COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dark Knight Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$38.99
Man of Steel Exclusive Action Figure Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$31.99
My Week with Marilyn (Blu-ray)
$7.79
Hidden Kingdoms (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 6 (Blu-ray)
$63.65
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$22.99
3 Days to Kill (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Longmire: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Breaking Bad: The Final Season (Blu-ray)
$20.98
Tourist Trap (Blu-ray)
$10.22
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Flatliners (Blu-ray)
$5.19
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$27.26

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #2021
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Gal...+Galactica+blu

This is the most complete release.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #2022
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesenator View Post
I'm trying to decide between two versions. The first is the American version released in 2010 in the Silver Box. The other was released in 2011 (might be a British version I'm unsure), and I believe it comes in a blue box. I know that the second version doesn't include The Plan and has different packaging, but are there any other differences? Do they have all the same special features?

UK BSG Complete

If this is the second set you are looking at then it is pretty much identical to the US release linked in Indiana Jones post. The only real difference is The Plan is not included in the UK set, but that can be bought for $5 routinely.

The UK set is Region Free and has every extra and extended edition that the US set has. Many people like the Amaray cases in the UK set better than the packaging in the US set.

Historically the UK set has been available for as less than $45 during Holiday sales and depending on the exchange rate (nowhere close to that now however). The US set has rarely dropped below $80.

If I was starting from scratch I'd buy the UK set and get The Plan separately.

The only significant things missing from both sets are the 2nd set of Webisodes (Face of the Enemy) and Blood and Chrome. Apparently the Webisodes have finally made it to some re-released sets of Season 4 (Japan confirmed and someone said Germany). Blood and Chrome was recently around $5 from some retailer.

Caprica has yet to be released on Bluray in the US though was released in France [edit] Region Free, but 50Hz

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-30-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:37 PM   #2023

Feb 2008

Just binged watched the entire series over the last two weeks... had never seen is before.

It was excellent. The ending threw me a little, but nonetheless, I now consider it my second favorite sci fi series after ST:TNG.

I liked Katee Sackhoff so much as Starbuck, that I'm now watching Longmire.

If Ronald Moore could be a story editor for a new Trek series and bring the same style long story arcs and grim plot lines to it, then that would be alright with me.

Gods Damn It.
Thanks given by:
Lionel Horsepackage (06-30-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 11:54 PM   #2024

Aug 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post

Caprica has yet to be released on Bluray in the US though was released in a REgion B locked French set.

Just as a clarification the set is not technically Region B locked, but it is in 50Hz, this is where viewers in the US will have issues, so a region A player that can convert 50Hz to 60 Hz will play this. I have it, and my Oppo BDP-93 plays it fine.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:04 AM   #2025
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordy475 View Post
Just as a clarification the set is not technically Region B locked, but it is in 50Hz, this is where viewers in the US will have issues, so a region A player that can convert 50Hz to 60 Hz will play this. I have it, and my Oppo BDP-93 plays it fine.
Thanks -- will correct my post. That's what I get from doing things by memory and just looking at the Bluray.com listing instead of reading the Caprica thread in the international forum I'm a bit surprised that Bluray.com still has it listed as Region B locked.

Somehow I missed the group buy that was made a couple years ago. I think I'm one of the few who actually found Caprica
interesting and unique. I wish they would have let it play out. I enjoyed the non action character driven shows.

I thought the episode "Unfinished Business" in BSG was incredibly enjoyable and was just floored by how many people just hated it.
The Filler shows were as interesting to me as the action episodes where 'something happened.'

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-30-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #2026
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010

Speaking of: The UK Complete set just dropped in price I'm assuming fro some sale. Available for around $60 shipped right now if you have a Foreign Transaction fee free CC. It's not the alltime lowest, but it;s a nice price point.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:22 PM   #2027
Expert Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havenbull View Post
Just binged watched the entire series over the last two weeks... had never seen is before.

It was excellent. The ending threw me a little, but nonetheless, I now consider it my second favorite sci fi series after ST:TNG.

I liked Katee Sackhoff so much as Starbuck, that I'm now watching Longmire.

If Ronald Moore could be a story editor for a new Trek series and bring the same style long story arcs and grim plot lines to it, then that would be alright with me.

Gods Damn It.
I liked it but I thought they were going way to far out of the established reality in the last two seasons. It reminded me of a fan fiction ending I read for Stargate Universe.
Want to trade Pianist Full Slip #20/1500 for the Pianist Lenticular package. I only have the slip, Booklet, and the sealed Steel.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=242283
Old 07-16-2014, 02:29 PM   #2028
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderAE View Post
I'm onto Season 3 disc one, and have noticed a peculiar effect during the episodes. In certain scenes, there is a strange pulsing to the image, like a repeated brightness increase for a split-second.

Anyone else found this?
I didn't notice it on my old 720p TV, but I recently bought a new 1080p TV and I notice the pulsing effect now. Turning off Dynamic Contrast doesn't get rid of it, so that obviously isn't the cause. The only way to get rid of it is if I set the DNR on my TV to ON or set the Blu-ray player resolution to 720p. Very odd why this effect only happens in 1080p with DNR off. And this only happens in Seasons 3 and 4, not on Seasons 1 and 2.
TV: Samsung UN32EH5000
Blu-ray Player: Sony BDP-S360
DVD Player & Recorder: Sony DVP-NS77H & Toshiba DR430
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR509
Front: Polk Audio Monitor30 Series II
Center: Polk Audio CS1 Series II
Surrounds: Dayton Audio B652
Subwoofer: Boston Acoustics CSSUB10B
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America