Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Hannibal: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$15.00
Fairy Tail: Part 12 (Blu-ray)
$31.69
A.I. Artificial Intelligence (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Spectacular Now (Blu-ray)
$7.88
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.99
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Flintstones (Blu-ray)
$8.99
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Nightbreed (Blu-ray)
$20.95
Minority Report (Blu-ray)
$7.88
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 7 (Blu-ray)
$79.99
Scanners (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Bubble 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Blu-ray)
$4.88
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #221

Mar 2013
California

Ok thanks, Smigro! I might not have wanted them if u can't take em off easily.
50'' Panasonic TC-P50S60 Plasma Calibrated
Sony A/V Reciever 7.1 STR-DH520
5.1 Left, Center, Right - Yamaha
SR, SL - Bose, PolkAudio 10'' woofer
160 G PS3
Old 04-27-2013, 11:17 PM   #222
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikevieira View Post
Ok thanks, Smigro! I might not have wanted them if u can't take em off easily.
Just be careful if shopping on ebay! There are still many a copy of steelbooks being sold which were released years ago when those were printed on the case and couldn't be removed. Research carefully before you buy anything from anywhere other than directly from an online retailer (Amazon, Zavvi, etc).
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 04-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #223
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Can any one explain to me when there's a Best Buy exclusive and Futureshop exclusive with the same design, why is the fFS version usually more valuable?
Old 04-29-2013, 01:58 AM   #224
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoles View Post
Can any one explain to me when there's a Best Buy exclusive and Futureshop exclusive with the same design, why is the fFS version usually more valuable?
It depends which title you are talking about, but many titles may have small differences although they may look similar on the surface.

For example, many Best Buy Warner SteelBooks did not contain inside art, whereas Future Shop versions did.

Also, many Disney SteelBooks (e.g. FINDING NEMO, BRAVE) do not include the movie, whereas the Future Shop editions did -- sometimes three or four disc sets as well.

Lastly, there are many more Best Buy stores in the US than there are Future Shop stores in Canada. That means there are just fewer Future Shop copies available, so the supply of them is low.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #225
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoles View Post
Two reasons:

#1. FutureShop releases have more releases with inside artwork. Thus, they are viewed as "more complete packaging."

#2. Prices in Canada are higher on the initial purchase because of higher operating costs. Thus, from the very start they are more intrisivally valuable.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

FOR SALE/TRADE THREAD: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=55884
Old 05-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #226
Special Member

Aug 2011
Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
Research carefully before you buy anything from anywhere other than directly from an online retailer (Amazon, Zavvi, etc).
What about third party sellers on Amazon? If a $100 + steelbook is described as being used-like new or new and sealed is it pretty much guaranteed to be in mint and packaged to be protected for shipping?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:53 AM   #227
Special Member

Oct 2008
Tampa- FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's got the Blu's View Post
What about third party sellers on Amazon? If a $100 + steelbook is described as being used-like new or new and sealed is it pretty much guaranteed to be in mint and packaged to be protected for shipping?
I would just pay careful attention to the pictures and request that the seller bubble wrap it well. I had a bad experience a few years back where a seller listed it as "like new" and when I got it the slip cover was torn to pieces, the DVD was scratched to crap....I have no idea how he came to think it was like new. I didn't even argue with him. I immediately gave him a horrible rating and warned other sellers that he was a liar. He wasn't happy to say the least. He wanted me to request a refund - I responded that he shouldn't be lying to people if he wants a good reputation. Check out their reputation scores.

I've had better luck by getting members on here to trade or buy/ship steelbooks to me.
BenQ W1070 3D (*NEW* Theater room)
Elite 120" CineGrey 5D fixed framed screen
Sony BDP-S790 3D
Panasonic PDP TC-P60ST60 3D (living room)
Sony BDP-S590 3D
Panasonic Plasma TH-42PX60U (bedroom)
Sony BDP-S2100
Samsung T260HD 26" (den)/Magnavox NB500MG1F
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #228

Mar 2007

Wasn't sure if I should create my own thread or put this post in here. I want to start buying international steelbooks and actually watch them. Can you guys recommend a region free blu ray player that can be bought in stores (bby etc) and a couple of sites that ship to the states, also any advice would be cool too? Thanks guys
Old 12-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #229

Mar 2012
Melbourne
Default General Steelbook question

Hey There! I just wondered if there is a way to be able to work out when a Steelbook will be limited like with the recent Worlds End where they only made 4,000 and now that is quite a sought after steelbook.

Is it in the general press release ?or is it kept secret?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #230
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I've been bit by the steelbook bug - currently have 60+ steels and I don't see an end in sight, lol. I've built my collection mainly from watching people's youtube videos and spotting cool-looking steelbooks. Question: is there an easy way to find out which country sells a specific steel without asking on forums and/or visiting every Amazon.com branch known to mankind? For instance, someone here posted a pic of THE LAST STAND steelbook. I looked everywhere online and couldn't find it so I finally asked the poster - it was a czech exclusive. Whowouldathunk? Is there some kind of database flagged by country? If not maybe there should be a thread created? Now, as long as I'm here, where can I find the MECHANIC steel, the one with the orange gun and one of THE ROAD? Thanks
Old 01-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #231

Apr 2011
Minneapolis

^^^ If it helps, there's a sticky thread in this forum called Definitive List of Steelbooks with Links. It is organized by country. Not sure if that is what you're looking for or if you already knew.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:54 PM   #232
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminister View Post
^^^ If it helps, there's a sticky thread in this forum called Definitive List of Steelbooks with Links. It is organized by country. Not sure if that is what you're looking for or if you already knew.

I didn't know, thanks. It's a start
Selling Shout Factory BD of Halloween II on Amazon with the Universal disc that includes Terror In the Aisles if anyone is interested. EDIT: SOLD
Old 01-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #233
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Canada
-

There were also two German editions of THE LAST STAND, including a gold cover.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #234

Feb 2012
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I've been bit by the steelbook bug - currently have 60+ steels and I don't see an end in sight, lol. I've built my collection mainly from watching people's youtube videos and spotting cool-looking steelbooks. Question: is there an easy way to find out which country sells a specific steel without asking on forums and/or visiting every Amazon.com branch known to mankind? For instance, someone here posted a pic of THE LAST STAND steelbook. I looked everywhere online and couldn't find it so I finally asked the poster - it was a czech exclusive. Whowouldathunk? Is there some kind of database flagged by country? If not maybe there should be a thread created? Now, as long as I'm here, where can I find the MECHANIC steel, the one with the orange gun and one of THE ROAD? Thanks
Well, I usually just type "[movie name] Steelbook" in the searchbox up there. If it's already in the database it will show up, country flag and all. Like this one.

That was a Future Shop exclusive and is probably out of print. Try ebay. As far as I know there is no Steelbook of The Road (yet).
Old 02-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #235

Feb 2014
Default Region Free PAL steelbooks

I'm new to steelbooks. There are a lot of steelbooks I want to purchase that are Region Free from UK. But I noticed that it says PAL on them too. Will this affect me playing them here in the USA?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #236
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kravenz View Post
I'm new to steelbooks. There are a lot of steelbooks I want to purchase that are Region Free from UK. But I noticed that it says PAL on them too. Will this affect me playing them here in the USA?

Any info appreciated. Thanks.
You will run into problems because of 50HZ
Old 02-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #237
Expert Member

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidofistpimp View Post
You will run into problems because of 50HZ
I thought most new lcd/led Tv's dealt with the refresh rates. Mine flicks between the 2 or goes into 24fps depending on the movie.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:35 PM   #238
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperuk View Post
I thought most new lcd/led Tv's dealt with the refresh rates. Mine flicks between the 2 or goes into 24fps depending on the movie.

You have to worry about the player not the tv.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #239

Feb 2014
Bournemouth, UK

Anyone know of anywhere in the uk that sells the hubs? I'm buying a region A bluray and want to keep the original disc, and add a hub for the region B disc (different art work).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks