trilogy.
Click to See My List of Every Movie I've Ever Seen!

Ranking the Marvel Cinematic Universe: 1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2. Marvel's The Avengers 3. Captain America: The First Avenger 4. Iron Man 5. Iron Man 3 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Iron Man 2 8. Thor 9. The Incredible Hulk
Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 PM   #3385
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2010
Orange County, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormraper View Post
noooooooooooooooo!! apocalypse is gonna with the first class crew??? gosh DAMNIT!!! I'd much rather have the "old" cast come back for at least one more film with them being the main focus ... the "future" timeline of apocalypse would make sense too..
There's a very, very good chance we're getting an actual X4 with the original cast...We all knew that 'Apocalypse' wouldn't be it, but there are rumblings of one more with the old cast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_sc77 View Post
"the mission to find and rescue her an expensive, lengthy sequence that involves Professor X, Magneto, and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) was sliced from the film in postproduction after Fox executives worried it would pad the running time to over two and a half hours."

what in the hell is wrong with over 2 and a half hours. ?

I cant believe they are cutting out a huge sequence from the film just because of running time.
Hope it doesnt affect the film terribly and I hope the final cut of the movie still lasts well over 2 hours long.

That sequence better be on an extended cut.
It is starting to look like there really could be a nearly 3 hour long version of this film in extended form if they were to put it out on blu-ray
There better be an extended cut. I just think a scene like that should have been left in, because is Rogue just showing up going to feel weird and random? I don't know, I just really want that scene in the film. Really hope we see an Extended cut later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
I would be fine with a 2 1/2 hour movie or 3 hours even. And hopefully since it was cut in post production it will be on included in an extended edition of the film.
Agreed.
"Movies can and do have tremendous influence in shaping young lives in the realm of entertainment towards the ideals and objectives of normal adulthood."
Walt Disney

Follow me:
Twitter: @pj_campbell
Letterboxd: pj_campbell
Old 04-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #3386
Power Member

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
"the mission to find and rescue her an expensive, lengthy sequence that involves Professor X, Magneto, and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) was sliced from the film in postproduction after Fox executives worried it would pad the running time to over two and a half hours."

I cant believe they are cutting out a huge sequence from the film just because of running time.
Hope it doesnt affect the film terribly and I hope the final cut of the movie still lasts well over 2 hours long.

It is starting to look like there really could be a nearly 3 hour long version of this film in extended form if they were to put it out on blu-ray

Runtimes of the 3 highest grossing superhero films:
1. 2 hrs. 22 mins
2. 2 hrs. 30 mins
3. 2 hrs. 45 mins

of the top 10 highest grossing superhero movies of all time guess how many last LESS than two hours? thats right, ZERO
Of the BOTTOM 33 Lowest grossing comic book based movies every single one lasts less than 2 hours.
I really hope there is an extended cut. It should be a possibility since The Wolverine had one.

The more I think about this movie the more worried I get that it's going to suck. I wish Matthew Vaughn stayed on as director.
Last Bought: American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street Future Purchases: American Horror Story: Coven, Walking Dead: Season 4, Girls: Season 3, Her, 12 Years a Slave.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #3387

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
I really hope there is an extended cut. It should be a possibility since The Wolverine had one.

The more I think about this movie the more worried I get that it's going to suck. I wish Matthew Vaughn stayed on as director.
It wouldn't matter who the director was, if the studio mandates something the director is pretty much powerless. The best we can hope for is a director's cut.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #3388

Jul 2013
Michigan

Quote:

Runtimes of the 3 highest grossing superhero films:
1. 2 hrs. 22 mins
2. 2 hrs. 30 mins
3. 2 hrs. 45 mins

of the top 10 highest grossing superhero movies of all time guess how many last LESS than two hours? thats right, ZERO
Of the BOTTOM 33 Lowest grossing comic book based movies every single one lasts less than 2 hours.
Agreed 100%

That makes NO sense whatsoever.
"I'm Alien. My real name is Al, but truth be told, I'm not from this planet."
Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #3389
Special Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Guess that's the scene Singer mentioned was cut earlier on when it was reported that Paquin was completely cut.

So bummed that we're not going to see it, because her role is too important to be reduced to mere cameo. Especially since we were supposed to see her use
[Show spoiler]Ms. Marvel-esque powers.
How are they going to explain what happened to her, or is she just going to show up randomly, like "hey, you guys have all been dying. Good to see you. K thx, bye."

Singer said he wants to include the scene on the blu-ray, so I'm hoping it's part of an extended cut and not a deleted scene.

As for the 3 other unannounced cameos, I'm assuming based on the "spoilers" leaking out, they are
[Show spoiler]Adult Beast, Adult Mystique, and Cyclops.
1st Blu-Ray: (500) Days of Summer
100th Blu-Ray: Deadwood: The Complete Series

Last edited by GoldMotel; 04-16-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #3390
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
I've gone into outer space to destroy another race.

Quote:
"the mission to find and rescue her — an expensive, lengthy sequence that involves Professor X, Magneto, and Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) — was sliced from the film in postproduction after Fox executives worried it would pad the running time to over two and a half hours."

Probably won't make an "extended cut." Not saying this is necessarily the case, but studios looooooove putting out rumors such as this with the hopes that you and I will do exactly what we are doing now...talking about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if...

1) "supposed" sequence never even existed... or, and most likely...
2) "supposed" sequence was never as "substantial," nor expensive, nor as spectacular as they might make it out to be.

They also want you to make sure you buy a copy of the "extended" cut blu-ray, in order to watch a scene that might only make it to the deleted scenes section...if it even exists.

It's marketing, dude.
"If your apartment is hit by a dolphin, don't go outside to see if the dolphin is okay. That is how the hurricane tricks you into coming outside."

I'm feeling Megatronic. Give me a colonic.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #3391
Power Member

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, Florida

Didn't Wolverine get an extended cut? Maybe Fox can do the same for this one, if there really are substantial scenes cut.

My Letterboxd
Old 04-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #3392
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Zombie View Post
Didn't Wolverine get an extended cut? Maybe Fox can do the same for this one, if there really are substantial scenes cut.
Yup, and it was only available with the 3D edition. Thankfully it was cheap, and seeing as how more and more 3D editions are being released cheap I have no doubt this one will be too.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:50 PM   #3393
Special Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Zombie View Post
Probably won't make an "extended cut." Not saying this is necessarily the case, but studios looooooove putting out rumors such as this with the hopes that you and I will do exactly what we are doing now...talking about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if...

1) "supposed" sequence never even existed... or, and most likely...
2) "supposed" sequence was never as "substantial," nor expensive, nor as spectacular as they might make it out to be.

They also want you to make sure you buy a copy of the "extended" cut blu-ray, in order to watch a scene that might only make it to the deleted scenes section...if it even exists.

It's marketing, dude.
The scene does exist, there's a snippet of it in the first released trailer.

Last edited by GoldMotel; 04-16-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #3394
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMotel View Post

And there's at least one more scene involving Rogue. And I'm guessing it's right after they rescue her:

Last edited by Drewbee87; 04-16-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #3395
Special Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
And there's at least one more scene involving Rogue. And I'm guessing it's right after they rescue her:

[Show spoiler]

I'm assuming this is when she does her power-thing to help Kitty and Wolverine.

But, unless they keep the scenes of exposition about going to rescue Rogue, her introduction is going to be both jarring and awkward. Especially because Ashmore said the film does explore the Rogue/Iceman relationship dynamic.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 PM   #3396
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Rio Rancho, NM

LOL! Again with the running time crap...
PSN: SirMontyPython

"I fart in your general direction..."
Old 04-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #3397
Suspended

Jul 2007
The Paradise of New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMontyPython View Post
LOL! Again with the running time crap...
Although, granted, there's a difference between watching three hours of Bryan Singer at home, and watching three hours of Bryan Singer in a theater where you can't escape.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 PM   #3398
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2008
Send a message via AIM to Beast

Quote:
I'm assuming this is when she does her power-thing to help Kitty and Wolverine.

But, unless they keep the scenes of exposition about going to rescue Rogue, her introduction is going to be both jarring and awkward. Especially because Ashmore said the film does explore the Rogue/Iceman relationship dynamic.
And why should it? It's many many years later and the film isn't about them.
Bat-Mite: "Batman's rich history allows him to be interpreted in a multitude of ways. To be sure, this is a lighter incarnation, but is certainly no less valid and true to the character's roots then the tortured avenger, crying out for mommy and daddy."

Batman: The Brave & The Bold - Legend of the Dark Mite.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:39 PM   #3399
Special Member

Jun 2012
California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
And why should it? It's many many years later and the film isn't about them.
I wasn't trying to imply the film should, I was just relaying what Ashmore had said, which I'm assuming was something explored in the cut scene.

So I was just saying if there is lingering dialogue between them in her kept scene, I'm just wondering if it would just seem to come out of nowhere.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #3400
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
I've gone into outer space to destroy another race.

Quote:
[Show spoiler]
Thanks...and hence my statement "most likely...[the] 'supposed' sequence was never as substantial, nor expensive, nor as spectacular as they might make it out to be."
"If your apartment is hit by a dolphin, don't go outside to see if the dolphin is okay. That is how the hurricane tricks you into coming outside."

I'm feeling Megatronic. Give me a colonic.

Last edited by Col. Zombie; 04-16-2014 at 10:49 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies