Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Judge (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Let's Be Cops (Blu-ray)
$5.99
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Interstellar (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Monsters, Inc. (Blu-ray)
$13.99
John Wick (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Hellsing Ultimate: Collection Volumes 9-10 (Blu-ray)
$25.89
Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.49
Archer: The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Blu-ray)
$4.99
American Sniper (Blu-ray)
$29.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 01-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #901

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemo22 View Post
I think it may be an episode of the TV show Insight, the episode is called "The Clown of Freedom" and Martin Sheen is in it. I remember seeing it in school and remember very little about it so it might not be what you're thinking of.
Thank you for your response, I tried looking for this episode of Insight on you tube & found a couple of episodes but not this one. Do you know where I could find it online? This has been at the very top of a list of films (& t.v.) I have been trying to identify forever.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #902
Special Member

Feb 2014

Hey everyone - here are three films that some may be able to help me with:

1) The first was a fairly decent (but definitely obscure) horror film I saw on DVD several years ago - I believe the film was from the '90's or 200X's. It involved a reclusive 20-ish young guy living in a high-rise apartment by himself - I believe he was a writer/artist of some sort. He was visited at one point by another guy (a former High school classmate?!) & the visit involved the recluse's writing/artwork - I think. I remember the meeting took place on the roof of a restaurant/coffee place overloooking a large metropolis/city (possibly in the U.S. or Canada, not sure though).

There were several horrific "dream sequences" involving events from the young guy's past. One of the flashbacks I remember is that the guy had gone to his high school senior?! prom with the "girl of his dreams", and was humiliated there by the school bully - in front of everyone. You got the impression this event traumatized the guy so much that he later became a recluse.

The whole film somewhat reminded me somewhat of Polanski's classic 1960's film Repulsion, but with a guy instead of a woman...

2) The second was a low-budget thriller from around 2001 - I remember seeing the trailer in the theater, though never saw the film. It took place in the North Texas area, and involved a young guy getting into a serious argument/disagreement on the phone with a female customer service representative about something (don't remember what). He may have complained about her to management (again, not sure). In any case, after the original argument, she began terrorizing him over the phone & things got worse from there. Note I didn't actually see this film, just the trailer. I'm sure it was an extremely low-budget, obsucre, little-seen/little-known movie.

3) The third will be much more difficult to pin down, and is something I've mentioned before on this thread (though IIRC no one had any idea what it was at the time): In Fall 1984, I saw the very beginning of a sci-fi TV film (possibly even a theatrical film edited for TV) on network TV in the evening. The TV film/film was definitely from the '70's (or earlier), and involved a guy going to a parallel dimension/alternate reality where the UK was controlled by a totalitarian government whose soldiers were dressed in brown/tan uniforms. The only scene I remember is that the guy was being chased through a building, and was shot at by one of the soldiers - they missed, but reduced a wooden door to splinters.

Note this could also have been a TV mini-series.

Note this was not a Classic Star Trek episode, and it was also definitely not an episode of Dr. Who (though I've seen a Dr. Who series that was somewhat similar).

If anyone knows specifically what any of these are, please post here - I'd like to see them again. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 01-13-2015 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:53 PM   #903

Feb 2008
Sweden

Im searching for a sketch Comedy Movie from 2011-2013! I Think its farily low budget. The only thing i remember is that they look for a Movie that is supposed to exist...they look on the internet. And the sketches comes from the clips that they find when they look for it.

And somehow the mafia is involved aswell.

The name of the Movie im looking for has the same name as the Movie they look for on the internet.
"You know, we are sitting here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas. You do what you do, and I do what I gotta do. And now that we've been face to face, if I'm there and I gotta put you away, I won't like it. But I tell you, if it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're gonna turn into a widow, brother, you are going down."
Old 01-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #904

Dec 2012
Default direct to video movie?

for years this has plagued me and I havent been able to find the movie. All I remember is that there is a battle in a forest and the hero uses a bow that fires "energy arrows". This may be a straight to video movies from the 80's.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:49 AM   #905

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysenn View Post
for years this has plagued me and I havent been able to find the movie. All I remember is that there is a battle in a forest and the hero uses a bow that fires "energy arrows". This may be a straight to video movies from the 80's.
Was it animated? If so it could be the Dungeons & Dragons animated television series from 1984, there was a character who had an energy bow.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #906
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Ireland, Dublin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurred View Post
Im searching for a sketch Comedy Movie from 2011-2013! I Think its farily low budget. The only thing i remember is that they look for a Movie that is supposed to exist...they look on the internet. And the sketches comes from the clips that they find when they look for it.

The name of the Movie im looking for has the same name as the Movie they look for on the internet.
Sounds like you're talking about Movie 43
Proud member of the Blu Clan
(When not playing Destiny)

10% Luck, 20% Skill, 15% Concentrated Power of Will, 5% Pleasure, 50% Pain =
100% Reason to Remember the Name
Old 01-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #907
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Hey everyone - here are three films that some may be able to help me with:

1) The first was a fairly decent (but definitely obscure) horror film I saw on DVD several years ago - I believe the film was from the '90's or 200X's. It involved a reclusive 20-ish young guy living in a high-rise apartment by himself - I believe he was a writer/artist of some sort. He was visited at one point by another guy (a former High school classmate?!) & the visit involved the recluse's writing/artwork - I think. I remember the meeting took place on the roof of a restaurant/coffee place overloooking a large metropolis/city (possibly in the U.S. or Canada, not sure though).

There were several horrific "dream sequences" involving events from the young guy's past. One of the flashbacks I remember is that the guy had gone to his high school senior?! prom with the "girl of his dreams", and was humiliated there by the school bully - in front of everyone. You got the impression this event traumatized the guy so much that he later became a recluse.

The whole film somewhat reminded me somewhat of Polanski's classic 1960's film Repulsion, but with a guy instead of a woman...

2) The second was a low-budget thriller from around 2001 - I remember seeing the trailer in the theater, though never saw the film. It took place in the North Texas area, and involved a young guy getting into a serious argument/disagreement on the phone with a female customer service representative about something (don't remember what). He may have complained about her to management (again, not sure). In any case, after the original argument, she began terrorizing him over the phone & things got worse from there. Note I didn't actually see this film, just the trailer. I'm sure it was an extremely low-budget, obsucre, little-seen/little-known movie.

3) The third will be much more difficult to pin down, and is something I've mentioned before on this thread (though IIRC no one had any idea what it was at the time): In Fall 1984, I saw the very beginning of a sci-fi TV film (possibly even a theatrical film edited for TV) on network TV in the evening. The TV film/film was definitely from the '70's (or earlier), and involved a guy going to a parallel dimension/alternate reality where the UK was controlled by a totalitarian government whose soldiers were dressed in brown/tan uniforms. The only scene I remember is that the guy was being chased through a building, and was shot at by one of the soldiers - they missed, but reduced a wooden door to splinters.

Note this could also have been a TV mini-series.

Note this was not a Classic Star Trek episode, and it was also definitely not an episode of Dr. Who (though I've seen a Dr. Who series that was somewhat similar).

If anyone knows specifically what any of these are, please post here - I'd like to see them again. Thanks in advance.
The last one sounds a lot like 1984 it has a lot of similaritys to what your describing.
Every man Dies, not every man really lives.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #908
Special Member

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
The last one sounds a lot like 1984 it has a lot of similaritys to what your describing
Thanks for the input, but the 1984 film isn't what I saw. Since I saw this Tele-film?! in Fall 1984 on regular TV, I believe it was from the very early 1980's or more likely 1970's.

The 1984 film with John Hurt, though excellent, came out in the theater in 1984, and I know it wasn't playing on broadcast TV later that year; plus, the 1984 film didn't involve another dimension/alternate reality.

Thanks again for the input though - this inspires me to give 1984 another watch...definitely one of the best movie adaptations of a novel I've seen...

Last edited by AnamorphicWidescreen; 01-16-2015 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #909
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2012
Dayton, OH

I'm trying to recall a movie I saw on TV sometime in the mid to late 1970s. It could have been made for TV or just shown on TV. Anyway, the only scene I remember involved people in some kind of futuristic control room who start walking down this staircase which disappears into clouds or fog. When they reach the bottom it looks like they are on a train platform and it looks like they've traveled back in time to late 1880s or early 1900s.

The
BABADONKADONK
Old 01-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #910
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2010
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurred View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
Sounds like you're talking about Movie 43
yes, it's definitely Movie 43, but only the international version. The US version had a different story connecting all the sketches, one about a guy pitching ideas at a movie studio.
Here's a bunch of screenshots. The mafia guy was Fisher Stevens.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)

Last edited by cinemaphile; 01-16-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #911
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloggs View Post
Ok, I'm trying to find the name of a movie for which I saw a trailer maybe couple years ago...

There was a bunch of college kids/friends where they play a prank on one of them making her think that she killed one of the other girls and taking the body (she is alive) to dump it somewhere. At the place where they are going to dump the body the girl being pranked takes a big stone and bashes on the head of the girl pretending to be dead and so killing her for real. Then each member of the group starts getting killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwerk View Post
Started to sound like Tucker & Dale vs Evil, but not quite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkelley View Post
Perhaps, Sorority Row?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Idol View Post
This sounds familiar but dude, I just looked through my entire Netflix history - almost 10 years - and nothing struck a bell. So now I want to know, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Accountant View Post
It sounds a lot like Sorority Row, suggested by kpkelley, although it is a guy being pranked. The death scene is at 1 min in the trailer:
Sorority Row - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
Yes, I believe it's Sorority Row as well; good horror flick, and Carrie Fisher has a cameo as the den mother of the Sorority - which I found unintentionally hilarious
Totally forgot about this, but yes it is Sorority Row. Thank you all!!!
New is always bad! Never not be afraid - Grug Crood
Old 01-17-2015, 06:47 AM   #912

Jan 2015
Around
Default Help me with a 30 year forgotten movie

This 1 is a killer guys, I have for the last 5 years tried to find this movie I saw in the early 70's

All I remember, a team of 4 astronauts in a rocket type ship, not upright but length ways, landing on a ghost planet?
I always thought it was Mars, anyways, these 4 slowly get killed off, they are running out of oxygen, no this film is definitely not the Wizards of Mars

1 very distinct thing, there was 1 guy in a castle that I remember where he was being chased by a banshee, it scared the hell out of me

This movie was deff Ghost orientated, I can vaguely remember them all dying before the rescue ship came at the end

I saw this as a child and never again, the last 5 years I have researched as much as possible, seeing every other film in its place and i have thoroughly gone through the Wiki decade by decade

The only thing i can think of, maybe it was a Spaghetti Sci Fi made by the Italian studios, which is why I can't seem to find it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old Yesterday, 06:49 AM   #913

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleysenn View Post
I asked if anyone knew this film on another website and they suggested a television movie called The Archer: Fugitive From the Empire (1981).
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM   #914

Apr 2011
by the sea

Looking for an 80's/very early 90's film. Rented on vhs and was in video store when split second and tc2000 were similar in time. People went out in the woods to have paintball like game but seems like the rounds were replaced with true ammo. Female character went into outhouse in scene and character choked her or cut her throat. It was an older cast. People suggested master blaster but not that. Any help would've awesome

Also is there a good database of vhs box covers? I rented so many films that I can only recall box art for
Old Yesterday, 07:25 AM   #915

Oct 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalm_7 View Post
Looking for an 80's/very early 90's film. Rented on vhs and was in video store when split second and tc2000 were similar in time. People went out in the woods to have paintball like game but seems like the rounds were replaced with true ammo. Female character went into outhouse in scene and character choked her or cut her throat. It was an older cast. People suggested master blaster but not that. Any help would've awesome

Also is there a good database of vhs box covers? I rented so many films that I can only recall box art for
serialkillercalendar.com (VHS wasteland) has a nice selection of VHS box art.
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #916
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken 1997 View Post
This 1 is a killer guys, I have for the last 5 years tried to find this movie I saw in the early 70's

All I remember, a team of 4 astronauts in a rocket type ship, not upright but length ways, landing on a ghost planet?
I always thought it was Mars, anyways, these 4 slowly get killed off, they are running out of oxygen, no this film is definitely not the Wizards of Mars

1 very distinct thing, there was 1 guy in a castle that I remember where he was being chased by a banshee, it scared the hell out of me

This movie was deff Ghost orientated, I can vaguely remember them all dying before the rescue ship came at the end

I saw this as a child and never again, the last 5 years I have researched as much as possible, seeing every other film in its place and i have thoroughly gone through the Wiki decade by decade

The only thing i can think of, maybe it was a Spaghetti Sci Fi made by the Italian studios, which is why I can't seem to find it?

Know this probably isnt it but it sounds a lot like a Twilight Zone episode I watched not long ago.
Every man Dies, not every man really lives.
Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM   #917

Jan 2015
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.J. View Post
Know this probably isnt it but it sounds a lot like a Twilight Zone episode I watched not long ago.
Thx for the reply, but we never had TLZ shown during the day, when I was a kid, so I can rule this one out
I have the series on DVD, seen them all, its deff not this..
Old Today, 02:14 PM   #918
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2010
Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken 1997 View Post

I'm fairly certain this is not it, but I asked about this in another forum and someone suggested it might be Rocketship X-M. The full movie is on youtube. like I said, I'm pretty sure it's not right, but just passing on the suggestion so you can check it out.
The Official Movie Money/Movie Cash/Free Ticket Thread - first post always updated with all current promotions!

Don't use your UV/digital copy codes? Send them my way! I'll give them a good home!
:)
Old Today, 02:21 PM   #919

Jan 2015
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
I'm fairly certain this is not it, but I asked about this in another forum and someone suggested it might be Rocketship X-M. The full movie is on youtube. like I said, I'm pretty sure it's not right, but just passing on the suggestion so you can check it out.
Thx, will check it out, probably already have it lol...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies