Best Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.99
Treme: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99
Entourage: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$96.99
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$89.99
Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Sons of Anarchy: Seasons 1-6 (Blu-ray)
$119.99
Big Hero 6 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Maze Runner (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3D (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Fairy Tail: Part 13 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Dragon Ball Z: Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Rocky: Heavyweight Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED
Old 09-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #21

Sep 2012

Image quality is fine albeit heavily stylised. VERY noisy and bleached out throughout (reminded me of the recent "Dredd" movie) but this seems to have been a deliberate decision on the part of the film-makers. It was bad enough when they did this to movies, but now for concerts too it's getting pretty tedious. I can understand that those more used to a pin-sharp video look might be disappointed with it.
ISF calibrated Panasonic 65VT50 TV, Oppo BD95 Zone-Free Blu-ray, Onkyo TR-818 AV receiver, B&W 5 speakers, BL XXLS400-DF subwoofer
Old 09-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #22

Jun 2011

Now Amazon UK has withdrawn it for to all the complaints.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #23

Mar 2011

I've just tried mine and it seems perfectly fine to me.

The sound comes out of all speakers of my home cinema system on both 2.0 and 5.1 settings and I'm able to navigate around the menus.

Some of the images are grainy but it's clearly how it was meant to be.

Mine is a UK disc bought from Amazon.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #24

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergusor View Post
I've just tried mine and it seems perfectly fine to me.

The sound comes out of all speakers of my home cinema system on both 2.0 and 5.1 settings and I'm able to navigate around the menus.

Some of the images are grainy but it's clearly how it was meant to be.

Mine is a UK disc bought from Amazon.
+1

Really don't understand why there are so many complaints or why Amazon would withdraw it.
ISF calibrated Panasonic 65VT50 TV, Oppo BD95 Zone-Free Blu-ray, Onkyo TR-818 AV receiver, B&W 5 speakers, BL XXLS400-DF subwoofer
Old 09-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #25

Jun 2011

Did any of you guys get this image quality issue?
Old 09-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #26

Feb 2013
UK

mine is the same as the top fella
Old 09-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #27

Sep 2012

Don't recall seeing anything anywhere near as bad as that lower screencap. Pretty sure I'd have noticed if I did.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #28

Sep 2013

My UK Blu Ray is exactly the same. I saw the epix presentation and the clarity and colours are outstanding. The grain is terrible. Epic fail by universal/live nation
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #29

Feb 2013
UK

The woman herself responds to a question regarding the quality on last nights Q&A on reddit

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/...t-the-full-qa/

Did you heard about technical mastering issues on some “MDNA World Tour” DVD & Blu-Rays in Europe ?
Madonna: yes and im absolutely horrified. my label is looking into it…trying to get to the bottom of it. it might be a case of old technology not working with new technology. please be patient.
I spent 6 months editing and doing the sound mix for the DVD the last thing I want to hear is that the fans arent getting the fruits of my labor
Old 09-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #30
Special Member

Oct 2012
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacredfield View Post
The woman herself responds to a question regarding the quality on last nights Q&A on reddit

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/...t-the-full-qa/

Did you heard about technical mastering issues on some “MDNA World Tour” DVD & Blu-Rays in Europe ?
Madonna: yes and im absolutely horrified. my label is looking into it…trying to get to the bottom of it. it might be a case of old technology not working with new technology. please be patient.
I spent 6 months editing and doing the sound mix for the DVD the last thing I want to hear is that the fans arent getting the fruits of my labor
If that is true, I'm glad she acknowledged the severe mistake made by Universal.

Meanwhile, they should recall these discs and start a replacement program for those who already own this defective Blu-ray.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." - Master Shifu
Old 10-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
Special Member

Oct 2012
Exclamation

You would've thought after the recent fiasco by Universal, there was a fix/replacement program coming, but no, it ain't - look at what these idiots have to say.

Customer Notice: Adjust Your TV for Optimum Quality WTF
This program uses smoke and grain effects as part of the creative treatment. Televisions set to "Dynamic" mode or "Enhanced" mode will artificially brighten these shots, causing a diminished consumer viewing experience. The issue can be rectified (on sets with these options) by setting the TV to "Normal" or "Movie" mode, rather than "Dynamic Brightness" or "Enhanced" mode. In addition, the Blu-ray disc is BD-J, or Blu-ray Disc Java, a technical specification that is used on all studio releases, however some older players may not be fully BD-J compliant. Some players may experience glitches when navigating the Blu-ray menu. Those who experience glitches and wish to update their firmware should follow the manufacturer's instructions. We apologise for this inconvenience.

Source: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madonna-The-.../dp/B00DQVSTCG
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present." - Master Shifu
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Tags
madonna