COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Blu-ray)
$17.49
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Unforgiven (Blu-ray)
$17.49
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Majestyk (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Run Silent, Run Deep (Blu-ray)
$17.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 05-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #141
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-108

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardSlayer View Post
You say that now that your previous posts have been removed, a few days ago you and your boy were ready to hang Cudz from the nearest tree for doing a group buy, you two were going through threads like maniacs crying about it and now you come back with the "its just a movie" speech??
Yep, convenient hipocrisy.
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Hyper3D 1000 HDMI x 3
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x 5

FOR TRADE:Pan's Labyrinth Canadian Steelbook sealed/PM me if interested.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #142
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardSlayer View Post
You say that now that your previous posts have been removed, a few days ago you and your boy were ready to hang Cudz from the nearest tree for doing a group buy, you two were going through threads like maniacs crying about it and now you come back with the "its just a movie" speech??
Difference... I wasn't pissed off about the cudz group buy. I was simply pointing out the unfair nature of what he was doing in that particular scenario. No emotions involved. I already had my copies. And even if I didn't have my copies and missed out, I wouldn' get angry about it. There are more important things in life to inves emotion in.

In this case, someone is stating that they will be upset that they took measures to ensure they got a copy. They are stating that they will get pissed off if more become available

P.S. I did not say anythig near "it's just a movie."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
Yep, convenient hipocrisy.
Completely different topics. Can't be hipocrisy.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.

Last edited by Petra_Kalbrain; 05-18-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #143

Mar 2014
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru blu View Post
The main reason someone would be angry is if they were a scalper...
Did you even read what I said. I said I was pissed off that I had to wake up 2 out of 3 nights to buy them and would be angry if they spit out a few thousand more copies later. Do I like the idea that there are a limited number of copies, answer yes. I now enjoy collecting and getting some steels with a limited print run. Most people like the idea of having something limited or maybe I'm the lone sole. Would I have bought the Indy movies if I wasn't a fan of the movie absolutely not. I didn't even know these were going on sale so I missed out on the first one of the trilogy The last crusade. I several days ago got in Cudz GB for The Last Crusade, and asked him in that thread several days earlier if he had a copy of it. Would be quite a big coincidence if the big bad scalper was in a group buy for just the 1st of the 3 to come out? I don't appreciate being called a scalper all I was trying to ask was does Zavvi change there limited runs because I would be pissed if 2 months later I could just pick up the whole trilogy set when I could have just been sleeping in. I'm new at this so I don't know what Zavvi has done in the past. I,ve only been collecting maybe 6 months before that I didn't know what Zavvi or Kamichi were so get bent, a few of you folks are quick to judge.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:52 PM   #144
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent AKA DoubleDown View Post
Did you even read what I said. I said I was pissed off that I had to wake up 2 out of 3 nights to buy them and would be angry if they spit out a few thousand more copies later. Do I like the idea that there are a limited number of copies, answer yes. I now enjoy collecting and getting some steels with a limited print run. Most people like the idea of having something limited or maybe I'm the lone sole. Would I have bought the Indy movies if I wasn't a fan of the movie absolutely not. I didn't even know these were going on sale so I missed out on the first one of the trilogy The last crusade. I several days ago got in Cudz GB for The Last Crusade, and asked him in that thread several days earlier if he had a copy of it. Would be quite a big coincidence if the big bad scalper was in a group buy for just the 1st of the 3 to come out? I don't appreciate being called a scalper all I was trying to ask was does Zavvi change there limited runs because I would be pissed if 2 months later I could just pick up the whole trilogy set when I could have just been sleeping in. I'm new at this so I don't know what Zavvi has done in the past. I,ve only been collecting maybe 6 months before that I didn't know what Zavvi or Kamichi were so get bent, a few of you folks are quick to judge.
Bottom line with this hobby is that you are going to have to make sacrifices in order to secure copies of those that you want. You never know what will happen in selling trends. For all you know, these Indy steels could have been available for 2 years after release. They could have sold out in less than 5 minutes. So, you can't get angry when there is ZERO chance of knowing what length of time any of these steels will be available.

For the record, I wasn't judging you. I just think that it is silly to get so angry about something you have no chance of controlling or knowing the future about.
HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #145

Mar 2014
-
-

All I was angry about is if 2 months later all these appeared on Zavvi again. When I say angry I'm not gonna be throwing chairs and going 95mph on the highway, I wouldn't let a Steelbook ruin my day. I should also say that everyone on these forums have been really nice and helpful. I would be fairly lost without the info of all the veterans. Some like wjasoncul, cudz, bluraysteel and many others have been really helpful with info and helping get a hold of Steels I don't have the first idea how to get. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday
Old 05-24-2014, 05:02 PM   #146
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Columbia, MD

Love the interior and rear art. Well done!
Old 05-24-2014, 05:54 PM   #147
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Philadelphia suburbs

These steelbooks are going to be awesome.
Panasonic TC-P50G25 THX - Onkyo TX-NR1008 THX - Seiki SR212S region B - 120G PS3 slim - XBone - PS4 - eD[c]12 LCR - Rythmik FV15HP

My FS/trade thread
Old 05-24-2014, 06:07 PM   #148

Oct 2010
Naperville IL

Is there a bonus disc in the complete set digipack? I presume we are not going to get that disc with any of these steelbooks...??
Old 05-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #149

May 2010
Windsor, Ontario, Canada

I'm gonna need a copy of TEMPLE. AS I missed out on that one
Even missed it the SECOND time. geez...

If anyone can help me out.
Appreciate it if so!

Last edited by Roof1975; 05-27-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks