COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$37.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Swimmer (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Oldboy (Blu-ray)
$12.98
Sleepaway Camp (Blu-ray)
$18.99
Freezing: Anime Classics Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
The Party (Blu-ray)
$17.49
The Legend of Billie Jean (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Blu-ray)
$17.49
On the Beach (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Sorcerer (Blu-ray)
$19.59
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
The Unforgiven (Blu-ray)
$17.49
God's Not Dead (Blu-ray)
$17.29
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Mr. Majestyk (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Run Silent, Run Deep (Blu-ray)
$17.49

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 12-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #101
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Why wait for blu-ray titles to be released in the U.S, when you can import them, especially when they're Region Free. I've purchased 101 Dalmatians, Sudden Death, Hard Target, and many other blu-ray titles from the UK, and I didn't regret it.
It depends on the releases. Some of them are barebones, while the eventual US release has special features. Sabrina and Funny Face are perfect examples. With this being another Paramount title, this falls into that same boat. I'd rather wait and pay roughly the same price if it's a title that has a decent shot of coming out here.

I do import to some extent, and some of the UK companies do great work, but Paramount isn't really one of them. It makes no sense why they can't include the same special features they do in the US for certain titles.
Last Watched: The Train
Last Bought: Ginger Snaps | Night of the Comet
PSN ID: KilloWertz
"Chuck me" 9/24/07 - 1/27/12
Old 12-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #102
Special Member

Jun 2007
Sunshine State

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post
It depends on the releases. Some of them are barebones, while the eventual US release has special features. Sabrina and Funny Face are perfect examples. With this being another Paramount title, this falls into that same boat. I'd rather wait and pay roughly the same price if it's a title that has a decent shot of coming out here.

I do import to some extent, and some of the UK companies do great work, but Paramount isn't really one of them. It makes no sense why they can't include the same special features they do in the US for certain titles.

Agreed. I imported Dante's Peak when it was only available in the UK and a year later it was released in the US with all the special features ported over from the original DVD release. I don't really care that much for special features but I prefer to have them instead of a barebones release. If I know something have a decent chance of being release in the US, I rather wait.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #103
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilloWertz View Post

It also depend on the individual as well because, everybody doesn't necessarily want the special features. Their primary reason for buying blu-rays, is for the movie itself in 1080p resolution, and lossless audio. All I want is the movie, and everything else is secondary. It's rare, that I watch all the special features anyway (if at all), so it really doesn't matter to me, if a blu-ray contains them or not.

Last edited by slimdude; 12-30-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #104
Power Member

Mar 2010

The PQ on this is pretty average to poor for the most part. Old master used obviously, but there at least doesn't appear to be any digital tampering, it just doesn't look that great.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #105

May 2011

I hope the US release uses the classic poster, but I won't hold my breath. I have a feeling it will have that photoshoped mess mock up.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:07 PM   #106
Special Member

Apr 2011
Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockzillaXD View Post
I hope the US release uses the classic poster, but I won't hold my breath. I have a feeling it will have that photoshoped mess mock up.
I do too if it ever comes out
Old 06-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #107
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2013
South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockzillaXD View Post
Agreed
Remembering our Soldiers over seas. Hoping they all get to come home soon to be with their family.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:14 PM   #108
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible View Post
The PQ on this is pretty average to poor for the most part. Old master used obviously, but there at least doesn't appear to be any digital tampering, it just doesn't look that great.

No reason to purchase this Blu-ray, then. There are so many BDs being released these days that I don't have the money to spend on crap marginal upgrades, especially if the artwork sucks a**
Attention NYC-area members: selling some BDs real cheap, some Criterions, a TT (Alamo Bay), lots of horror titles, many just $5. PM for full list and info
Old 06-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #109
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->85 SteelBooks™/MetalPaks--------->118

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
No reason to purchase this Blu-ray, then. There are so many BDs being released these days that I don't have the money to spend on crap marginal upgrades, especially if the artwork sucks a**
Sure there is as the DVD is non-anamorphic. That right there warrants an automatic purchase of the BD.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #110
Power Member

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
Sure there is as the DVD is non-anamorphic. That right there warrants an automatic purchase of the BD.
I try to make a point to avoid really terrible blu-rays.

Just because the DVD was terrible, doesn't mean the blu-ray is an automatic buy. Even if the film itself is worth buying, the blu-ray has to stand on it's own merits.

That being said, if it's cheap enough I can deal with it (I'm talking like $5). But even at the lowest possible price, I still get annoyed by piss-poor quality. Especially not knowing if there will ever be another release...
Old 06-29-2014, 08:40 PM   #111
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
Mississippi, U.S.A. DigiBooks-------------------------->85 SteelBooks™/MetalPaks--------->118

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
I try to make a point to avoid really terrible blu-rays.

Just because the DVD was terrible, doesn't mean the blu-ray is an automatic buy. Even if the film itself is worth buying, the blu-ray has to stand on it's own merits.

That being said, if it's cheap enough I can deal with it (I'm talking like $5). But even at the lowest possible price, I still get annoyed by piss-poor quality. Especially not knowing if there will ever be another release...
I stand by my original statement.
Thanks given by:
Ray_Rogers (06-30-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 10:32 PM   #112
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

It you look at all of the screenshots, I would say the DE Blu-ray is definitely a worthwhile improvement over the DVD even if it doesn't get top notch treatment.

http://caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergleich...on=1&lossless=
JVC DLA-RS4810 front projector (ISF pro-cal'd)
Stewart StudioTek 100, CinemaScope 108" wide screen
Samsung 51" F5300 plasma
Oppo BDP-983 & BDP-103D Blu-ray player
Denon AVR-X3000 (Audyssey pro-cal'd)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 (fronts)
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 800 (surrounds x 4)
HSU VTF-15H sub
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 AM   #113
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008
England

I know many of you guys view via projection which possibly shows more issues but this holds up very nicely on my 60" screen.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:04 AM   #114
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Yeah, it looks fine.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:14 AM   #115
Suspended

Aug 2011

If this thread wasn't made by Akijama, it would have been moved to the wishlist area immediately.
Top 10 movies: 1 The Terminator 2 Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3 Aliens 4 The Abyss 5 Raiders of the Lost Ark 6 Jaws 7 Star Wars 8 Jurassic Park 9 Ben-Hur 10 It's a Wonderful Life
Old 06-30-2014, 04:39 AM   #116
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagysaudio View Post
If this thread wasn't made by Akijama, it would have been moved to the wishlist area immediately.
Only 2 years have passed, I'm sure mods will get to do that sooner or later

If people feel it should be moved, then just report the original post, and request it. That's the way things seem to get done around here
Old 06-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #117
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Goofnut View Post
I agree. An average Blu-ray is far better than a DVD. If the US release (when it finally arrives) looks as good as the DE release... I will add it to my collection. I think Escape From Alcatraz is one hell of a good film.
Drink up, me arties, Yo Ho……

Sony KDSR70XBR2 70", Pioneer Elite BDP95FD Blu Ray player, Pioneer Elite VSX92THX Receiver, SVS 5.1 Speaker System: SVS MTS-01 (Left and Right), SVS MCS-01 (Center), SVS MBS-01 (Surrounds), SVS PB13 Ultra (Sub)
Old 06-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #118
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2012
Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickieduvet View Post
I know many of you guys view via projection which possibly shows more issues but this holds up very nicely on my 60" screen.
I watched it a few weeks ago and it looks great, a very noticeable upgrade. I am not sure why it hasn't been released in the US yet.
Expendables 3 August 15th 2014
Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #119

Nov 2012

it might be similar to the foreign release

Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 AM   #120
Special Member

Aug 2009
Des Moines, IA

I ordered mine through Amazon.UK the picture is an upgrade over the DVD.This is one of my top 5 Eastwood films of all time,i got tired waiting for a U.S. release,we may never even get it. This is a great film with great replay value.Must have if you are an Eastwood fan.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists