COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$91.99
Y Tu Mamá También (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Okami-San & Her Seven Companions: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
The Other Woman (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled (Blu-ray)
$119.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Sons of Anarchy: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Archer: The Complete Season Three (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Demons 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.46
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Dream Theater: Breaking the Fourth Wall (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Fargo: Season One (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Moms' Night Out (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Draft Day (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 08-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #2321
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
KY

The ep where Ross wore leather pants and the ep where Ross says pivot has got to be 2 of the top lol moments on the show. I almost cried from laughing so hard.
Challengers to our belts: if you want some, come get some!!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:38 AM   #2322
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010
Miami Lakes, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post
The ep where Ross wore leather pants and the ep where Ross says pivot has got to be 2 of the top lol moments on the show. I almost cried from laughing so hard.

These are two of my favorites. It's probably the hardest I've laughed ever
"I am The Hague."

15 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) The Empire Strikes Back 4) Pulp Fiction 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Jurassic Park 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Star Wars 12) Jaws 13) Shaun of the Dead 14) Singin' in the Rain 15) Taxi Driver
Thanks given by:
MD-Blu (08-21-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 12:56 AM   #2323
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post

Right there with you ha! Love those two episodes. Also "The One Where Everybody Finds Out"! Absolutely hilarious. Especially the scenes between Phoebe and Chandler "Hello Mr.Bicep" lol.
Samsung UN55C8000 55" 1080p 240hz 3D LED
BenQ W1070 1080P 3D Home Theater Projector
Elite Screens - M106UWH 106" Projector Screen
Playstation 3 PSN-BIG_V-G-V
Playstation 4 PSN-Makaveli7_TheDon
Old 08-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #2324

Sep 2012
New Castle, DE

I caved in with the DVD set at Best Buy today. It was on sale for $84. There was a TV deal going on if you purchased The Amazing Spider-Man 2 there @ Best Buy it would knock the TV purchases down. Well I got the DVD set for $64. Not bad, I remember watching this series years ago every now and then and would chuckle at the episodes. I didn't really sit through all the seasons (hence the reason I purchased the set) but now is a perfect opportunity to dive in and bring back memories of some of the episodes I watched and the ones I didn't.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:11 AM   #2325
Power Member

Apr 2011

I was on the fence about it, and then I totally forgot about the deal last Friday!

Oh, well. Hopefully it will reach a similar pricepoint again in the future. Honestly, even the current price isn't bad at $11 per season. But I'm in no rush, so I can wait.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 AM   #2326

Jul 2008
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruistopher View Post
Well I got the DVD set for $64.
Why the dvds and not the blu-ray set? The dvds have horrible video quality.
The only positive side is that they contain the extended edition of the episodes.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #2327
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruistopher View Post
I caved in with the DVD set at Best Buy today. It was on sale for $84. There was a TV deal going on if you purchased The Amazing Spider-Man 2 there @ Best Buy it would knock the TV purchases down. Well I got the DVD set for $64. Not bad, I remember watching this series years ago every now and then and would chuckle at the episodes. I didn't really sit through all the seasons (hence the reason I purchased the set) but now is a perfect opportunity to dive in and bring back memories of some of the episodes I watched and the ones I didn't.
The Blu-ray set was 87$ on Amazon a few days ago. The DVDs have awful transfers. You, my friend, got ripped off. are all the seasons in the dvd set even 16:9?
MY SET-UP:

Panasonic P55VT65 3D Plasma TV/Onkyo 5.1/Samsung BD-F6500 3D Region B Blu-ray player/LG BD-611 Region Free Blu-ray player

Robin Williams: 1951-2014 - Rest in Peace
Old 08-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #2328

Sep 2012
New Castle, DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by winoni71 View Post
The only positive side is that they contain the extended edition of the episodes.
The DVD sets, mainly the early seasons, season 1 specifically, had horrible compression artifacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmFanSam View Post
The Blu-ray set was 87$ on Amazon a few days ago. The DVDs have awful transfers. You, my friend, got ripped off. are all the seasons in the dvd set even 16:9?
It's only a rip off if I didn't have the factors below:

Because I wanted to have the DVD set in my library for portable use on my non-retina MacBook Pro while up and about (I still have one with the DVD player), they are highly "praised" online for having the extended cuts (I want to see ALL the scenes; I can sacrifice PQ for a few while watching the seasons) and the DVD sets on Amazon a piece are roughly $20 or more for two seasons combined which would be a total close to $100 if I went that route:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHT View Post
Buy them again. The DVDs are dirt cheap now. You can get two seasons for $20 at Amazon.

Seasons 1 and 2
Seasons 3 and 4
Seasons 5 and 6
Seasons 7 and 8
Seasons 9 and 10
I'll eventually buy the Blu-ray collection later.

Last edited by bruistopher; 08-21-2014 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling, early in the morning :/
Old 08-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #2329
Power Member

Feb 2009

It seems reasonable to own both to me. I kind of wish I hadn't sold my DVD's because of the lack of extended episodes. I may get the DVD's again at some point, but the Blu-ray release is certainly highly worthwhile.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:14 PM   #2330
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
It seems reasonable to own both to me. I kind of wish I hadn't sold my DVD's because of the lack of extended episodes. I may get the DVD's again at some point, but the Blu-ray release is certainly highly worthwhile.
For me, I would never return to a DVD when I have the Blu-ray in my collection, so I've been willing to sacrifice some extended bits in favor of a widescreen, high definition presentation. I don't feel like I'm missing anything particularly important.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #2331
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Athens, Greece

Warner should finally release the extended version.
Thanks given by:
Drewbee87 (08-24-2014), jwerk (08-21-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #2332
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Baltimore, MD
Default High Definition over Extended DVDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookcase View Post
For me, I would never return to a DVD when I have the Blu-ray in my collection, so I've been willing to sacrifice some extended bits in favor of a widescreen, high definition presentation. I don't feel like I'm missing anything particularly important.
I am too trying to minimize/eliminate DVD purchases, rather get blu rays. Certain shows just won't be available on blu rays, like Six Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman etc. so I had to get the DVDs.

Even though I still go back and forth about buying one or the other, after ordering DVDs and Blu Ray, I am glad I did that. Just so I can compare. I have a feeling, like you, I won't miss the extended scenes and much rather watch a high definition presentation.
I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #2333
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by winoni71 View Post
Well, that - and the original aspect ratio.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #2334

Sep 2012
New Castle, DE

Okay, I don't understand if this heat is targeted towards me or not. Just because I purchased the DVD collection in a High Definition era doesn't mean I'm not entitled to experience the "ugly" picture quality of the DVD era to look at the exclusive extended scenes. Maybe I should not have posted in this thread if I was going to cause a frequent uproar over how I was stupid enough to purchase the DVD set at $64 and not get the Blu-ray set at $85.

Just like every other Friends fan out there, I should be entitled to watch both DVD set (I'm late kinda) and Blu-ray set or own both if I want to. So that "I" can personally compare and contrast what I don't or dislike about the DVD and Blu-ray sets. I know this thread is filled with nothing but "back and forth" hate against Warner for not releasing the extended episodes in the Blu-ray set. I'm well aware of it. And I've done enough research to understand the arguments. But as for me, I have seen SOME extended episodes years ago on DVD watching it with friends of mine. So I would like to watch them all to see the extended episodes.

And like I posted above. The main reason I bought them was so I can experience the two different editions as I've said, so I can have the DVD's to watch portable while traveling, etc on my MacBook Pro and so I can have it in my personal movie / tv show library as a fan.

I'm not angry, sad or frustrated at anyone but it feels like the posts above are trying to make me feel like I've made a HUGE mistake purchasing the DVD set. Well if I did so what. Let me enjoy them and I look forward buying the Blu-ray set at an later date.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:00 AM   #2335

Nov 2012

Got 2 sets, first one had a torn corner. My replacement came today and it looked like someone ran their finger nail through the front! The factory has some QA issues. Sighh...
Old 08-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #2336
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Ordered the set back during the deal. Watching it a bit now!

Man. Joeys hair was awful in the pilot.
"Swear to me. Swear to me that everything you said was true!"

Top 3(No Order):
1. The Last of Us
2. Persona 3 FES
3. Resident Evil: Remake
Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #2337

Jul 2013

Thanks given by:
LuHouse (08-28-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America