Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Dick Van Dyke Show: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99

The King and I (Blu-ray)
$10.00
6 hrs ago
Fargo: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
23 hrs ago
Ice Age 4 Movie Set (Blu-ray)
$16.99
11 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Arrow: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Planet of the Apes: Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
21 hrs ago
Alien Quadrilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
11 hrs ago
The Complete Jacques Tati (Blu-ray)
$59.99

True Detective (Blu-ray)
$24.99

COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Old 11-20-2014, 10:58 AM   #881
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Irwin View Post
I decided to take another crack at it and got lucky in a matter of minutes - High Ice (1980):

http://www.thebetamaxrundown.com/high-ice-1980/

Some of the screen caps match my memories very accurately, although I would have been only nine at the time this film premiered. Got pretty lucky on this one anyhow.
Thank you for finding it. I've been looking for it for a while.
Merry Christmas to all!
Thanks given by:
Thomas Irwin (11-21-2014)
Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #882
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiesatemyheart View Post
I really hope someone can help me with this..I've tried everything I can by searching online myself and I can't find it..I don't know any of the actors from the movie but I know its a war movie I caught on tv a few years back it could be from the 80's maybe even 70's..I'm honestly not even sure what war it is either sorry I sound so "dumb" on this but I really enjoyed the movie..its about soldiers that were captured and I'm not sure if it was by japanese..koreans or vietnamese..but they are captured and held for many years at this prison camp..some of them die..I really remember one part of the movie I think it was christmas and the ones that are holding them prisoner make them sit at a table and eat christmas dinner..and I know at the end of the movie when the war is over they had to be released and they got medals and got to come home..some are held in cells by themselves and I think some have someone else with them..I know this is a crappy description but I hope something I've described strikes a cord with someone bc I'd really like to find this movie to buy..I found a few movies that sounded like it could be it but it wasn't...thank you for anyone who can help
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
Old 11-21-2014, 07:47 AM   #883
Special Member

Aug 2011
USA
Question

There was this movie I saw when I used to work for DirecTV. They played Showtime on TV's while we were on the phone. The sound was turned off and we were working (obviously) so I couldn't pay close attention. Here's the movie as best as I can remember: it was set in the Old West. A rich man's son is kidnapped by two bumbling thieves, one of which is fat, the other skinny. There was a part in a mine where one of the thieves (the fat one, I believe) has a tarantula crawl on his head. In the end the kidnapped boy's father saves him while wearing an inflatable suit that makes him look super-fat. It must be filled with helium because he's able to jump high in the air. That's all I can remember. It didn't even look like a good film, but it still annoys me not knowing what it is. Thanks to anyone who can help out.
I don't have to be careful, I've got a gun!
Old 11-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #884

Jan 2010
Default 80's mafia made for tv movie

SPOILER ALERT- (movie ending)!!

No luck on my posts so far but I'll keep trying. I can narrow down to TV movie 1986-1989- perhaps split over 2-3 nights like a miniseries? A dark haired woman falls in love with a seemingly nice and well off man. She has a female friend who grows suspicious of the man and uncovers his mob connections. That friend gets killed by a car hit and run towards the end. The VERY end was a shocker to the audience...

[SPOILER again]

The lead sweet woman is embracing this man on a front porch and he shoots her point blank in the stomach while in mid-hug (he put the protection of secrets before his love for her). She locks eyes with him totally in shock and she slumps to the floor, dead. (High ratings - I remember EVERYONE talked about in school- teachers and students!)

I hope my movie title doesn't throw anyone off but I THOUGHT it was called "Poor little Rich Girl" but its not. I may have just seen it around the same time
and my mind connects it with this rags to riches story.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:03 PM   #885
Expert Member

Jan 2012
The Keystone State, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence?
Ha, sounds like Bridge on the River Kwai meets The Great Escape to me!
Onkyo HT-S8409 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package

My Criterion: http://www.criterion.com/my_criterio...?sort_by=spine
Old 12-18-2014, 03:08 AM   #886

Mar 2014

Fairly new Indian or Indonesian martial arts movie. Movie begins with young man leaving his family farm to go to big city. When he gets there he sees a girl being beaten in the alley and helps her and her little brother. She ends up being forced to be a stripper or dancer for the bad guys. Hero finds out where she is and epic fight ensues. It was on a pay channel but can't recall the name.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:10 AM   #887
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebpgh View Post
Fairly new Indian or Indonesian martial arts movie. Movie begins with young man leaving his family farm to go to big city. When he gets there he sees a girl being beaten in the alley and helps her and her little brother. She ends up being forced to be a stripper or dancer for the bad guys. Hero finds out where she is and epic fight ensues. It was on a pay channel but can't recall the name.
Merantau?
"Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho."

20 Favorite Films: 1) Inglourious Basterds 2) Back to the Future 3) Jurassic Park 4) The Empire Strikes Back 5) Aliens 6) Halloween 7) Pulp Fiction 8) Raiders of the Lost Ark 9) The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 10) 2001: A Space Odyssey 11) Shaun of the Dead 12) Star Wars 13) Jaws 14) The Matrix 15) Taxi Driver 16) Psycho 17) The Departed 18) Groundhog Day 19) Roman Holiday 20) The Thing
Thanks given by:
ebpgh (12-18-2014)
Old 12-18-2014, 03:23 AM   #888
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat III View Post
There was this movie I saw when I used to work for DirecTV. They played Showtime on TV's while we were on the phone. The sound was turned off and we were working (obviously) so I couldn't pay close attention. Here's the movie as best as I can remember: it was set in the Old West. A rich man's son is kidnapped by two bumbling thieves, one of which is fat, the other skinny. There was a part in a mine where one of the thieves (the fat one, I believe) has a tarantula crawl on his head. In the end the kidnapped boy's father saves him while wearing an inflatable suit that makes him look super-fat. It must be filled with helium because he's able to jump high in the air. That's all I can remember. It didn't even look like a good film, but it still annoys me not knowing what it is. Thanks to anyone who can help out.
Possibly an adaptation of Ransom Of Red Chief?
-----------------------------------------------------------

Movies for sale (includes a few brand new Criterions)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies