Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Last Starfighter (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Blu-ray)
$6.98
Beyond Outrage (Blu-ray)
$12.96
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Slap Shot (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Devil's Due (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Fairy Tail: Part 8 (Blu-ray)
$26.99
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Here Comes the Devil (Blu-ray)
$14.96
Mallrats (Blu-ray)
$9.96
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning / The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea (Blu-ray)
$19.96
High Plains Drifter (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 04-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #8701

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouCoupDinkyDau View Post
Hooray! I shipped today!!
Where are you being shipped to?
Old 04-08-2014, 12:19 AM   #8702
Special Member

Sep 2008
The £كا
Thumbs up

Received mine yesterday and watched Raiders. Diggin' the transfer.
Might I add that John Williams lossless score is THUNDERING!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:29 AM   #8703
Power Member

Jun 2012
Burlington, Vermont Steelbooks-78

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook View Post
so i'm watching raiders of the lost ark, and it's just gorgeous! A beautiful golden hue seems to have been given to this transfer. Least i don't remember it in the dvds. This is the first time i've watched any of the films on bluray. Can't wait to check out the rest!

I do have one complaint, well, more of a disappointment actually. i would have liked some commentaries.
+1
Samsung Smart LED 3DTV 120hz Model - un40d6420
Panasonic 3D Bluray player Model - DMP-BDT320(Multiregion)
Magnavox Bluray player Model - NB530MGX
Xbox 360 4gb
Monster Hyper3D 1000 HDMI x 3
Monster Powercentre model - HT700
Samsung Active 3D glasses model - SSG-3050GB x 5

FOR TRADE:Pan's Labyrinth Canadian Steelbook sealed/PM me if interested.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:47 AM   #8704
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
I can't tell. It's really f***en dark in here!

Maybe I'm in the cargo hold of a Nazi U-boat.
I mostly come out at night...mostly.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #8705
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian9229 View Post
+1
Will never happen on Spielberg films. Don't even hope for it.
Mary Elizabeth Winsteads biggest fan!
Follow Mary on Twitter!
Alex of Venice: April 18th
Kill the Messenger: August 31rst
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Attendee
Old 04-08-2014, 01:09 AM   #8706
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Will never happen on Spielberg films. Don't even hope for it.
Maybe after he retires. Some people like to look back on their legacy.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:23 AM   #8707
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by solovoyager View Post
Quote:
I can't tell. It's really f***en dark in here!

Maybe I'm in the cargo hold of a Nazi U-boat.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #8708
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook View Post
So I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, and it's just gorgeous! A beautiful golden hue seems to have been given to this transfer. Least I don't remember it in the dvds. This is the first time I've watched any of the films on bluray. Can't wait to check out the rest!

I do have one complaint, well, more of a disappointment actually. I would have liked some commentaries.
Here you go... next best thing: http://vimeo.com/36011979 (I recommend downloading the 2GB HD .mp4 file and watching it on your media player of choice).
Old 04-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #8709

Mar 2013
Pineville, MO, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEB View Post
I watched all four movies today! What a great ride!

They all look and sound fantastic! Yes, there are a few issues with a soft image here and there and some other image "weirdness" during the opening cave scene of Raiders. But I am convinced that these are issues with the original negative, not with the transfer to Blu.

There were only a couple of short spots where I felt the image in Raiders was too bright or too hot. To my eyes, 99% of it looks fantastic! Yes, even the color.

There's a scene in Last Crusade when Indy, his dad, and Marcus are together in the convertible car. Their faces repeatedly go in and out of focus for a bit. It's something I've noticed with previous viewings (DVD, etc.). But it's MUCH more apparent when watching the Blu-ray. The fact that is stands out more simply underlines the fact that the film defects in Raiders are also amplified by the increased resolution of Blu.

There aren't enough adjectives for the improved soundtracks on all of the movies! My subwoofer earned its keep today. Some real demo-worthy soundtracks to be found here!

I'm thrilled with this set!

Mark
Mark, thank you! I just watched Last Crusade for the first time last night, and thought I was losing my mind over the scene in the convertible. Cleaned my glasses, and watched it again ... then began to worry that I had gotten a defective disc. Came to search through the thousands of posts in this thread and finally found yours mentioning the issue, posted 19 months ago. You probably won't see this, but wanted to express my gratitude nonetheless.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #8710

Feb 2014

OK guys, I am close to buying the IJ boxed set on Blu - as always, I appreciate all of the detailed reviews of the set; it's obviously far superior to the 2003 DVD set/2008 KOTCS DVD.

However, I have a question - and, I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, since I haven't read all of these posts: The 2003 IJ DVD boxed set came with a 4th Disk with numerous special features, i.e. making(s) of the film, etc. Now, I see that the Blu set also comes w/special features. My question is this: are there any special features missing on the Blu set that are included on the regular DVD special features disk? Special features aren't a huge deal to me, but I did want to know about this either way since I'd like to know if it's worthwhile to keep the regular DVD....

Thanks in advance for any info. on this.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:08 PM   #8711
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post
OK guys, I am close to buying the IJ boxed set on Blu - as always, I appreciate all of the detailed reviews of the set; it's obviously far superior to the 2003 DVD set/2008 KOTCS DVD.

However, I have a question - and, I apologize in advance if this has already been covered, since I haven't read all of these posts: The 2003 IJ DVD boxed set came with a 4th Disk with numerous special features, i.e. making(s) of the film, etc. Now, I see that the Blu set also comes w/special features. My question is this: are there any special features missing on the Blu set that are included on the regular DVD special features disk? Special features aren't a huge deal to me, but I did want to know about this either way since I'd like to know if it's worthwhile to keep the regular DVD....

There were 2 DVD releases for the Indiana Jones films, the trilogy set and the individual special edition releases, they both had different extras. The Blu-ray have most of these, plus a '81 Raiders documentary which was very hard to find on DVD. I think it's just galleries and other small bits and bobs that are missing from the BD release.
"Sometimes it scares me how far away my brain is." DC
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." AE
''I have no idea what Hammer Time is. Or how it differs from regular time.'' DM
Old 04-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #8712
Special Member

Feb 2009

Quote:
Spielberg will never retire. At least not while he is still around to make movies.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM   #8713

Feb 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
There were 2 DVD releases for the Indiana Jones films, the trilogy set and the individual special edition releases, they both had different extras. The Blu-ray have most of these, plus a '81 Raiders documentary which was very hard to find on DVD. I think it's just galleries and other small bits and bobs that are missing from the BD release.
Thanks for the info. & quick response. Good to know. I wasn't aware of the individual SE DVD releases, just the 2003 set.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #8714
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
I believe 100% of the content from both Indiana Jones trilogy DVDs have made the jump to the Blu-Ray. The only content that was not carried over is from the 2-disc Blu-Ray release of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. That said, if galleries were missing, I wouldn't have noticed.
DVDTalk Blu-Ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-Rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | Letterboxd | e-mail me | Twitter
Old 04-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #8715
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2007
The Arctic circle

Quote:
Nah. We'll get commentaries on his films after he's passed most likely, but never before.
Mary Elizabeth Winsteads biggest fan!
Follow Mary on Twitter!
Alex of Venice: April 18th
Kill the Messenger: August 31rst
San Diego Comic-Con 2011 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2012 Attendee
San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Attendee
Old 04-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #8716
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Winstead View Post
Nah. We'll get commentaries on his films after he's passed most likely, but never before.
And, of course, by then they won't be his commentaries.
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.-Mark Twain

Digital Copies Available ($1-$3 or Best Offer). PM Me For List.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #8717
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnamorphicWidescreen View Post

Search is your friend...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3271
Old 04-18-2014, 06:22 PM   #8718
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Zeta II Reticuli

Got mine a couple of days ago. Going to watch them in reverse chronological order:

Skull (complete)
Crusade
Raiders
Temple

Man, it's too bad Lucas lost his cookies in the early 90's. You can still see a little bit of genius mixed into Skull's sub-par offering. *sighs*

I'm also realizing just how powerful John Williams is. He can elevate movies in ways no other composer can.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 PM   #8719
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011
Edge of the Accretion Disc

Quote:
I'm also realizing just how powerful John Williams is. He can elevate movies in ways no other composer can.
Yep, for certain. There's a reason he's got the highest swag of Oscar noms for film score composition, beyond just his incredible talent for melody.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #8720
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Man, it's too bad Lucas lost his cookies in the early 90's. You can still see a little bit of genius mixed into Skull's sub-par offering. *sighs*
The first third is decent. The chase around campus is great because it seems to be practical stuntwork.
DVDTalk Blu-Ray and DVD Critic | facebook | Blu-Rays and DVDs (click the tab to switch) | Letterboxd | e-mail me | Twitter
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America