Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Baby Driver 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$99.99
8 hrs ago
The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
$9.99
3 hrs ago
2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.85
5 hrs ago
Call Me by Your Name (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
Justice League (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Outlander: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$9.99
9 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Ferdinand (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
The Naked Gun Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$9.90
11 hrs ago
I Kill Giants (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 05-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
What's especially sweet is it's now paid for.
It's always nice to have cars paid off. I just started a new car payment (first one due tomorrow actually. ). I am hoping that I can have it paid off within two years. My last car I paid off in 18 months. And the one before that as about 30 months.

I hate paying interest on stuff, especially stuff that depreciates.

BTW, nice car and setup.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Onkyo Pro PR-SC5508P | M2Tech Young DAC | Emotiva XPA-1 (x3), XPA-2
Oppo BDP-93 | DirecTV HR23-700 HD-DVR
Sony Playstation 3 | Nintendo Wii | Apple TV 2, Mac Mini (iTunes Server), iPad
B&W 804S, HTM3S, CWM DS8S | SVS PB12-NSD | Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
Tripp Lite HT1210ISOCTR Power Conditioner, SMART1000LCD UPS System
My flickr account | My Five Year HT Upgrade Plan
Next Upgrade: Cables
Old 05-23-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammie View Post
It's always nice to have cars paid off. I just started a new car payment (first one due tomorrow actually. ). I am hoping that I can have it paid off within two years. My last car I paid off in 18 months. And the one before that as about 30 months.

I hate paying interest on stuff, especially stuff that depreciates.

BTW, nice car and setup.
Thx for visiting Hammie. I was lucky when I bought the car new. My interest rate was only 1.9% thru the dealer. When I put 20K down on the car the dealer said "At this interest rate why are you putting so much down?" I responded "because I can."

What kind of car did you buy if I may ask?
AL
“If at first you don't succeed, try something easier.”

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Denon AVR-4311ci, DR-M10HX Monster HTS-5000 Outlaw Model 750
Klipsch Forte II, RP-450CA, IW-100, KSB 1.1
Velodyne VA 1012 Hsu Research ULS-15 Triple Drive
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Quote:
Thx for visiting Hammie. I was lucky when I bought the car new. My interest rate was only 1.9% thru the dealer. When I put 20K down on the car the dealer said "At this interest rate why are you putting so much down?" I responded "because I can."

What kind of car did you buy if I may ask?
I just got a 2011 Honda Pilot. I'm totally loving it. This is the closest my wife will allow me to get a pickup truck. You take what you can get, right?

Because of the interest rate we got (1.9%), we decided that we were getting more return on our savings (I think we are around 3.2-3.5% through my wifes credit union) than the car loan would save us. Therefore, I paid for all the tax, title, etc. out of pocket and only financed the negotiated price of the vehicle. We just usually pay extra when we can, which is usually every month I get a commission check.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM   #24
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
I just got a 2011 Honda Pilot. I'm totally loving it. This is the closest my wife will allow me to get a pickup truck. You take what you can get, right?

Because of the interest rate we got (1.9%), we decided that we were getting more return on our savings (I think we are around 3.2-3.5% through my wifes credit union) than the car loan would save us. Therefore, I paid for all the tax, title, etc. out of pocket and only financed the negotiated price of the vehicle. We just usually pay extra when we can, which is usually every month I get a commission check.
All I was trying to do was lower the monthly payments. I was going to buy a used one when I was looking but the wife said "Let's just get a new one" since they do not depreciate as fast as some other cars.
AL

Sharp Quattron LC-70LE735U Oppo BDP-103 Pioneer Elite CLD-79 Darbeevision DVP-5000
Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #25
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

You guys are luckier being in the US , the cars are cheaper it always allow to raise the bar a little more . I always had american cars , i have a Magnum and a Intrepid one for travelling the other to go to work .
Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM   #26
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
You guys are luckier being in the US , the cars are cheaper it always allow to raise the bar a little more . I always had american cars , i have a Magnum and a Intrepid one for travelling the other to go to work .
I guess you could say most things are cheaper here then in Canada. And that sucks.

BTW I am on my 7th car and this is my first foreign car. I had 1 Ford, 3 Chevys, an Eagle Talon(customized and I won an award with it at a MOPAR meet >> I will post a picture when I can) , a Trans Am (owned for 14 years) and now the G.
AL

Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:
I guess you could say most things are cheaper here then in Canada. And that sucks.

BTW I am on my 7th car and this is my first foreign car. I had 1 Ford, 3 Chevys, an Eagle Talon(customized and I won an award with it at a MOPAR meet >> I will post a picture when I can) , a Trans Am (owned for 14 years) and now the G.
That`s cool , if i remember i had about 18 cars in 23 years from here in Canada and Europe . Normally its one for me other for the wife , but my daily drive since i work in construction and not on the cleanest side ( cement ) so i normally for me i have older cars .
Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 PM   #28
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almadacr View Post
That`s cool , if i remember i had about 18 cars in 23 years from here in Canada and Europe . Normally its one for me other for the wife , but my daily drive since i work in construction and not on the cleanest side ( cement ) so i normally for me i have older cars .
Wow Your pretty rough on cars eh? J/k

My wife says I drive them hard but only 7 cars in 35 years. Plus I used to live up in the northern parts of the USA and the winters are brutal on cars. If I still lived up there I would be driving an old used POS. That is one of the perks of living in the south.
AL

Old 05-23-2011, 07:09 PM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Quote:

My wife says I drive them hard but only 7 cars in 35 years. Plus I used to live up in the northern parts of the USA and the winters are brutal on cars. If I still lived up there I would be driving an old used POS. That is one of the perks of living in the south.
I had a 1991 Chevy Cavalier that saw some nasty winters in Erie, PA. The last couple years of its life was in Maryland. However, when I went to trade it in, one of the dealerships laughed, asked if it was ever in a flood, and only offered me $50 for it as a trade. Obviously, they did not get my business and that car company has since went under...

Anyway, I usually always drive my cars until they start costing me more on an annual basis than a new car payment would cost me.

I am only on my 5th car in 21-22 years -- 1969 Cadillac El Dorado, 1984 Chevy Cavalier, 1991 Chevy Cavalier, 1999 Honda Accord, and 2011 Honda Pilot. I should have kept and garaged the El Dorado, but did not have a place to store it. I just could not afford the gas in that thing.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2011

Quote:

That`s one of the reasons the winter are hard on cars , but i travel also a bit during summer , adding that i put some millage in the cars but i save a bit of money because i`m the one repairing them ( i just change break pads and rooters back and front on the Intrepid for 200$) ... next year i will buy one for the wife that she wants but that will be a keeper for the years to come and retirement - Mustang Convertible .

Last edited by Almadacr; 05-23-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #31
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
I had a 1991 Chevy Cavalier that saw some nasty winters in Erie, PA. The last couple years of its life was in Maryland. However, when I went to trade it in, one of the dealerships laughed, asked if it was ever in a flood, and only offered me $50 for it as a trade. Obviously, they did not get my business and that car company has since went under...

Anyway, I usually always drive my cars until they start costing me more on an annual basis than a new car payment would cost me.

I am only on my 5th car in 21-22 years -- 1969 Cadillac El Dorado, 1984 Chevy Cavalier, 1991 Chevy Cavalier, 1999 Honda Accord, and 2011 Honda Pilot. I should have kept and garaged the El Dorado, but did not have a place to store it. I just could not afford the gas in that thing.
Me too Hammie only my first 3 beaters lasted a short time. It's funny you mention the 91 Cavalier, one of my cars was the 91 Z24 Chevy Cavalier, it even had a wing on the trunk. It was a fun car.

On a side note, I sure hope no one visiting gets turned off by the car talk. I don't mind but anyone else visiting please do not hesitate to ask me about anything related to Home Theaters. It was one of the reasons I joined.
AL

Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM   #32
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Quote:
Me too Hammie only my first 3 beaters lasted a short time. It's funny you mention the 91 Cavalier, one of my cars was the 91 Z24 Chevy Cavalier, it even had a wing on the trunk. It was a fun car.

On a side note, I sure hope no one visiting gets turned off by the car talk. I don't mind but anyone else visiting please do not hesitate to ask me about anything related to Home Theaters. It was one of the reasons I joined.
Mine was not the Z version, but yes, they were fun cars. I had a huge stereo in mine... which all got stolen after forgetting to arm my alarm...

Sorry for the derailment of your thread with car talk.
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #33
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Mine was not the Z version, but yes, they were fun cars. I had a huge stereo in mine... which all got stolen after forgetting to arm my alarm...

Sorry for the derailment of your thread with car talk.
That must have sucked on the theft of your stereo. My Z24 was keyed by a troubled ex co-worker. Luckily he was just pissed at me and left my then Alpine stereo alone since the car was locked.

And please do not be sorry. Like I said I do not mind the car talk, I just want other visitors to come on in, sit a spell, and leave a post on whatever topic they choose. I am just trying to be accommodating to all since I just started this thread yesterday and as they say "learning the ropes." I belong to another forum which sometimes the posters took themselves way to seriously.

BTW This place should get to be more interesting once I post some more pics of my systems. Especially the 4 subwoofers in the main system.

What I really need from you Hammie is to come over to my place and take some great pictures with your camera. My picture taking skills sucks. Hell maybe I can get LDG to swing by, he takes good pictures too.
AL

Last edited by hometheatergeek; 05-23-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #34
Blu-ray Champion

May 2008
Washington, DC Metro

Quote:
That must have sucked on the theft of your stereo. My Z24 was keyed by a troubled ex co-worker. Luckily he was just pissed at me and left my then Alpine stereo alone since the car was locked.

And please do not be sorry. Like I said I do not mind the car talk, I just want other visitors to come on in, sit a spell, and leave a post on whatever topic they choose. I am just trying to be accommodating to all since I just started this thread yesterday and as they say "learning the ropes." I belong to another forum which sometimes the posters took themselves way to seriously.

BTW This place should get to be more interesting once I post some more pics of my systems. Especially the 4 subwoofers in the main system.
If it the place from where Lawrence linked to your HT, then yes, they do sometimes take themselves too seriously (and that it putting it kind. I could use some other words, too. ).
Panasonic TC-P65VT30
Old 05-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #35
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

Nice car!. I'm looking at getting a 2006-2008 Infiniti G35 coupe maybe this year. It really depends though on what other "toys" I want to buy.
Sony: KDL70W850B 70-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV, HT-CT150 3.1 Sound Bar, PlayStation 4,
Sony STR-DH740 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver
Drobo FS NAS: 20 terabytes
Synology 213J NAS: 6 terabytes
Vizio: M-Series 32" 120hz 1080p Smart LED TV
Samsung: (2) 28-Inch 4K Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (U28D590D)
Apple: 27" Retina 5K iMac, Mac Mini MGEN2LL/A, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Retina Mini
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #36
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo

Quote:
Hello fellow Bluray.com members. My name is Al. Most ppl call me HTG here on this and other forums.

So here we are today with what HTG has in his current home systems (see below). This thread will be under construction as time permits.
What's going on here? Is this judgement day? Somebody pinch me. HTG has his own thread now?

Lookin' good, amigo. HTG is in da house! It's about freakin' time.

I see you're pimpin' in the car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek
Maybe now I will get some slack from a certain senator AKA LDG and our resident party animal AKA Waboman.

Oh and my current Avatar is my dog Shelby GT Mustang who is a rat terrier.
Shelby GT Mustang knows the truth.
When life gives you limes… make margaritas
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 PM   #37
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanMF View Post
Nice car!. I'm looking at getting a 2006-2008 Infiniti G35 coupe maybe this year. It really depends though on what other "toys" I want to buy.
Forget the other toys for awhile. This has been the most fun I have ever had in a car. The 2006 was the last year they made my style car. I do not find the 2007 and newer car as sexy as the older models. They seem to have been made more to look like the sedan then an aggressive sports car. But that's my opinion. Either way they are pretty sweet as LDG says. You can't go wrong either way.
AL

Old 05-24-2011, 12:02 AM   #38
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
What's going on here? Is this judgement day? Somebody pinch me. HTG has his own thread now?

Lookin' good, amigo. HTG is in da house! It's about freakin' time.

I see you're pimpin' in the car too.

Shelby GT Mustang knows the truth.
Well, well, well look who is back from traveling the world on a whim. See what you miss when you are playing the James Bond role? So how was the trip and forgive me but how did your twins fare?

I got tired of your whining that my thread was not up yet... so lets review HTG 1 (now has his HT, somewhat gallery online) vs Wabo 0 for not watching Tron:Legacy yet. Love ya brotha.
AL

Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #39
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2007
Iowa

Quote:
Forget the other toys for awhile. This has been the most fun I have ever had in a car. The 2006 was the last year they made my style car. I do not find the 2007 and newer car as sexy as the older models. They seem to have been made more to look like the sedan then an aggressive sports car. But that's my opinion. Either way they are pretty sweet as LDG says. You can't go wrong either way.
Well 2006 is probably the oldest year I can get a car loan (and would be reasonable...insurance wouldn't as I'm told this car is one of the highest to insure) so I'll see. There is a matter of completing my media/streaming/2 channel setup. Also I know what route I'm going to take for the surround sound (my surround sound setup...I currently have 2 of those...is completely separate from my 2 channel setup). There is also a matter of buying a dslr camera or 2, paying off 1 specific student loan, finish up few college classes, go to europe, and possible push to buy my grandparent's house off of the estate. I'm taking donations....
Sony: KDL70W850B 70-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Smart LED TV, HT-CT150 3.1 Sound Bar, PlayStation 4,
Sony STR-DH740 7.2 Channel 4K AV Receiver
Drobo FS NAS: 20 terabytes
Synology 213J NAS: 6 terabytes
Vizio: M-Series 32" 120hz 1080p Smart LED TV
Samsung: (2) 28-Inch 4K Ultra High Definition LED Monitor (U28D590D)
Apple: 27" Retina 5K iMac, Mac Mini MGEN2LL/A, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Retina Mini
Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Northern Delaware

Quote:
Well, well, well look who is back from traveling the world on a whim. See what you miss when you are playing the James Bond role? So how was the trip and forgive me but how did your twins fare?

I got tired of your whining that my thread was not up yet... so lets review HTG 1 (now has his HT, somewhat gallery online) vs Wabo 0 for not watching Tron:Legacy yet. Love ya brotha.
HTG, if you're wondering where Wabo is, he's currently doing inventory making sure the wifey didn't auction anything off or sell at the neighborhood yard sale that took place while he was off galavanting in the sunshine,... on a whim!
Regards,

Ldgibson76
Current Configuration
The 2-channel within
"Chance favors only the prepared mind." Louis Pasteur
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries