COLLECT WATCH TRACK RATE REVIEW APP
Manage your own movie collection and always keep it with you with our Apps. Price track movies and get price drop notifications instantly. Become a member to take full advantage of all site features.
GET STARTED

Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99
Battle Royale (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Leviathan (Blu-ray)
$15.89
Source Code (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gangs of New York (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Last Action Hero (Blu-ray)
$5.19
Pacific Rim (Blu-ray)
$9.99
Ong Bak Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$20.99
Last Vegas (Blu-ray)
$9.99
World War Z 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.18
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (Blu-ray)
$22.99
Nymphomaniac: Volumes I and II (Blu-ray)
$17.99
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Double Pack (Blu-ray)
$19.96
Batman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$189.99
Cannibal Holocaust (Blu-ray)
$30.00
The Big Chill (Blu-ray)
$27.59
Jaws (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Mr. Peabody & Sherman 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
Apollo 18 (Blu-ray)
$7.79

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-15-2014, 08:29 PM   #261
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

I'm familiar with all of these except Body Count and Eyes Of A Stranger. I'm disappointed that you find faults in practically every listed title. I love all of the films except the 2 highlighted and New Year's Evil, the latter only because it wasn't a film I grew up with (it's still enjoyable enough for me). Yes, nostalgia is a big factor on the reasons why I and others like these films. If you claim to like a certain type of film or genre but look for faults then you're going to find them. By the time you're done you're just going to give up.
Attention NYC-area members: selling some BDs real cheap, some Criterions, a TT (Alamo Bay), lots of horror titles, many just $5. PM for full list and info
Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #262
Special Member

Jan 2011

It's not like finding something flawless and beyond reproach is a prerequisite for finding it immensely enjoyable. I'd be hard pressed to name a film I find flawless. Those are generally all endorsements with caveats. Why would you presume I'm actively "looking" for faults? Those are honest impressions, positive AND negative, I've reached having seen those flicks multiple times.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #263
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Sandwich View Post
It's not like finding something flawless and beyond reproach is a prerequisite for finding it immensely enjoyable. I'd be hard pressed to name a film I find flawless. Those are generally all endorsements with caveats. Why would you presume I'm actively "looking" for faults? Those are honest impressions, positive AND negative, I've reached having seen those flicks multiple times.

I know I'm watching something the rest of the world considers junk and I know none of this stuff is high art but I turn all of that preconception off before I sit down to watch the films. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up with this stuff
Attention NYC-area members: selling some BDs real cheap, some Criterions, a TT (Alamo Bay), lots of horror titles, many just $5. PM for full list and info
Old 07-15-2014, 09:02 PM   #264
Special Member

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
I know I'm watching something the rest of the world considers junk and I know none of this stuff is high art but I turn all of that preconception off before I sit down to watch the films. Maybe I'm biased because I grew up with this stuff
I too approach with that general mindset, as I assume most any reasonable person would, but I can't will myself into being oblivious of shortcomings just because I'm being consciously forgiving and tolerant. The weaknesses I mentioned were relative to what I find to be stronger genre entries as opposed to the overall span of narrative film.

Last edited by Bad Sandwich; 07-15-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #265

Oct 2011
Ontario

I'd love The Mutilator to get an blu-ray - hell even a nice brand DVD would be nice at this point.
But I actually quite like Girls Nite Out. I know it's pretty hated, but I enjoyed the creepy tone it had. And the ending gave me chills.

But I pretty well want and will buy and 70s and 80s slasher film that will get released on blu-ray so bring on all of them!
Trailer for my horror short: http://youtu.be/YU4zLROdO_M
Old 07-17-2014, 09:17 PM   #266

Feb 2013

Still no pre-order up at blowitoutahere. Argh. Curtains went up almost immediately. What gives with Prom Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp_Crystal_Lake View Post
What is everyone's top five slashers that are not on Blu Ray?
1. Night School (this one definitely deserves much better treatment than a DVD-r)

2. Madman (sounds like it's in the works, though!)

3. The Mutilator (someone HAS to release this one someday, surely!)

4. April Fools Day (the DVD transfer was gorgeous... I can only imagine how much better it would look on Blu-ray!)

5. Fatal Games (awful for sure, but I'd be willing to give it another chance if someone gave it a halfway decent transfer that's better than the murky, too-dark typical Media Home Entertainment transfer it received on VHS.)

Honorable Mentions: The Slayer, Hell Night, Body Count, Mortuary, Girls Nite Out, Fade to Black, Slaughterhouse, Mountaintop Motel Massacre, The Initiation, Terror on Tour, New Year's Evil
"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

Last edited by WesReviews; 07-17-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:39 PM   #267

Feb 2013

FINALLY!!!
"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Thanks given by:
zbinks (07-24-2014)
Old 07-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #268
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Now we need a coupon!
BRAINS
Old 07-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #269
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Brooklyn, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
Now we need a coupon!
It's less than $14! Can't get any lower than that
Old 07-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #270

Feb 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
It's less than $14! Can't get any lower than that
Sure it could.

With a coupon.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America