Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Fantastic Mr. Fox (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Watership Down (Blu-ray)
$23.49
Rushmore (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole / Hugo (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Gone with the Pope (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Red Cliff Part I & II (Blu-ray)
$8.99
The Royal Tenenbaums (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Parts 1 & 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Force Majeure (Blu-ray)
$13.49
Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D / Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
The Darjeeling Limited (Blu-ray)
$19.99
COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Old 01-11-2015, 03:29 AM   #281
Banned

Dec 2014
-

Stickers aren't fun.

Last edited by the fly; 01-15-2015 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:44 AM   #282

Jan 2015

I hate the stickers over the description of the film. Plus who is in it.
:( :( :(
Old 01-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #283

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
I like how best buy price stickers don't even have the price on them anymore. They need to stop putting those on.
Not to mention, the way Best Buy is set up now, every Blu Ray should have a price marker underneath it on the shelf. There is really no need for these stickers other than to piss us off lol.
Thanks given by:
Mikester71 (01-12-2015)
Old 01-11-2015, 03:12 PM   #284

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester71 View Post
Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed by these stupid stickers!

I've stopped trying to get the Best Buy white ones off all together now. They seem to be the worst ones.
It's true, the worst!
Old 01-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #285

Jan 2015

I have not been to a BB in year or two.
:( :( :(
Old 01-12-2015, 09:38 AM   #286

Mar 2013
Ontario, Canada

So I found something equally as annoying last week on some used blu's I bought at one of our local pawn shops. For some reason, it wasn't enough to just put a price sticker on the outside of the blu-ray case; they had to go and put price stickers on the paper artwork part of each cover underneath the clear sleeve.

Talk about a pain trying to peel them off! I had to slip each cover out of their case and then slowly pick away at them (yes, some actually had 2 different stickers on top of each other - different sizes too) ever so gently so as not rip or tear the paper!

Untitled.jpg

Last edited by Mikester71; 01-12-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:43 PM   #287

Jul 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester71 View Post
So I found something equally as annoying last week on some used blu's I bought at one of our local pawn shops. For some reason, it wasn't enough to just put a price sticker on the outside of the blu-ray case; they had to go and put price stickers on the paper artwork part of each cover underneath the clear sleeve.

Talk about a pain trying to peel them off! I had to slip each cover out of their case and then slowly pick away at them (yes, some actually had 2 different stickers on top of each other - different sizes too) ever so gently so as not rip or tear the paper!

Attachment 105849
I hated when Gamestop did that exact same thing to new (open/gutted) and used video games. They seem to have stopped doing that after the PS4 came out so hopefully it doesn't come back.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:38 AM   #288
Special Member

Dec 2008

Just thought I'd share a technique I recently discovered - Elmer's rubber cement. I know it sounds weird but if you have sticker residue on a slip or steelbook, spread a light layer of rubber cement on there, let it sit for maybe 10-15 seconds, and then just rub it off with your thumb. I've used it before but today it passed the ultimate test: I used it on one of those B&N price stickers today; took a solid 5-10 minutes to carefully peel the sticker off without ripping the slip but even after that there was a ridiculous amount of goop. A little bit of rubber cement and the sticker came off without a problem. Anyway, just thought I'd share
The last time the Academy Award for Best Picture went to the year's actual best picture: 2006 The Departed.
2007 No Country for Old Men (Zodiac) 2008 Slumdog Millionaire (The Dark Knight) 2009 The Hurt Locker (Inglourious Basterds) 2010 The King's Speech (The Social Network) 2011 The Artist (Drive) 2012 Argo (Skyfall) 2013 12 Years a Slave (The Wolf of Wall Street) 2014 Birdman (Interstellar)
Thanks given by:
Smigro (Yesterday)
Old 01-14-2015, 02:10 AM   #289
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2012

Old 02-25-2015, 02:43 AM   #290

Jun 2011
Hong Kong

I think Fox takes the crown for the worst studio in terms of slipcovers and packaging, their labels are always pain to remove, my birdman slip is ruined when i remove the label with cleaning fluid ...the reds seem faded a bit

Universal/Disney labels are the easiest to remove in my opinion.

Why they cant just shrink wrap the slip too and put the damn labels outside the shrink wrap? I still don't get it after these years.
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (02-25-2015)
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #291
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Harlem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttmax View Post
I think Fox takes the crown for the worst studio in terms of slipcovers and packaging, their labels are always pain to remove, my birdman slip is ruined when i remove the label with cleaning fluid ...the reds seem faded a bit

Universal/Disney labels are the easiest to remove in my opinion.

Why they cant just shrink wrap the slip too and put the damn labels outside the shrink wrap? I still don't get it after these years.
When it comes to slips like Birdman, Planet of the Apes reboots, etc, I don't even bother to try to take the stickers off & I get the movies from Target since they don't add stickers like Best Buy. If the "UV code" stickers are too hard to take off I just leave them.
PSN: JD_from_da_80s
Playing Destiny, GTAV, CoD:AW, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Disney Infinity 2.0, Infamous: Second Son

Blus for sale | DC & UV codes for sale | 2015 Purchases
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers