Best Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Big (Blu-ray)
$7.99
Hugo (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Gatchaman: Complete Collection + OVAs (Blu-ray)
$59.99
Uncle Buck (Blu-ray)
$6.96
Frozen Planet (Blu-ray)
$14.99
The Simpsons: The Sixteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Grave of the Fireflies (Blu-ray)
$12.99
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$24.99
Grease (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Animal House (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Godzilla (Blu-ray)
$19.99
Seven (Blu-ray)
$4.99
Blow (Blu-ray)
$6.98
High School of the Dead OVA: Drifters of the Dead (Blu-ray)
$4.99
The Pawnbroker (Blu-ray)
$19.16
The Quiet Man (Blu-ray)
$14.98
Somewhere in Time (Blu-ray)
$10.49
Charade (Blu-ray)
$9.96
The Breakfast Club (Blu-ray)
$9.96
Old 04-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #2281
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
How can anyone think Linkin Park sang Rock the Dragon? Have they even listened to Linkin Park? It sounds nothing like them.
I don't think it sounds Linkin Park at all that was what was so surprising to me when I heard this from a fellow fan of the series. Obviously, they didn't know their facts.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:50 PM   #2282

Apr 2010
UK

It was sung by Israeli-American musicians Shuki Levy and Haim Saban, people. Get your facts straight
"Warner Bros. does not understand the words coming out of buyers' mouths." - Buscemi.

Pre-orders:

Looney Tunes Platinum Collection: Volume 3

DBZ fan? Help FUNimation dub Battle of Gods! - http://chn.ge/1mBI5MR
Old 04-17-2014, 12:43 AM   #2283

Dec 2011
The Room of Space and Time

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/04/16...episode-count/
69 episodes for the buu arc i never realized how long that arc is
how many boxsets do you think funimation will release if its like the previous release it willy probably be 13 episodes sets so like 5 or so lol
29 episodes short of tying the previous arcs together.
"I guess we all just get hungry"- Joe Toy
Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 AM   #2284

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez468 View Post
http://www.fandompost.com/2014/04/16...episode-count/
69 episodes for the buu arc i never realized how long that arc is
how many boxsets do you think funimation will release if its like the previous release it willy probably be 13 episodes sets so like 5 or so lol
29 episodes short of tying the previous arcs together.
I was hoping for one more "season" set for the purpose of storage space. But knowing FUNimation, they will probably release the Buu arc on two or three season sets. Each season set has four discs, so the 8 "parts" is 4 "seasons" and that really saves on space.
Q V Z
Old 04-17-2014, 01:43 AM   #2285

Nov 2011

They will probably release the Kai Bui Saga in parts first. I can see them releasing 5 parts. With part one containing 13 episodes while the remaining 4 contains 14 episodes. When they finally release it in seasons format, there will probably be 3 seasons sets containing 23 episodes each. Which makes it 7 season sets total for Kai (7 Dragon Balls :P).
Old 04-17-2014, 03:26 AM   #2286

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
They will probably release the Kai Bui Saga in parts first. I can see them releasing 5 parts. With part one containing 13 episodes while the remaining 4 contains 14 episodes. When they finally release it in seasons format, there will probably be 3 seasons sets containing 23 episodes each. Which makes it 7 season sets total for Kai (7 Dragon Balls :P).
That's about what I was thinking, I guess it's time I buy more shelves.

I know one thing for sure, I'm holding out for combined season sets. FUNi won't get me to pay more money than I have to
Q V Z
Old 04-19-2014, 05:38 AM   #2287

Jan 2013

Has anyone gotten the madman release of season one yet? It came out two days ago. I would like to see if the picture quality is different like the screencaps on the web site show it to be.

http://i6.minus.com/ieh1XcQXV9ZPC.jpg

http://i5.minus.com/il73804JwszHn.png

http://i4.minus.com/iMlXwR0omklua.jpg

http://i1.minus.com/iLdTtakek0ZpT.png

Last edited by DoubleGulpShrimp; 04-19-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:08 AM   #2288
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
That sounds plausible. I am sure they will try to milk the parts as much as possible to get the most money out fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
That's about what I was thinking, I guess it's time I buy more shelves.

I know one thing for sure, I'm holding out for combined season sets. FUNi won't get me to pay more money than I have to
I know what you saying that the parts do take up a lot space...I only have Parts 1-4 so far and am a little unsure of where I am going to put the other parts when I finally get them. I am just hoping they all have slipcovers when that happens.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:16 AM   #2289
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinwith26s View Post
Yamamoto was no where near as limited as Kikuchi Kai. I thought it had enough variety.
I did too I was just curious of what you're all opinion was I prefer to listen to the Yamamoto score verses Kikuchi any day of the week.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #2290

Oct 2013

Ok, I know this is probably a bit old now, but I laughed harder than I should have..

Old 04-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #2291

May 2009
New Zealand

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=240431

Quote:
Also departing from the previous releases, with the Blu-rays being in a 4:3 fullscreen aspect ratio and DVDs in a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, both the Blu-ray and DVD box sets for the Majin Buu arc are listed in widescreen formats only. As of right now, it appears that a fullscreen version will not available, and in all likelihood was never produced to begin with. We’ll be sure to keep you posted if this detail happens to change.
Help Complete a Collection! Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games - Nightmare's End (DVD) WANTED.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #2292

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseY0ur1llusi0n View Post
Ok, I know this is probably a bit old now, but I laughed harder than I should have..

Hitler reacts to the 16:9 cropping of the new Dragon Ball Z blu-rays - YouTube
Usually in these hitler videos, the text doesn't flash by so damn fast.
Q V Z
Old 04-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #2293

Mar 2012
Boston, MA

Damn, with the Buu saga being stretched so far in Kai, I may have to sell off all 8 parts of Kai and just buy the season sets.
XBL GT/PSN/SEN/Vita:YungTwizz
www.twitter.com/The_Real_Twizz
Old 04-21-2014, 05:19 PM   #2294
Special Member

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleGulpShrimp View Post
Has anyone gotten the madman release of season one yet? It came out two days ago. I would like to see if the picture quality is different like the screencaps on the web site show it to be.

I doubt it. I suppose it's a possibility if Funimation gave them the source where they could choose to NOT apply the filtering. However, since the release involved Funimation, it might be identical. In any case, the set is still cropped widescreen.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #2295
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Northern Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizz View Post
Damn, with the Buu saga being stretched so far in Kai, I may have to sell off all 8 parts of Kai and just buy the season sets.
I can't see them stretching the parts that far, maybe 3 or 4 parts at the most, depending how many episodes there that are and how many they puts on the blus.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:09 PM   #2296

Mar 2012
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamelessFanGirl View Post
I can't see them stretching the parts that far, maybe 3 or 4 parts at the most, depending how many episodes there that are and how many they puts on the blus.
On mobile so it's hard for me to multi quote. A few post above us mentioned Buu arc will be 69 episodes. Going off the past, these parts should be 13/14 episodes per part release. Since I have 8 parts already, another 4 isn't a killer but then again, with only 9 seasons I can have every episode but selling my Kai and going Z season.

I'm so torn on what to do.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:50 PM   #2297

Oct 2012

Quote:
On mobile so it's hard for me to multi quote. A few post above us mentioned Buu arc will be 69 episodes. Going off the past, these parts should be 13/14 episodes per part release. Since I have 8 parts already, another 4 isn't a killer but then again, with only 9 seasons I can have every episode but selling my Kai and going Z season.

I'm so torn on what to do.
Kai isn't 9 seasons. In fact the "season" sets are inaccurate, since there are currently 4 season sets, but Kai actually only had two seasons in the US (and ran continually in Japan, not split into seasons). The Buu arc would make a total of 3 seasons for the show.
Q V Z
Old Yesterday, 12:21 AM   #2298

Mar 2012
Boston, MA

Quote:
Kai isn't 9 seasons. In fact the "season" sets are inaccurate, since there are currently 4 season sets, but Kai actually only had two seasons in the US (and ran continually in Japan, not split into seasons). The Buu arc would make a total of 3 seasons for the show.
No no, sorry I wasn't clear.

What I meant is with DBZ Season's there's only 9 releases. With Kai, there's 4 season sets currently, not to mention the upcoming Buu arc.

What I'm deciding is, I already have all 8 DBZ Kai part releases. If I sold these and went with DBZ Season sets, that's only a total of 9 cases (with the entire series). Overall thought is can I deal with the cropping for less space and more episodes or stick with Kai and make more space.
Old Yesterday, 12:42 AM   #2299

Oct 2012

Quote:
No no, sorry I wasn't clear.

What I meant is with DBZ Season's there's only 9 releases. With Kai, there's 4 season sets currently, not to mention the upcoming Buu arc.

What I'm deciding is, I already have all 8 DBZ Kai part releases. If I sold these and went with DBZ Season sets, that's only a total of 9 cases (with the entire series). Overall thought is can I deal with the cropping for less space and more episodes or stick with Kai and make more space.
Well that's a personal preference choice, but if you want my opinion, stick with Kai. A lot of the filler is mind-boggling stupid (such as Goku learning how to drive). If you want to just save shelf space, I'd look for a sale on the Kai season sets, and sell the part sets. All 8 parts shrunk down to just 4 cases. But you will miss out on the cool colors. The season sets don't have different colored spines. It depends on how you want it to look on the shelf.
Q V Z

Last edited by Scarface32; Yesterday at 12:45 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:53 AM   #2300

Mar 2012
Boston, MA

Quote:
Well that's a personal preference choice, but if you want my opinion, stick with Kai. A lot of the filler is mind-boggling stupid (such as Goku learning how to drive). If you want to just save shelf space, I'd look for a sale on the Kai season sets, and sell the part sets. All 8 parts shrunk down to just 4 cases. But you will miss out on the cool colors. The season sets don't have different colored spines. It depends on how you want it to look on the shelf.
That's the thing, I really have to think this out. As a teen I said one day I will own the entire series. Ended up doing so in my early 20's when the orange bricks was on sale. Then ended up selling those to get Kai on Blu. If only we could have the Dragon Boxes on Blu. Thanks for your opinion, I do appreciate it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Anime