Best Blu-ray Deals

Black Friday Week is Live, $3.99 Blu-ray Movies »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$29.99
22 hrs ago
Chef (Blu-ray)
$9.99
16 hrs ago
Rain Man (Blu-ray)
$3.99

The Purge: Anarchy (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
A Million Ways to Die in the West (Blu-ray)
$9.99
22 hrs ago
X-Men: First Class (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Person of Interest: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Princess Bride (Blu-ray)
$3.99
17 hrs ago
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
$3.99

Lone Survivor (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Avengers (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Star Trek: The Next Generation, Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$27.75
29 min ago

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 10-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #1161
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog151 View Post
I just tried out Videogameboxprotectors and have to say I quite like them.
They fit plastic sealed steelbooks nicely however, won't fit those with cardboard J-cards or 1/4 slips
and opened steels fit very loose.

I've tried Steelbook Centrals SC2 and those are absolutely perfect for opened steelboooks with no J-card/slip
The one thing I noticed about videogameboxprotectors is that they are thicker and more clear than the SC2.

I've read that Steelbook Central is coming out with some new slipcovers next month so those will be on my radar.
I got a batch from videogamboxprotectors protectors. 25. Used 14. No problems. All mine are in plastic wrapping. Viva cases for with a tiny a,pint of space left top to bottom. MetalPaks fit sealed but a tad tight. But once in they look fine. Steelbooks sealed with j cards fit fine. Only thing I had to do is really bend the top and bottom sections. Not doing that they didn't want to stay closed. Once I bent them, no problem. I'm quite pleased. And they packed them great.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #1162

Apr 2013
Default DVD Sleeve

i found some great bluray steelbook covers from this thread, but i have about 15 WWE dvd steelbooks i would like to get covers for, any suggestion? i am really not sure the size for these.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #1163

Oct 2013
USA

VideoGameBoxProtectors has DVD-sized steelbook shells. There are some pics of those sizes on the previous page.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #1164

Mar 2011
Universe

Which are good for steelbooks with cardboard j-cards and slips? I got clear sleeves with the adhesive strip from blu-steel on ebay I think that seem to work well with the info sheets like the Pacific Rim Japan steel but I don't know where else to find them or which protection are good.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #1165
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
MS, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniBlu View Post
Which are good for steelbooks with cardboard j-cards and slips? I got clear sleeves with the adhesive strip from blu-steel on ebay I think that seem to work well with the info sheets like the Pacific Rim Japan steel but I don't know where else to find them or which protection are good.
I use the ones from http://www.mov-style.fr/en/ for my steelbooks with thicker slips. For example, I opened Maleficent and it fits perfectly. Had the shrink-wrap still been on, that may be another thing. Sealed steels with the thinner j-cards/slips fit well.

FYI - I don't know why the website is offline or how long it will be down for but it appears to be a long-term thing. Some HDN members have been having issues since June and that person isn't active on HDN anymore. So I guess that site isn't a good source for protection sleeves anymore Glad I future-proofed myself and got some extras on my last order
Old 11-10-2014, 09:07 PM   #1166

Oct 2013
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniBlu View Post
The VGBP ones fit most J-Cards, but not full slips.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #1167

Mar 2011
Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
I use the ones from http://www.mov-style.fr/en/ for my steelbooks with thicker slips. For example, I opened Maleficent and it fits perfectly. Had the shrink-wrap still been on, that may be another thing. Sealed steels with the thinner j-cards/slips fit well.

FYI - I don't know why the website is offline or how long it will be down for but it appears to be a long-term thing. Some HDN members have been having issues since June and that person isn't active on HDN anymore. So I guess that site isn't a good source for protection sleeves anymore Glad I future-proofed myself and got some extras on my last order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava_Lander View Post
The VGBP ones fit most J-Cards, but not full slips.
Alright, thanks. I've been checking them out. Btw, I meant roseart on ebay not blu-steel and I remember the clear sleeves being from hidefninja so I'll check their site again. So which ones do fit on full slips? And while I'm at it which are good for jumbo steels and amarays with slipcovers and digibook and digipacks? I'm not sure if there's a thread for these others but is there anything that would fit all these using the same protectives?
Old 11-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #1168

Nov 2013
Toronto

anyone know where i can get those oker brand sleeves?

i ordered them once and they were great, cant find them anymore
Old 11-21-2014, 03:30 AM   #1169

Jun 2010
Miami

Just ordered 25 from Videogameboxprotectors, seems like a great price compared to blastula from eBay.

Lets see how it goes.

BTW they should make a master list of sites to purchase these things, I had to dig through ALOT of pages to find info, the first pages should be edited to include all the sites and advice. Just my opinion as its kind of annoying reading page after page.
OIF Vet - Infantry
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks