Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Willow (Blu-ray)
$9.96
James Cameron's Deepsea Challenge 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89
John Carter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
28 Days Later / 28 Weeks Later (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Attack on Titan Part 2 (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Mad Men: The Final Season, Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack / Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (Blu-ray)
$13.59
Hentai Prince & the Stony Cat: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.99
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$54.99
Game of Thrones - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Chucky: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.76
Star Trek: The Compendium (Blu-ray)
$24.96
Fairy Tail: Part 11 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Psycho (Blu-ray)
$10.98
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #81
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
so Lionsgate gave up on thier Paramount releases?
Yep, get em while you can (and most are still cheap, not so much MS, but most others). The good news is Olive is re-issueing many of them. The bad news is Olive is ****ing up the audio, dropping all features and offering slightly different transfers. At least Cujo and Running Man both had a new commentary, this is pretty horrid with not even a trailer! Glad I got all the originals I want, including My Bloody Valentine and Relic. Still fenced about Running Man, but have access to the LG blu (just in Canadian packaging) at a local store.

In other news, LG has also given up other catalog titles. All the sudden Dead Alive went from 'please buy me for $10', to $150-200 by silently going OOP on us.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #82

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Yep, get em while you can (and most are still cheap, not so much MS, but most others). The good news is Olive is re-issueing many of them. The bad news is Olive is ****ing up the audio, dropping all features and offering slightly different transfers. At least Cujo and Running Man both had a new commentary, this is pretty horrid with not even a trailer! Glad I got all the originals I want, including My Bloody Valentine and Relic. Still fenced about Running Man, but have access to the LG blu (just in Canadian packaging) at a local store.

In other news, LG has also given up other catalog titles. All the sudden Dead Alive went from 'please buy me for $10', to $150-200 by silently going OOP on us.
Oh my. I'm glad I got Dead Alive last year.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #83
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Toschi View Post
I too am waiting for some proper comparisons. Looking at the screenshots and comparing them to the LG screenshots (From doblu & other sites) it seems to be similar to the Running Man. Same transfer, possibly better encode, and brightened up.
Yes, this is likely the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
So the LG release had 5.1 and this is 2.0.
The Olive release is DTS-HD 2.0, the Lionsgate release had DTS-HD 5.1 and Dolby Digital 2.0 options.

Quote:
Question: what was the original mix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessBDJM View Post
2.0. Probably Ultra Stereo.
Yes, it was Dolby stereo...
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #84

Jun 2010
TeXas

This movie totally awesome! I heard it only new commentary and that it right?

Wolfman got nard!
Old 02-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #85
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman22 View Post
This movie totally awesome! I heard it only new commentary and that it right?

Wolfman got nard!
There is no commentary. Nothing.
An OT release of the Star Wars Trilogy is the "gay marriage" of home video: the dark side keeps fighting against it, saying that only a small amount of people really want it. However, in no way will it affect their love and enjoyment of their current "situation."
And the good side realizes that it will make millions of people happy and society will only benefit from it.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 AM   #86

Jun 2010
TeXas

Quote:
There is no commentary. Nothing.
Whoa! barebone! I'll stick with my 2-disc Lionsgate DVD!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #87
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2009
Watsonville, California

I kept the Lionsgate 2-Disc DVD and their Blu-ray release I got for dirt cheap. Never going to sell either.
Wish more fun childhood films were released onto Blu-ray. Properly but with tons of extra features.
My DVD Collection (Keeping it separate.)
Importer supporter. & Multi-Region Capable!
The Other Stuff +132 BD's
Film grain and original cinematic audio advocate. Anti-DNR/EE. To hell with DVD, UV & Digital Copy combos. Gimme Blu-ray disc ONLY!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #88
Expert Member

May 2008
Birmingham, AL

I think it's great that Olive is releasing all these old horror films, because otherwise we would never see the likes of Ticks, Night of the Demons 2, or The Boogens on Blu-ray, but for those that already had Blu-ray releases (Monster Squad, Running Man, and Cujo) it would be nice if they could, at the very least, include the 5.1 and/or 7.1 mixes. I realize that the original sound mix may be 2.0, and for purist that's fine, but since the surround mixes exist, it would be nice to have an option.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #89

Jul 2011
Texas

Don't know anything about this company. Is it safe to say this will still be available months from now, or will it likely go OOP like the last one. Just don't want too miss out again, yet don't have the spare income at the moment.
"You know what they say, you just can't keep a good guy down."
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #90
Blu-ray Count

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonian View Post
Don't know anything about this company. Is it safe to say this will still be available months from now, or will it likely go OOP like the last one. Just don't want too miss out again, yet don't have the spare income at the moment.
Olive's Blu-rays don't seem to be burning up the sales charts, their relatively high list price for stripped-down catalog titles seem to be affecting the overall sales.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #91
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonian View Post
This is a great question that only time will answer. Clark has it right too. I want to blind buy Ticks myself, but the price is too high to gamble on it.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #92
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Dagobah
Exclamation Trading my Lionsgate Monster Squad Blu-ray

I have the Lionsgate edition of "The Monster Squad", which is packed with special features, and I am willing to trade it.

Since I don't like to part with it lightly, my trade suggestion is this:

I send you The Monster Squad Blu-ray (Lionsgate edition in mint condition, like new) in exchange for

a sealed 3-D Blu-ray edition of "Life of Pi" (because of the special features. I hate 3-D),

a sealed copy of "Willow" Blu-ray (you can use the 8$ coupon of Life of Pie towards this purchase), and

a sealed copy of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" Blu-ray edition, and send it to me in Europe.

Please PM me, if you are interested.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America