Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Black Panther (Blu-ray)
€19.99

Ferdinand (Blu-ray)
€15.00

Sleepless (Blu-ray)
€9.99
22 hrs ago
Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.36

Coffret Nolan 7 films Edition 4K : (Blu-ray)
€104.99

The Greatest Showman 4K (Blu-ray)
€24.55

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D (Blu-ray)
€15.00

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Blu-ray)
€14.99

The Last Ship: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
€7.23

Picnic (Blu-ray)
€8.00

Cars 3 (Blu-ray)
€14.00

The Avengers: Season 5 (Blu-ray)
€35.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 03-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #1

Oct 2009
France What's wrong with Amazon.fr?

I've tried to place two orders in a row, and both were returned back to Amazon.fr within a couple of weeks and I was refunded. Is anyone else having a problem getting orders to ship to the U.S. from there? It really sucks, I have giftcard credit there but am worried that I now won't be able to use it.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009

Yes, I actually had the same thing happen to me earlier this year. I placed an order with the cheapest shipping option, and it got returned 3 times in a row - and I've never before had any problem with any of the European services from Amazon.

The solution was simple: upgrade the shipping, which was only slightly more expensive. (This was at the suggestion of someone on these forums). Once I upgraded the shipping option, I promptly received my order.

There are different shipping companies delivering amazon.fr orders, depending on which option you select, and for some reason the ones with the least expensive shipping are royally screwing things up, apparently they send stuff to UK customs for some strange reason.

I'm surprised this is still going on, but I suggest you try what I did and hopefully that will work.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBonnet View Post
There are different shipping companies delivering amazon.fr orders, depending on which option you select, and for some reason the ones with the least expensive shipping are royally screwing things up, apparently they send stuff to UK customs for some strange reason.
This is indeed true. Orders sent with the "supersaver" shipping option (which is the least expensive one) are sent to the UK and then redirected to the U.S.

For some strange reason - most likely some illiterate workers who cannot figure out that Etats-Unis d'Amérique means United States of America - a lot of packages are rejected as undeliverable from a company in the UK that handles product on behalf of Amazon.fr. How do I know? I assume that this is the case because I had a package returned to France that was obviously relabeled (in English) and sent back after I had a rather lengthy exchange of emails with some gentleman from Amazon.fr. This is one of the most bizarre experiences I've had in a very long time. I have now sent numerous emails to Amazon.fr to alert them about the issue, but it seems like the only way to be absolutely certain that a rejection is avoided in the UK is to select the slightly more expensive shipping option (which is also faster).

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-21-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
Power Member

Oct 2008

I don't remember the exact phrase, but my order was returned due to a "non-existent" address. When I looked into the details someone on Amazon's side of the transaction, either Amazon or their shipper, decided they like my state abbreviated slightly different than the norm, still a legit state abbreviation, just not my state. So I had to go through the extra effort of re-placing my order at a higher price and now that it has arrived, have to request my refund for the difference in price.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Banned

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
This is indeed true. Orders sent with the "supersaver" shipping option (which is the least expensive one) are sent to the UK and then redirected to the U.S.Pro-B
I frequently order from Amazon UK, and also Amazon FR. I had never had any real problem with deliveries until December of 2010. At that time, I had a couple of orders from Amazon FR returned undelivered and refunded. I also started having completely erratic problems with Amazon UK deliveries, some would arrive in ten days, some not for two months. Some never arrived at all, or were returned, and had to be refunded.

Amazon UK stated to me, more than once, in email, that this was due to increased heavy security measures and package screening being done by the US against parcels from overseas, after the "printer toner bomb" in late November.

In any case, delivery has improved, a bit, but is still very erratic. Although Amazon UK's delivery charges for discs are very reasonable, Amazon FR charges as though Carla Bruni Sarkozy and Juliet Binoche are personally bringing the discs and will suck my toes and wash my car topless while I watch the films. To have a disc sent at such high cost, and then have it vanish is, of course, frustrating. Maybe even more frustrating than if it were delivered by the ladies themselves.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
Special Member

Apr 2008
St. Paul, MN
Send a message via Skype™ to rich_adamson

I had this exact thing happen to me with 10 orders in November/ December of 2010. I switched to using the Express shipping, and it all works fine now. I know its more expensive, but actually, if you are ordering multiple items, it works out to be pretty similar. I will agree however that it is the most shambolic shipping practice I have ever encountered, and thats saying something considering the Amazon UK (Royal Mail) crap that happened last Christmas/January.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:24 AM   #7

May 2009

Wow, I thought it was just me. On February 28 I placed an order for two movies that was returned as "undeliverable". I wrote asking why but no one could give me a reason. On March 10 I placed the order again, using the same address. The items were shipped separately (for whatever reason), one of them was, again, returned as "undeliverable", but the other one I just received. Why one made it through but not the other I have no idea.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #8
Banned

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinhank View Post
Wow, I thought it was just me. On February 28 I placed an order for two movies that was returned as "undeliverable". I wrote asking why but no one could give me a reason. On March 10 I placed the order again, using the same address. The items were shipped separately (for whatever reason), one of them was, again, returned as "undeliverable", but the other one I just received. Why one made it through but not the other I have no idea.
Were either of the titles explosive, toxic, flammable or radioactive?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:23 AM   #9
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS_Blu View Post
I don't remember the exact phrase, but my order was returned due to a "non-existent" address. When I looked into the details someone on Amazon's side of the transaction, either Amazon or their shipper, decided they like my state abbreviated slightly different than the norm, still a legit state abbreviation, just not my state. So I had to go through the extra effort of re-placing my order at a higher price and now that it has arrived, have to request my refund for the difference in price.
Depending on how you look at it, your address could be a "non-existent" address ... at least for the UK.

I had packages shipped by DHL returned to Amazon.fr too. It appears both DHL and the UK can't spot the error and redirect the packages to the correct location.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #10
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

TJS_Blu,

If you use the slightly more expensive shipping option, packages arrive in the U.S. in about 4-5 days. I recently bought two books about Goya and both arrived in exactly 4 days. You will have to sign on delivery, though.

Pro-B
Old 03-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Power Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak
Depending on how you look at it, your address could be a "non-existent" address ... at least for the UK.
It was a non-existent address. Either Amazon.fr or their carrier changed the state abbreviation, imagine trying to deliver a package to Montreal, Saskatchewan or Houston, Tennessee or Southhampton, Yorkshire...get it?

ProB, yeah, my first and only problem pre-dates this thread and I did get the package without paying extra, far from a flawless transaction, but I'll keep your suggestion in mind.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
Banned

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS_Blu View Post
It was a non-existent address. Either Amazon.fr or their carrier changed the state abbreviation, imagine trying to deliver a package to Montreal, Saskatchewan or Houston, Tennessee or Southhampton, Yorkshire...get it?
A long time ago in a universe far away, when I was college age and living in London, I went to the post office to mail a letter home to Texas. As I let go of the envelope and it fell into the slot I realized, to my horror, that I had left the country name "USA" off the address. Concerned, I stood in line and, finally reached the window. I explained my problem, and the man behind the counter asked me were it was going. "To Texas..." I said. He looked at me, with the acidic boredom that the English are so famous for and dryly said: "Well, Sir, there is only one Texas..."

Somehow, today, I have a feeling the envelope would have been returned to me by the system. Computers, of course, don't know that there is only one Texas.... It might have been Texas, Uganda, or Texas, France...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 PM   #13
Special Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

I hope this won't happen to me, I'm from Canada and waiting an order from them.. I chose the cheapest shipping option...
Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2007
...somewhere in Sweden
-

the UK shipping still seems messed up to some extent.
I still haven't received my Brighton Rock blu-ray from amazon, but have received other orders placed after that one shipped.
it all just makes no sense and is very frustrating.
all items were single discs so there should have been no difference.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #15

Nov 2010

So frustrating! I had the same issue. I ordered a few blu's on a single order that was supposed to be shipped as one package from Amazon.fr. A couple of them arrived but Elephant Man was returned and refunded! Of course, Elephant Man was the one I really wanted too.

To top things off, "La Haine" was one of the titles I received and it turned out that they sent the REGION B LOCKED UK version unlike the region free version showcased in our forum's International France Region-FREE sticky thread.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #16
Expert Member

Feb 2009
Serbia&Montenegro

The same thing happened with Amazon.it but I strongly suspect that these discs were sent from France.
I ordered several French discs at Amazon.it. I got shipping confirmation mail on 22th of December and order update mail on 28th that the order is undeliverable. I have ordered almost the same titles again and they arrived as usual but they were shipped from Germany?!

Last edited by djvaso; 03-28-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #17
Expert Member

Oct 2008
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by discking View Post
I had never had any real problem with deliveries until December of 2010.
Isn't this when HDNL took over delivering parcels for Amazon Supersaver? They are crap even for UK deliveries lol.

As others said OP, upgrade shipping
Pre-Ordered: Bond 50 | The Artist | The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn
Old 03-29-2011, 06:47 PM   #18
Blu-ray reviewer

Jul 2007
X
-
-

Indeed. Upgrade the shipping, problem solved.

Pro-B
Old 03-30-2011, 10:47 AM   #19
Banned

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Indeed. Upgrade the shipping, problem solved.

Pro-B

Gawd darn it !#!$!%!^!&!^!$!#!#!~!!!!

It happened again. AMAZON FR just emailed me to say another package had been returned to them as non deliverable... WTF!? As for upgrading, the charges are already excessive... I refuse to pay an additional ten Euros for the "expedited" shipping on top of shipping that is already ten Euros more than it should be... No way a package with two discs should cost more than five Euros (not 22!!!!!) to send to the US...

Last edited by discking; 03-30-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #20

Dec 2010
MA, USA

Same for me

Yes, no way I am paying extra for upgraded shipping. I did not want these titles that badly anyway.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France