Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Akira (Blu-ray)
$28.79
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
$17.49
Blood and Black Lace (Blu-ray)
$22.97
The Transformers: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.69
Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$29.88
Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$34.96
Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$34.99
Pokémon: The Movies 1-3 Collection: Pokémon: The First Movie / Pokémon: The Movie 2000 / Pokémon 3: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$16.99
Space Jam 20th Anniversary (Blu-ray)
$9.90
Hard Core Logo/Hard Core Logo 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.49
Scarface (Blu-ray)
$999.99
Top Gun (Blu-ray)
$12.99
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 04-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #1721
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawcrc View Post
Correct they are however when I was given that number by Carl he said him and Jan both at the time anytime I would like to transfer it to my film arena account I could to order direct. However now with this new gb system hdn has I decided I might as well buy them from film arena since I won't be saving much money any way and now I don't have the added time to set aside the funds like before. I can't transfer it kinda sucks. So looks like I'll be missing out on editions now especially when a popular title comes out and sells out quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buying them from Karel will still save you shipping costs compared to FA. The thing with the new GB system, you will need to pay off your previous invoices then the new system will be okay. You will just have to adjust your spending habits.

BLu-RaY SToRe! / STeeLBooK SHoP
BLUFANS V.I.P.
FAC Loyalty Reward Member
Old 04-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #1722
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
We just need to get Karel over here

I doubt that will happen.

BLUFANS V.I.P.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:14 PM   #1723
Special Member

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

I don't buy many FAC's or Kimchi or other higher end steels because they're too pricey and they're pretty difficult to come by.
But I did but my first FAC from eBay. In The Heart Of The Sea, new w/ full slip for 49.99 shipped. Good price, right?
Of course the seller is just across town from me, about 10 mins from my workplace, and my movie is somewhere in SoCal. I don't understand how the USPS routes it's packages.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #1724
Special Member

Nov 2015
Columbia, SC

Just got my first two FAC steels in the mail today. Ted and in the heart of the sea. Really impressed with the quality, I have black mass on the way and can't wait for the Logan steel. Hope I can get my hands on one
Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 PM   #1725
Special Member

Dec 2015
TN, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
I don't buy many FAC's or Kimchi or other higher end steels because they're too pricey and they're pretty difficult to come by.
But I did but my first FAC from eBay. In The Heart Of The Sea, new w/ full slip for 49.99 shipped. Good price, right?
Of course the seller is just across town from me, about 10 mins from my workplace, and my movie is somewhere in SoCal. I don't understand how the USPS routes it's packages.
I have a package in transit right now that originated in Denver CO, it came to my city (memphis TN) but instead of sorting to the correct zip code here, it's now in Grand Rapids MI. LOL

Top-tier shipping here.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #1726
Special Member

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylec123 View Post
I have a package in transit right now that originated in Denver CO, it came to my city (memphis TN) but instead of sorting to the correct zip code here, it's now in Grand Rapids MI. LOL

Top-tier shipping here.
Oh boy. I fear for my steelbook. more time in the hand of the post office is never a good thing.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 PM   #1727
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2014
Malaysia
Czech Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
That's a fair price, and it includes 3D + 2D
Thanks given by:
hockeyshark91 (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:30 PM   #1728

Apr 2015
FSH, TX, USA

Most FAC end up being cheaper on ebay than buying at release from GBs lately, except for the rare snowflake. Quite a few titles can be found for under $50 USD new and sealed. Even the ones over that aren't too much more, aside from the few low print runs.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #1729

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Buying them from Karel will still save you shipping costs compared to FA. The thing with the new GB system, you will need to pay off your previous invoices then the new system will be okay. You will just have to adjust your spending habits.

Well yes and no. I like the automated portion of the gb system but still with releases and gbs coming up sometimes very unexpected wit fac editions it's hard to budget for them as well I mean I'm not just gonna set all my premium steel money aside for facs I do collect others as well. If they go with there's a gb for x movie and it will go live in 1 month and gives the date and such I could work with that. But since some titles get very little time between oh the gbs coming and here it is and you have x days to get. It. I know with creed they changed the deadline to order but with my daughters birthday here as well I couldn't get it first fac I have not been able to acquire. So now I'm more interested in completing my blufans collection. There loss and blufans gain in my money

Old 04-21-2017, 11:49 AM   #1730
Blu-ray Champion

Oct 2009
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawcrc View Post
Well yes and no. I like the automated portion of the gb system but still with releases and gbs coming up sometimes very unexpected wit fac editions it's hard to budget for them as well I mean I'm not just gonna set all my premium steel money aside for facs I do collect others as well. If they go with there's a gb for x movie and it will go live in 1 month and gives the date and such I could work with that. But since some titles get very little time between oh the gbs coming and here it is and you have x days to get. It. I know with creed they changed the deadline to order but with my daughters birthday here as well I couldn't get it first fac I have not been able to acquire. So now I'm more interested in completing my blufans collection. There loss and blufans gain in my money

I understand. I have the same predicament but I will just adjust my spending habits and will be very selective unlike before. I can't afford to buy every Premium release.

BLUFANS V.I.P.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:59 PM   #1731

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
I understand. I have the same predicament but I will just adjust my spending habits and will be very selective unlike before. I can't afford to buy every Premium release.

Yes and that's also what I plan on doing. I used to be a avid fac supporter and collected all their releases as it always worked or. Now I'll just pick and choose

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks