Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$5.00
Ender's Game (Blu-ray)
$13.00
Gremlins (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gravity 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Gravity (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (Blu-ray)
$12.99
Reality Bites (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Blu-ray)
$5.99
Ripper Street: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Ocean Giants (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Diary of a Wimpy Kid Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.98
Weird Science (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Planet Earth | Life (Blu-ray)
$54.99
The Goonies (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Despicable Me 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Beetlejuice (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Great Rift (Blu-ray)
$11.99
Old 12-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Special Member

Feb 2010
Atlantic Canada
Canada UltraViolet now in Canada?

Noticed a few releases here, i.e. Premium Rush and Ted advertising UV downloads. Does this mean prior codes now work in Canada?
Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #2

Feb 2010
Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain85 View Post
Noticed a few releases here, i.e. Premium Rush and Ted advertising UV downloads. Does this mean prior codes now work in Canada?
I don't know about prior codes but Total Recall worked.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 AM   #3

Dec 2009
Ontario, Canada

I suppose it is, unfortunately. I tossed my code for Total Recall, just as I'll toss any future UV code. One of the few differences I liked between Canadian and US releases was that we almost always got a digital copy when the American version had Ultraviolet.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #4

Jan 2013

is there any providers working with ultraviolet yet... I've seen several new releases now have UV copies. read cineplex was doing it but I haven't been able to find a way to link a uv account to the store just the redeem title. would be nice if Canada would get there act together with licencing deals to get the ball rolling so I can stream some movies with a ps3 or xbox.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #5

Jan 2013

Ted, Total Recall, and The Bourne Legacy are the only codes I have. They all worked fine. All movies were day one purchases and day 1 redeems. The only UV code I have had an issue with is Supernatural Season 7, but I ordered that from the States.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEH View Post
Ted, Total Recall, and The Bourne Legacy are the only codes I have. They all worked fine. All movies were day one purchases and day 1 redeems. The only UV code I have had an issue with is Supernatural Season 7, but I ordered that from the States.
Use a US proxy to redeem it (If you didn't give it away) and then you can still access it after that through your normal Canadian IP. That is what I have done with US and UK codes. Only one I am having a hard time redeeming is a Top Gear one from the UK since the image to click to redeem it keeps not loading
Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM   #7

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post
Use a US proxy to redeem it (If you didn't give it away) and then you can still access it after that through your normal Canadian IP. That is what I have done with US and UK codes. Only one I am having a hard time redeeming is a Top Gear one from the UK since the image to click to redeem it keeps not loading
Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about it, but I did end up giving it away. I rarely watch digital copies or Ultraviolet. If I could buy blu rays foes a couple bucks cheaper without them, I would.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #8

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa85 View Post

What are you using to watch your redeemed Ultraviolets?, ( console/provider?)
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 AM   #9

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshield View Post
What are you using to watch your redeemed Ultraviolets?, ( console/provider?)
Just through my Flixster app on my iPad. I don't watch them very often. Just when I'm out of town.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Just received the Africa BBC Earth set from Amazon, and it comes with Ultraviolet sticker on it.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada

Thanks to Jakdonark for pointing out that some iTunes codes work on Flixster if using a US proxy. Possibly something that was known already and posted elsewhere on the forum and I am just behind on things. I know there is a thread about old iTunes codes working with Flixster but figured that was US codes only and not the Canadian codes working through US proxies too. Possible for some you don't even need to use a US proxy if they are listed under the redeem for Canada too but US has a bigger selection of what you can redeem.

But might as well start making a list here focused on what works.........

UV Codes In Canada

-Gangster Squad
-Spies of Warsaw
-Hotel Transylvania
-The Guilt Trip (Although for some reason it isn't showing up on Flixster after being redeemed.)
-Company of Heroes
-This is 40
-Les Miserables
-Ted
-Schindler's List
-BBC Earth Africa
-Argo
-The Man With The Iron Fists
-Here Comes The Boom
-Flight
-Pitch Perfect
-Premium Rush
-Trouble With The Curve
-Total Recall (2012)
-The Hobbit
-The Bourne Legacy
-Jack Reacher
-Superman Unbound

iTunes Codes In Canada That Work On Flixster Through A US Proxy

-Veep Season 1
-Battleship
-Girls Season 1
-The Five-Year Engagement
-Snow White & The Huntsman
-E.T. (Also confirmed by Jakdonark)
-Skyfall (Also confirmed by Jakdonark)
-Safe House
-Jaws (Also confirmed by Jakdonark)
-Scarface (Confirmed by Jakdonark)
-King Kong (Confirmed by Jakdonark)
-Hugo (Confirmed by Jakdonark)
-Mummy (Confirmed by Jakdonark)

iTunes Codes In Canada That Don't Work On Flixster Through A US Proxy

-Silver Linings Playbook
-Zero Dark Thirty

Last edited by Hayabusa85; 05-14-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:24 PM   #12

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Thanks for the credit hayabusa! I was going to post this too, but I get ridiculously busy sometimes. I'll also add that UK ultraviolet codes work with a uk proxy. I just got the theatrical cut of Dances With Wolves from the UK and I was able to redeem it here. And after doing some research I found that you can download to a device to watch without an Internet/ cell connection. I've got a Hellboy steel coming from the UK, advertised as having UV.

Looks like Die Hard 5 in the states might have UV. If I pick it up here on Tuesday (providing the legacy set doesn't magically show up in Canada) I'll find out if that code works too (with a US proxy). So far seems to be Fox, universal, and some Paramount titles that this works for.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #13

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

A little late, but A Good Day To Die Hard cdn iTunes code works on flixster through a US proxy. Also Universal has been rereleasing some titles with UV on the package: Bourne movies, The Sting, Out of Africa, and The Breakfast Club are all I can recall right now. All iTunes codes from the 100th anniversary codes worked except on Bourne Ultimatum and Breakfast Club. Tried on both cdn and us flixster sites. There are a bunch more coming out in the next few months. I think Blues Brothers and Smokey and the Bandit are both on that list. Fingers crossed my codes work for those.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM   #14

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

A few new titles are up for upcoming Ultraviolet releases, including the Jerk, Liar Liar, and Charade, some that hadn't been on Blu before. Of the new titles that have been released (many under the Universal 100th line), I tried itunes codes for Smokey and the Bandit, Blues Brothers, Animal House, and Sixteen Candles, and they all worked. I retried Breakfast Club and it worked this time, but Bourne Ultimatum still did not.

And this was all on the Canadian Flixster site.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 AM   #15
Special Member

Dec 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba Blu-ray SteelBooks™: (92) LaserDiscs: (265)

Here are a few other's that I have managed to get working through a US Proxy:

Paramount

The Adventures of Tin-Tin
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

20th Century Fox

Life of Pi 2D

Universal

The Thing
Fast Five
Cowboys and Aliens
American Reunion

HBO

Game of Thrones: Season 2
Old 12-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #16

Sep 2013
Burnaby, BC Canada

Hey guys, I'm a total newbie when it comes to streaming/downloading digital copies. Even before UV came out, i could never get them to work because they always ask for the newest version of Windows...which i never have, so i gave up on them for the longest time.

But now, this UV thing sounds alot more user friendly and I'd like to give it a try. Any suggestions which way is the best to go? I own an older Macbook and a PS3....what are my best options? Although my preference is definitely watching on ps3 since it's hooked up to my plasma. Thanks

And when you guys say US proxy, you mean opening a UV account with a US address right?
Old 12-16-2013, 02:45 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
Hey guys, I'm a total newbie when it comes to streaming/downloading digital copies. Even before UV came out, i could never get them to work because they always ask for the newest version of Windows...which i never have, so i gave up on them for the longest time.

But now, this UV thing sounds alot more user friendly and I'd like to give it a try. Any suggestions which way is the best to go? I own an older Macbook and a PS3....what are my best options? Although my preference is definitely watching on ps3 since it's hooked up to my plasma. Thanks

And when you guys say US proxy, you mean opening a UV account with a US address right?
Sign up for a UV account, and you can use different sites to redeem codes. I use Flixster, but you should be able to access it through different sites once you link your UV account. In my experience, you don't need a seperate UV account, I've redeemed UK & USA codes through VPN on my Canadian account, and I can watch those titles without a proxy but YMMV.

Since you don't actually have to download any software you can redeem it on any net friendly device. Many times the same UV code also works with iTunes, but that depends on the title.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #18

Sep 2013
Burnaby, BC Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
Sign up for a UV account, and you can use different sites to redeem codes. I use Flixster, but you should be able to access it through different sites once you link your UV account. In my experience, you don't need a seperate UV account, I've redeemed UK & USA codes through VPN on my Canadian account, and I can watch those titles without a proxy but YMMV.

Since you don't actually have to download any software you can redeem it on any net friendly device. Many times the same UV code also works with iTunes, but that depends on the title.
Thnx DoubleDown, so trading UV codes with our international buddies here on the forums is not really an issue according to your experience? Cool.

Also, pm sent about the meetup.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #19

Sep 2013
Quebec, Canada

I have tons of UV films, it's been quite a while now they are selling movies that way in Canada ! I dig it a lot !!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Canada