Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Home Alone Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Lost After Dark (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$49.48
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$89.98
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$32.39
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #2961

Jul 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Does anyone know where I can purchase the 'The Fantastic Films Of Ray Harryhausen' Blu-ray Set released on 8/19 from Australia? I looked on Amazon Australia and can't find a pre-order link. Thanks!
Old 08-07-2015, 04:13 PM   #2962
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by grking View Post
Does anyone know where I can purchase the 'The Fantastic Films Of Ray Harryhausen' Blu-ray Set released on 8/19 from Australia? I looked on Amazon Australia and can't find a pre-order link. Thanks!
You can purchase it from here:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...en-the/725697/

Btw, there is no proper Amazon Australia, all that is sold by Amazon's Australian division is eBooks
Setup:
Panasonic th-p65vt60a tv, Sony str-da5300es avr/pre-amp, Emotiva xpa-2 & xpa-5 amps, Dali Concept: 10 (fronts) 2 (rears x4) & centre speakers, 2x SVS pb13-ultra subwoofers, Oppo bdp-105 Blu-ray player/DAC (multi-region), Onkyo c-s5vl sacd player, Panasonic dmr-bwt835 1tb hdd/Blu-ray recorder, Xbox One & 360 250gb s, Sony PS4 & PS3 60gb, Cyron lighting & htw1000 controller, Samsung s2 1tb hdd, SurgeX sx1210rli surge protector/power conditioner x3, Logitech Harmony ultimate remote + hub
Thanks given by:
grking (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #2963

Jul 2015
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
You can purchase it from here:

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...en-the/725697/

Btw, there is no proper Amazon Australia, all that is sold by Amazon's Australian division is eBooks
ahh to go know re: "Amazon" Australis

btw have you shopped at JB Hifi before? Looking at its online store ratings, it seems there spotty with international shipping.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:01 AM   #2964

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by drouyn View Post
Interestingly, I see that the 'extended cut' of Spy has pushed the rating up to R 18+.
Noticed a few online sites have started pre-orders for Spy and no mention of the "R" Extended Cut. So I rechecked the OFLC site and after the Extended Cut was classified "R" on 31st July for High Impact Nudity there has since been a new entry as of 12th August listed as "Spy - Blu Ray - Australian Version" that no longer has High Impact Nudity as is rated "MA". So it looks like Fox went the censor route to avoid the "R"
Old 08-21-2015, 02:12 AM   #2965

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer View Post
Noticed a few online sites have started pre-orders for Spy and no mention of the "R" Extended Cut. So I rechecked the OFLC site and after the Extended Cut was classified "R" on 31st July for High Impact Nudity there has since been a new entry as of 12th August listed as "Spy - Blu Ray - Australian Version" that no longer has High Impact Nudity as is rated "MA". So it looks like Fox went the censor route to avoid the "R"
Yeah, I saw that too - would the R classification really make that much difference on home video? I can understand avoiding it in the cinema, but seems unnecessary for home viewing.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:36 AM   #2966

Jul 2013
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by drouyn View Post
Yeah, I saw that too - would the R classification really make that much difference on home video? I can understand avoiding it in the cinema, but seems unnecessary for home viewing.
I covered this here...

https://www.facebook.com/MediaCensor...68809106561632

Quote:
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment has responded to their SPY - EXTENDED VERSION being classified R 18+ (High impact nudity) by producing a third version. SPY - BLURAY - AUSTRALIAN VERSION was classified MA 15+ (Strong coarse language, violence, sexual references and brief nudity) on the 12th of August via DVD media.

While it has tamed the R 18+ nudity (perhaps an erect penis), the sex level has migrated to strong impact. This implies some or most of the additional extended version sex content has been retained.

The up-shot is that the so-called "Australian Version" Blu-ray from Fox has been censored for the local marketplace. Will the extended version also be released? It's doubtful.
Thanks given by:
Gaffer (08-21-2015)
Old 08-21-2015, 03:59 AM   #2967

May 2009
New Zealand

I won't be buying the local version then. I refuse to buy something that has been censored for our market. I don't care how small of a shot it is.
"Struck by Lightening and bitten by a Cobra"
Old 08-21-2015, 06:46 AM   #2968

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordCrumb View Post
I won't be buying the local version then. I refuse to buy something that has been censored for our market. I don't care how small of a shot it is.
Well just saw on JB's website they have the Extended Cut (Blu ray only) now listed as an Exclusive and they do quote in the details an "R" rating (temp art doesn't have the ratings logo yet). So it looks possible there will be an uncensored "R" version at JB and the "MA Australian Version" will be everywhere else.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #2969

May 2013

Quote:
Well just saw on JB's website they have the Extended Cut (Blu ray only) now listed as an Exclusive and they do quote in the details an "R" rating (temp art doesn't have the ratings logo yet). So it looks possible there will be an uncensored "R" version at JB and the "MA Australian Version" will be everywhere else.
If I can't get the uncut version here, I'll buy overseas!

Didn't even realise that it had been censored for the cinema. If I had known I would not have seen it.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:49 PM   #2970
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peg View Post
If I can't get the uncut version here, I'll buy overseas!

Didn't even realise that it had been censored for the cinema. If I had known I would not have seen it.
I believe the uncensored version is just for the extended blu-ray and nothing was censored for its cinema release?
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
Old 08-21-2015, 10:27 PM   #2971

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
I believe the uncensored version is just for the extended blu-ray and nothing was censored for its cinema release?
You're right it wasn't cut for our cinema release. We got the same theatrical release as the U.S. But as happens they want to resell it with something new and different for home release and they add footage and call it "Extended Cut" or in US "Unrated." As the film had a U.S "R" rating theatrically which normally equates in most cases to an "MA" rating here, the Unrated U.S version this time pushed it up to an "R" Australian rating due to a moment of "High Level Nudity." The same thing happened to the original "Hangover" film - the extended blu ray release got an "R" rating simply because of a shot of a penis during the photo montage over the end credits!!
Old 08-23-2015, 11:03 AM   #2972

Jul 2013
Melbourne

Quote:
You're right it wasn't cut for our cinema release. We got the same theatrical release as the U.S. But as happens they want to resell it with something new and different for home release and they add footage and call it "Extended Cut" or in US "Unrated." As the film had a U.S "R" rating theatrically which normally equates in most cases to an "MA" rating here, the Unrated U.S version this time pushed it up to an "R" Australian rating due to a moment of "High Level Nudity." The same thing happened to the original "Hangover" film - the extended blu ray release got an "R" rating simply because of a shot of a penis during the photo montage over the end credits!!
You're right. It's a subtle difference, but I also think that's what happened.

Extra content can be included in extended versions or director's cuts that was not removed to get a rating or classification. It's just material that was cut during the editing processes and put back in, i.e. before it was submitted to the local ratings board, e.g. in the US it's the MPAA (actually, CARA does the ratings).
Old 08-23-2015, 04:05 PM   #2973
Expert Member

May 2014

Looking to Buy The Walking Dead season 5 Blu-ray any Customs friendly retailer ? how is EvyDVD ?
Old 08-26-2015, 07:52 AM   #2974
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2014
Melbourne Australia

Will The World According to Garp get a local blu release?
Kim: You see, before he came down here, it never snowed. And afterwards, it did. If he weren't up there now... I don't think it would be snowing. Sometimes you can still catch me dancing in it.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #2975

Jun 2010
Melbourne, Australia

The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies Extended and Hobbit Trilogy Extended 18th November

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/hob...169442#bc=16f0

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/hob...169438#bc=5ccf
Old 08-26-2015, 08:36 AM   #2976

Jun 2010
Melbourne, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLG1962 View Post
Will The World According to Garp get a local blu release?
I don't think Warner Archive have ever had a release outside of the US. Apart from Spanish bootlegs, shame they do a fantastic transfers.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #2977

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgfs View Post
I don't think Warner Archive have ever had a release outside of the US. Apart from Spanish bootlegs, shame they do a fantastic transfers.
Though the Warner Archive Blu Rays are almost always Region Free.
Thanks given by:
hdgfs (08-26-2015)
Old Yesterday, 04:11 AM   #2978

Jul 2013
Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdgfs View Post
The Hobbit: Battle of the 5 Armies Extended and Hobbit Trilogy Extended 18th November

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/hob...169442#bc=16f0

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/blu-ray/hob...169438#bc=5ccf
Extended, and with violence restored that was removed to get a US PG-13 rating, i.e. this is Jackson's original US R version with added/extended scenes.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 AM   #2979
Expert Member

Sep 2012
Sydney Australia

I can't wait to own the final extended edition of The Hobbit Trilogy. I want it to be stored in a box set that matches Lord of the Rings Extended Edition.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia