Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Jurassic Park Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
6 hrs ago
The Avengers 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.22
16 hrs ago
The Foreigner (Blu-ray)
$10.99
6 hrs ago
Atomic Blonde (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Sicario (Blu-ray)
$4.00

I, Tonya (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
Darkest Hour (Blu-ray)
$9.99
6 hrs ago
12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$29.33

Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Supergirl: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.13
15 hrs ago
Den of Thieves (Blu-ray)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > New Display Technologies

Old 11-08-2017, 04:21 AM   #1
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Berkeley, Ca
Default How good is the LG OLED B7/C7 series in a bright atmosphere?

I'm dead set on getting an OLED, but when I was looking at the displays at Best Buy one of their employees was saying that the current year's model doesn't have that bright of a picture. Since I use tv sets to watch basic television, dvd/bluray movies, have my computer plugged in to it as a second monitor, etc, I'll be watching a lot of stuff with an overhead light on (or in most cases a lamp on).

Are the 7-series this year bad enough that I should wait for next year's model (which said Best Buy employee told me would be increasing the brightness), or would getting a B7/C7 model be fine?

I guess I should mention that I'm looking more at the visual positives of an OLED screen and not much else. I can only watch things using the included speakers with the screen, I don't have many subscriptions to streaming services and won't need it to include software, and I don't have a 4k player (yet). This would only be future proofing for me since I need a tv now AND 99.8% of my movie collection is on bluray and dvd.

Thanks!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Display Theory and Discussion > New Display Technologies