COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.99
Love Streams (Blu-ray)
$19.99
All That Heaven Allows (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down! (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The East (Blu-ray)
$6.99
Ghostbusters Limited Edition Gift Set (Blu-ray)
$89.96
Operation Petticoat (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Three Colors Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
The Qatsi Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$39.99
Shame (Blu-ray)
$7.99
The Walking Dead: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$29.99
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Elvis: That's the Way It Is (Blu-ray)
$19.59
The Essential Jacques Demy (Blu-ray)
$69.99
Weekend (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Fault in Our Stars (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Chuck: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$66.99
Hook (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #1

Aug 2013
LA
Default how does Remote Control Extender work?

I have a speaker in my bathroom, but when I want to play music, I have to go to the living room. Is there any remote control extender which can achieve this?
I have saw such one named Remote Control Extender for DVD IPTV Fans, seem like this device can achieve this.
It says that the Emitter Range: 5-10CM, so that is enough for me to conrtrol this speaker in my bathroom.
But, how dose this thing work? There are many output out there and should I buy a new remote control?
Old 09-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #2

Jun 2012
Adachi, Tokyo

Hi,
It's hard to say without knowing more about your system but have you considered AirTunes? This way you just use your phone/ipod/ipad over your wifi network.
DISPLAY: Panasonic 55VT50
AVR: DENON
BDP: DENON
5.1: Miller & Kreisel S-125 & KX-10
Old 09-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #3

Aug 2012
Houston, TX

Yeah, need more details, but there are many ways to accomplish this.

Simplest is to convert your current remote control to an RF remote using the "Next Generation Remote Control Extender", which will allow you to use it in other rooms:

http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generatio...ntrol+extender

But you won't really want to carry the same remote from room to room, which will defeat the purpose (since you have to go get the remote every time!). So either buying an RF remote, or a cheap universal that you can convert to RF, is the more likely solution.

But as Aniki suggested, the solution will depend on what source(s) you want to use. If you need to browse your collection or choose items through an on-screen interface, that will be a pain from other rooms where you can't see the screen.

Jeff
Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #4

Aug 2013
LA

My original purpose is to control the music player just with a remote control, But I can't do this without a Remote Control Extender ,the distance between my bathroom and bedroom are too far, and there are on wall speaker in my bath room, so ,I just don't know how to use this Remote Control Extender .
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010

You have a couple choices. It would help if we knew how your current system was set up (is your remote speaker wired or wireless? how far is it from the base system, and are there many walls in between? etc.).

- You could wire a remote transmitter/receiver. The receiver would go by the speaker and the transmitter by the equipment. Pros: pretty simple & reliable. Cons: you'd need to run the wire.

- Wireless audio transmitter. This would transmit audio from the base system to the speaker, and also transmit IR signals from your remote back to the equipment. Something like this. Pros: no wiring. Cons: reception can be prone to interference; some units are less reliable than others.

- RF remote. If you get a converter kit for your remote, you could use it from any room, within a reasonable distance. Pros: Nothing additional to set up at the other speaker. Cons: need to make sure you're within range.

Also, as Jautor said, you may want to consider whether you really want to be carrying the remote back & forth every time.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
yammingo

Not sure how that one is used, but this seems more like what you're after:
Wireless Infrared IR Remote Extender
The extender comes as a pair. Place the Ir transmitter aimed at the equipment you wish to operate. Use the IR receiver in your bathroom and point your remote. The IR receiver converts the IR from the remote to an RF signal which can penetrate walls, to your IR transmitter, which converts the signal back to IR. Like any IR device, line-of-sight is required between your equipment and Tx, and between your remote and RX.

I suggest buying a cheap universal remote for bathroom use to prevent damage to your OEM remotes due to some unfortunate mishap involving water.
After re-reading your post, can you elaborate on the speaker? Is is self powered with a remote?

I need a coffee!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater General Discussion