Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$99.99
Justified: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$21.99
Edge of Tomorrow (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Boxtrolls (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Breaking Bad: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$84.99
Get on Up (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Rick and Morty: Season One (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Grimm: Season One (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Mad Men: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$10.00
The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
$14.99
22 Jump Street (Blu-ray)
$14.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #1001
Special Member

Jun 2011
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geode View Post
With Fox going to all the trouble to do a 4K restoration I would have hoped that they would release it themselves at a more reasonable price than Twilight Time will ask. Perhaps it is time to sell my TT copy and wait for the new one? If I have a hankering to watch the current, rather soft version I guess I could buy the Australian release and still be way ahead in terms of money even after buying a new version next year.
That's good news, the Blu-ray picture is nothing to write home about. I hope Fox release it, & while they're at it also release The Lost World 1960, in many ways a terrible movie, but I like it.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #1002

Jun 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Thailand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory View Post
Now would be the time to sell it because its value may drop once the news of this restoration is better known.
Yesterday I saw a copy on eBay close at $50...it would appear that the prices being gained are already going down.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 AM   #1003

May 2013
San Jose, California USA
USA Aussie version purchased from California

After reading the descriptions here of the Hollywood Gold Series Region B version being playable elsewhere, I ordered it through an Australian shop via eBay. With shipping to California and all, my total cost was a little less than $22 US. I ordered late at night my local time, and it arrived during the day 11 days later, which is completely reasonable. It played just fine on my Region A player (Panasonic DMP-BDT310), and it was delightful. It brought back great memories of seeing it in the theater in 1959 when it came out. I'm delighted to hear rumblings of a well-restored version planned for some time next year. Thanks to all of you who have been posting all this great information.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:50 PM   #1004
Expert Member

Oct 2009

Is this title known to not play on some blu-ray players? I sold mine on Amazon and the guy wants a refund because he claims it doesn't play. I checked it on my Oppo, LG, Panasonic and Sony players before shipping with no issues. I'm afraid he may have used me for a free rental or heard about the 4k restoration coming out soon.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-01-2015, 09:52 PM   #1005
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Monahan View Post
Is this title known to not play on some blu-ray players? I sold mine on Amazon and the guy wants a refund because he claims it doesn't play. I checked it on my Oppo, LG, Panasonic and Sony players before shipping with no issues. I'm afraid he may have used me for a free rental or heard about the 4k restoration coming out soon.

Thanks,
Tom
Some players seem to have issues with TT discs. If you can see if you can find out what player he has. If he wants a refund make sure he returns the disc before issuing said refund. Never know if he's trying to pull a fast one given this title is sold out regardless to it being re-released here in a few months.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:57 PM   #1006
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:

Thanks,
Tom
You can also charge at 50% restock fee
Old 01-01-2015, 10:34 PM   #1007

Dec 2014

Quote:

Thanks,
Tom
I have 5 or 6 TT titles and I've noticed on my Panasonic players that if you speed round the menus back and forth from one feature to another that TT discs can lock up requiring a reboot but I've never had any problems playing the movies .

Ask him what player he has . Make him work for his refund . He's probably just copied it. One of the problems of Amazon selling is that people can send them back within 30 days for no reason at all
Old 01-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #1008
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by youworkmen View Post
I have 5 or 6 TT titles and I've noticed on my Panasonic players that if you speed round the menus back and forth from one feature to another that TT discs can lock up requiring a reboot but I've never had any problems playing the movies .

Ask him what player he has . Make him work for his refund . He's probably just copied it. One of the problems of Amazon selling is that people can send them back within 30 days for no reason at all
And you can stick them with a 50% fee for doing it, you'll probably get negative feedback but that's just how it works
Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #1009

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikkbradd View Post
And you can stick them with a 50% fee for doing it, you'll probably get negative feedback but that's just how it works
Can you charge them a fee ? Surely they'll say the item is faulty then they won't have any problems sending it back.

I recently sold a 200 Bluray set and 2 hours after it arrived the guy asked to return it saying he's changed his mind.
He paid the return postage which is really all I could do to penalise him for wasting my time
Old 01-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #1010
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Ebay people are always out to scheme you. I sold one box set on there in mint condition and the guy told me it came with a ton of damage. I looked at his recent orders and he bought an advertised as damaged copy of the same thing, then switched them and asked me for a refund so he could get a mint copy at the damaged copy price. I pointed this out to Ebay and they said "yep that's what he did, but we can't do anything about it, you have to refund him."

They will always protect the buyer, no matter what, because without buyers you don't have a site.
Thanks given by:
monstermoviereviews (01-16-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 10:47 PM   #1011
Special Member

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Ebay people are always out to scheme you. I sold one box set on there in mint condition and the guy told me it came with a ton of damage. I looked at his recent orders and he bought an advertised as damaged copy of the same thing, then switched them and asked me for a refund so he could get a mint copy at the damaged copy price. I pointed this out to Ebay and they said "yep that's what he did, but we can't do anything about it, you have to refund him."

They will always protect the buyer, no matter what, because without buyers you don't have a site.
So did you give the seller negative? Just curious, because I'm currently in a similar type of situation with a seller. I've never given negative feedback before, but am very seriously contemplating it this time.

EDIT: Sorry ... I just realized that you were the seller above. Oops ... nevermind.
So many blurays, so little time.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:51 PM   #1012
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page14 View Post
So did you give the seller negative? Just curious, because I'm currently in a similar type of situation with a seller. I've never given negative feedback before, but am very seriously contemplating it this time.
I was the seller in that story, the buyer scammed me by switching what I sold him with a cheaper damaged copy.

Sellers can't give negative feedback anymore, I don't think. If you try to ebay just pushes you to resolve the situation in some way. Only thing that gets noted on a buyer's record is unpaid items, and that happens through ebay, not you writing feedback.
Thanks given by:
Page14 (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 11:01 PM   #1013
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by youworkmen View Post
Can you charge them a fee ? Surely they'll say the item is faulty then they won't have any problems sending it back.

I recently sold a 200 Bluray set and 2 hours after it arrived the guy asked to return it saying he's changed his mind.
He paid the return postage which is really all I could do to penalise him for wasting my time
you are entitled no matter what the reason to charge up to 50% restocking fee and not refund their shipping if they return any item for any reason. Now, with that being said they could open an A-Z claim against you and then try to either keep the item or get a full refund. They are really only suppose to open an A-Z claim in a few instances and not getting a full refund is not one of them. If their story changes they wont get their claim and they will be able to return the item to you and get 50% back, you will most likely get a negative. A lot of times Amazon will reimburse the buyer the amount you did not refund to make them happy since they care mostly about the buyer and not about the seller. The odd part is the seller is buying from you and not them , and the only money they are making is from the commission they charge you, so go figure it makes no sense.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:04 PM   #1014
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

In my experience all they have to do is say it's damaged and you have to fully refund them. They could even take a box-cutter to it if they wanted, take a pic, get their money back.

There's a reason every professional ebay seller refunds with no questions asked, it's easier than the inevitable issues that arise if you fight it.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:05 PM   #1015
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I was the seller in that story, the buyer scammed me by switching what I sold him with a cheaper damaged copy.

Sellers can't give negative feedback anymore, I don't think. If you try to ebay just pushes you to resolve the situation in some way. Only thing that gets noted on a buyer's record is unpaid items, and that happens through ebay, not you writing feedback.
What scum. I sure hope the buyer didn't get a refund.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #1016

Dec 2010

When does the pre-order for the new TT pressing go live? February?
Old 01-26-2015, 04:39 PM   #1017
Special Member

Sep 2011
Barrie, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol_Dut View Post
When does the pre-order for the new TT pressing go live? February?
it should go live late February maybe the 18th
Favorite Quote from Father Goose
Lieutenant Stebbings: Mother Goose is requesting a chaplain.
Commander Frank Houghton: A chaplain? Good heavens, he's killed her.
Lieutenant Stebbings: No, sir. They want to get married.
Commander Frank Houghton: Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast?
Thanks given by:
ol_Dut (01-26-2015)
Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #1018
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDeM View Post
it should go live late February maybe the 18th
Can't wait, I own the original release, hopefully the new release won't have the superior picture quality ruined by compression issues that some people are complaining about on the new Fright Night release.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America