Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Blow (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
WCW's Greatest Pay-Per-View Matches, Volume 1 (Blu-ray)
$18.74
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
The Art of the Steal (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96
History of the World: Part I (Blu-ray)
$6.16

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #101

May 2010
Vancouver Island BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintx View Post
Still waiting for an explanation ????
Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #102

May 2010

Well I guess your silence is my answer, that or it would simply take too long to hunt-and-peck out an answer on your key-board.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #103
Special Member

Jan 2008
Covington, KY

First of all, I actually have stuff to do.

The facepalm was in response to your response to brandon_260, and you obviously still have no idea why your response was so hilarious.

You call going into a thread for a movie and saying it sucks and a film legend as having no talent as having "balls." Also, quite hilarious.

I'm not going to answer your stupid question. The experience of watching the movie will tell you what you need to know about it; if you're incapable of getting anything of value from the movie, that's your problem. Trying to sum up for you what the movie was "about" would defeat the purpose of the movie's existence. It is its own thing; a summation is something else.

What I really take issue with is douchebags like you who come into a thread for a film and have nothing to say beyond the most idiotic banality. There are plenty of things that one could argue that are "wrong" with the film and do so in an intelligent manner. You're too stupid to do anything of that sort. Instead you wrote...I'm sorry, you wrighted some nonsense and capped it off with mocking Cronenberg and everyone who enjoyed the film.

Your entitled to your opinion...your stupid, uninformed opinion.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
Old 04-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #104
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007
Vancouver, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_260 View Post
I don't think Cronenberg "wrights" anything.
Nor does he use "lingwistical truncation."

Quote:

The facepalm was in response to your response to brandon_260, and you obviously still have no idea why your response was so hilarious.

You call going into a thread for a movie and saying it sucks and a film legend as having no talent as having "balls." Also, quite hilarious.

I'm not going to answer your stupid question. The experience of watching the movie will tell you what you need to know about it; if you're incapable of getting anything of value from the movie, that's your problem. Trying to sum up for you what the movie was "about" would defeat the purpose of the movie's existence. It is its own thing; a summation is something else.

What I really take issue with is douchebags like you who come into a thread for a film and have nothing to say beyond the most idiotic banality. There are plenty of things that one could argue that are "wrong" with the film and do so in an intelligent manner. You're too stupid to do anything of that sort. Instead you wrote...I'm sorry, you wrighted some nonsense and capped it off with mocking Cronenberg and everyone who enjoyed the film.

HT EQUIPMENT: Sony Bravia KDL-52W3000, Onkyo 805, B&W M-1s & AS-2 Sub, 60GB PS3, Toshiba HD-A2

PSN COLLECTION: Angry Birds, Bomberman Ultra, Flower, Joust, LBP: Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves, Magic Orbz, Super Stardust HD, Trials Of Topoq, Wipeout HD.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #105

May 2010

Quote:

You got it, I am glad you found some of my things hilarios.
You're taking this all too seriously and I am sorry that you have to succumb to calling me stupid and a douchebag but I have a thick skin. He He He.

I am mocking Cronenberg, I don't think he is a genius, I feel he comes across as being quite arrogant but as you said, these are just my opinions.

And yes I would/need someone to explain the movie to me, I am not as thick as you may perceive me to be, but I would really like to hear what you opinion is on the movies message. Inform me then as I will remain uninformed...

Last edited by Jeff R 1; 04-07-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #106
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009

Looking at that staue is how I felt after watching this movie.
most wanted blus: the Legend of 1900, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Sheena Queen of the Jungle, Farinelli, Joe Dirt, the Conformist, the Last Castle, Charlies Angels: Full Throttle most wanted rereleases: Interview w/the Vampire Unrated Director's Cut w/lossless audio. Vizio 42" LCD passive 3D, Panasonic bdt310, PS3 slim 60 gb, Denon AVR 590, Polk Audio rm6750, Sennhieser hd 280 pro.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 AM   #107
Special Member

Jan 2008
Covington, KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R 1 View Post
You got it, I am glad you found some of my things hilarios.
You're taking this all too seriously and I am sorry that you have to succumb to calling me stupid and a douchebag but I have a thick skin. He He He.

I am mocking Cronenberg, I don't think he is a genius, but as you said, these are just my opinions.

And yes I would/need someone to explain the movie to me, I am not as thick as you may perceive me to be, but I would really like to hear what you opinion is on the movies message. Inform me then as I will remain uninformed...
Let me give you an example. I watched Mulholland Drive 5 times without really understanding it. Sure, I had plenty of notions regarding its themes and every time I watched it, I got more and more out of it, but that's not the same as being able to explain what its "point" was. My lack of understanding it did not, in anyway, make me dislike the film; and if anything, it may have contributed to its allure. On the sixth time, I got it; I got everything about it. I could sit and explain to you what's going on from scene to scene and why. But, what would be the point of that? It's from the experience of watching the movie itself that you're supposed to get something from the movie. Trying to distill an artsy-fartsy movie like this into an easily consumable single point is almost disrespectful in a sense. You're supposed to watch the movie and judge your reaction to any given moment.

If you thought the dialogue was nonsensical and had no purpose, that's fine, what do you think the "point" of having nonsensical dialogue was then? What were you thinking about during these supposedly pointless dialogue exchanges (note: "bored" is not an acceptable answer)? I know what I thought of during that extraordinarily taxing scene where Samantha Morton was prattling on, but what I was thinking of at that moment after what I already had experienced from the movie is likely quite different from your or anyone else's experience and, as such, it would be utterly pointless for me to relay my reaction to you. Cronenberg is an artist, he knows what he's doing and you sitting there trying to pry a single point from all of the things going on in the film is in reality ignoring everything that's going on at any given time. To summarize, watch movies like this "in the moment." If you do this, then you'll "understand" the movie in a much more important, and ultimately, rewarding, way than garnering some sort of all-encompassing "message" from it. You have to be willing to put some actual work in.

I recommend you read a few, more articulate than I can manage, articles by Jim Emerson with regard to the subject of understanding movies like this:
http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2...ever_talk.html
http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2..._too_much.html
http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2...it_all_me.html
http://blogs.suntimes.com/scanners/2..._it_works.html
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
Old 04-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #108
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via AIM to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via MSN to deepbreathsanddeath Send a message via Skype™ to deepbreathsanddeath

It should be noted that every line of dialogue is lifted directly from the book which it's based on. Cronenberg basically just seems to of re-wrote HOW each line ends up being delivered and which ones made the cut for his film. He's an extremely intelligent man, but people should stop behaving as if he's the only one responsible for the writing in the film. The dialogue is what most people have a problem with and he didn't write that. So get over it.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #109
Expert Member

Jun 2012
Fort Scott, KS

I watched this just the other day with my wife, she is a twilight fan so she was happy to watch another Robbie Pattie movie, she told me to turn it off when the check-up scene came on

I enjoyed the film for what it was but not my favorite Cronenberg or anything but still thought provoing and interesting
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America