Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Walking Dead: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$68.99
Mad Max Anthology (Blu-ray)
$49.98
Ghost in the Shell: Arise: Borders 3 & 4 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Home Alone Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Lost After Dark (Blu-ray)
$9.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$49.48
Star Wars: Rebels - Complete Season One (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$89.98
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Blu-ray)
$32.39
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #681
Banned

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykol Gantt View Post
But you still somehow manage to be a troll anyway
Calling someone a troll just because they disagree with your view is the last hurrah from people who don't have any answer to the comments
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM   #682
Banned

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddbox83 View Post
No, he makes a good point. ditcin may be the local expert when it comes to the machinations at A&E but what's he's saying about specifically the UK side of things is quite at odds with what I know and have read elsewhere. I'm not going to argue though.
No - best not argue otherwise you'll be called a troll too
Old Yesterday, 09:56 AM   #683
Banned

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditcin View Post
At one point during the change over it was considered that Granada was going to sell off the I.T. C. product.
Not a chance. Unless you are referring to US rights.
Carlton had spent many years acquiring catalogues of material in order to fill their proposed channels and to market on home video.
Around the time of the merger ITV were already planning to launch new channels and it was not long after the merger that ITV3 and ITV4 launched with the remit of airing ITV's archive material and ITV4 launched by airing every single one hour non Anderson ITC show ( bar The Baron).
Having been beaten in trying to launch their own pay network they joined in with the existing pay tv market and were fully aware that content is king and that owning product was the key.
ITV were already in negotiations with Network for home video releases and that deal started in 2005 and most certainly would have been unlikely to go ahead at the time without ITC product which , at the time, would have been a key list of content for Network to bring to dvd
Old Yesterday, 09:58 AM   #684
Banned

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar3o View Post
Ditcin has proven over and over again to be a wealth of information regarding Space:1999. I'm not saying he is an expert, but he certainly has a vast amount of experience working on the series for home video release, from the VHS releases all the way through to the DVDs. He recorded commentaries, offered access to his collection of merchandise for the series, and is very knowledgeable about the technical details regarding the remasters and the various home video releases. I think I will trust his word over a random internet forum poster, no offense.
Knowing a bit of background over the US home video release of Space 1999 is a very long way from having any knowledge about ITV as a whole, specially when he is in the US and I am in the UK
Old Yesterday, 09:59 AM   #685
Banned

Aug 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Darren View Post
Sad to see a couple of unpleasant and obnoxious trolls have infested the last few pages of this great thread.
Oh what's the matter ? Can't you handle the alternate viewpoint offering up some facts?
Having an acquaintance that was actually involved in getting ITC product released on dvd and working at Carlton ( in the UK) is actually a reliable source of information.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 AM   #686
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminycricket View Post
Oh what's the matter ? Can't you handle the alternate viewpoint offering up some facts?
Having an acquaintance that was actually involved in getting ITC product released on dvd and working at Carlton ( in the UK) is actually a reliable source of information.
Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM   #687
Banned

Aug 2015

Quote:
Quote:
Obviously you can't.
Sorry if accuracy is not your thing but being in the UK does have it's advantages.
But this doesn't really have much to do with Networks new restoration of Year 2 so I'll refrain from adding any more factual info and let you get back to your hearsay as it seems to keep you happy.
What is certain is that there is no US release in sight at the moment and this UK set will be Region B locked
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #688
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Quote:
Obviously you can't.
Sorry if accuracy is not your thing but being in the UK does have it's advantages.
But this doesn't really have much to do with Networks new restoration of Year 2 so I'll refrain from adding any more factual info and let you get back to your hearsay as it seems to keep you happy.
What is certain is that there is no US release in sight at the moment and this UK set will be Region B locked
Cool story bro
Old Today, 01:24 AM   #689
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

Quote:
Well, every thread has at least one. At least now we know who they are in this thread.
Old Today, 01:31 AM   #690
Super Moderator

Jul 2007
Edo, Land of the Samurai

Quote:
Yeah, troll and ban dodger .
Old Today, 10:28 AM   #691

Jul 2011
Tampa FL area

Just bring the new BD of Year 2 to the U.S. for sale. I sure as heck don't want to buy a hacked BD player or hack one of mine just to see this new set.
Panasonic 60vt60
Pioneer EliteSC61- Pioneer Elite DV-59AVI
Pioneer Elite 05FD
Pioneer 51FD
2 OPPO83'S Two S-VHS vcr's
SVS SB12 NSD
Paradigm 490cc
B&W CM10 S2's Acurus 200x3
Old Today, 11:22 AM   #692

Jun 2011

Speaking of Space: 1999 being aired in bad condition - One time I was watching "The Last Sunset" and actually audio recording it when it suddenly changed to a scene from "Space Brain" for the next few minutes and then back to the original episode a few minutes later.

A channel in NY city )(11 or 13) aired Space:1999 in the early AM. Not only were the copies aired completely green tinted but they were often heavily edited. I clocked in one episode at 30 minutes one time.

Anyone have any idea why Season 1 was released region free by Network but not season 2? I have a region free player now but am still curious.
Old Today, 11:44 AM   #693
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokp View Post
Speaking of Space: 1999 being aired in bad condition - One time I was watching "The Last Sunset" and actually audio recording it when it suddenly changed to a scene from "Space Brain" for the next few minutes and then back to the original episode a few minutes later.

A channel in NY city )(11 or 13) aired Space:1999 in the early AM. Not only were the copies aired completely green tinted but they were often heavily edited. I clocked in one episode at 30 minutes one time.

Anyone have any idea why Season 1 was released region free by Network but not season 2? I have a region free player now but am still curious.
Well it was 5 years ago, policies change.

Last edited by Indiana Jones; Today at 03:02 PM.
Old Today, 12:04 PM   #694
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadokp View Post
It makes you wonder why people even watch TV anymore...

Reminds me of how back in the day a 1 hr show actually gave you 54 minutes of ACTUAL SHOW.
Old Today, 03:21 PM   #695

Mar 2011

Quote:
Reminds me of how back in the day a 1 hr show actually gave you 54 minutes of ACTUAL SHOW.
Yeah, I think a prime-time network hour-long program now only lasts somewhere around 43-45 minutes. And some daytime programming only has about 30-32 minutes of actual show for every hour of air-time.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
space 1999